After the Holocaust, the Gods Made the Peng Challenge, to Show the Way They Should Go

Seanachai

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Speaking of worthless geeks, what's YOUR status here these days anyway? Still an SSN, Serf, what?

Joe

He's one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypso. That's like being an Olde One, but to a wider audience.

The Olde Ones of the Peng Challenge acknowledge the Four Horsemen as visiting Heads of State, as they are the true controllers of the Combat Mission Forums (outside the Peng Challenge, that is).

Acknowledging them is fairly easy to do since one of them is and Olde One of the Peng Challenge, and another is a Seniour Knight in their own right.

You should address him formally as 'Famine', or, if you are on familiar terms with him, address him as 'the bastard Emrys.

Michael is here because things have gotten rather 'dodgy' on the rest of the Forum. He's here on a 'tour of the Colonies' until the political situation calms down.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

how else would the average Aussie ever get a self-respecting sheila to participate in their genetic experiments...

Being witty and charming always worked for me, and meant I could keep all the beer for myself.

Originally posted by Nidan1:

I think I have eaten enough food to feed several goober nations, Australia comes to mind here.

By implication a goober nation is one where food is in shortage?

In that case, Australia isn't the best example of a goober nation given that it is a primary producer.

Btw I'm slightly confused...doesn't 'mind' imply the ability to think?

Mace

how else would the average Aussie ever get a self-respecting sheila to participate in their genetic experiments...

Being witty and charming always worked for me, and meant I could keep all the beer for myself.

Originally posted by Nidan1:

I think I have eaten enough food to feed several goober nations, Australia comes to mind here.

By implication a goober nation is one where food is in shortage?

In that case, Australia isn't the best example of a goober nation given that it is a primary producer.

Btw I'm slightly confused...doesn't 'mind' imply the ability to think?

Mace

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Noba:

We got booted out and basically had to fend for ourselves. Now Aussie Ingenuity has led to a brilliant place to live, full of sun, surf, sheilas and beer. You're jealous.

Go on - admit it.....

Noba.

Hmm...

full of sun... amount of Aussie input required: zero

surf... amount of Aussie input required: zero

sheilas... amount of Aussie input required: minimal, as genetics dictates that after a few generations some combinations of the wild gene pool would lead to favorable specimens

beer... amount of Aussie input required: normal, nothing exceptional here other than the fact that they had to adapt the recipe to more local climate and crops. And they did have a rather large incentive to develop the alcoholic beverage, otherwise how else would the average Aussie ever get a self-respecting sheila to participate in their genetic experiments...

So this supposedly brilliant Aussie ingenuity has had little else to focus on other than getting the better-looking sheilas drunk enough to mate... While one might admire the single-mindedness of the Aussie men, one has to similarly pity the Aussie women... </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Noba:

We got booted out and basically had to fend for ourselves. Now Aussie Ingenuity has led to a brilliant place to live, full of sun, surf, sheilas and beer. You're jealous.

Go on - admit it.....

Noba.

Hmm...

full of sun... amount of Aussie input required: zero

surf... amount of Aussie input required: zero

sheilas... amount of Aussie input required: minimal, as genetics dictates that after a few generations some combinations of the wild gene pool would lead to favorable specimens

beer... amount of Aussie input required: normal, nothing exceptional here other than the fact that they had to adapt the recipe to more local climate and crops. And they did have a rather large incentive to develop the alcoholic beverage, otherwise how else would the average Aussie ever get a self-respecting sheila to participate in their genetic experiments...

So this supposedly brilliant Aussie ingenuity has had little else to focus on other than getting the better-looking sheilas drunk enough to mate... While one might admire the single-mindedness of the Aussie men, one has to similarly pity the Aussie women... </font>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

You should address him formally as 'Famine', or, if you are on familiar terms with him, address him as 'the bastard Emrys.

Famine, that's right. I'm always forgetting which one of the Horsemen he is. I keep thinking maybe, Ennui or Halitosis...

But if you say he's Famine, well... okay.

(Are you sure he's not Annoying Itch In An Embarrasing Area? I mean, it'd be a natural for him.)

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Famine, that's right. I'm always forgetting which one of the Horsemen he is. I keep thinking maybe, Ennui or Halitosis...

(Are you sure he's not Annoying Itch In An Embarrasing Area? I mean, it'd be a natural for him.)

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

(Are you sure he's not Annoying Itch In An Embarrasing Area? I mean, it'd be a natural for him.) </font>

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

(Are you sure he's not Annoying Itch In An Embarrasing Area? I mean, it'd be a natural for him.) </font>

rules and procedure will see us through. It's the exceptions that always cause the grief, you may depend upon it.

Oh isn't this special. Mister joebob "the rules don't apply to me" Shaw is going to tell us about the rules. The same person who took away my right of first refusal and took a serf because he was a marine and I was navy.

A Fey and Bah! to you Joebob. I haven't seen waffling like that since that other thread came into existence.

Ever consider running for President, Joebob? I don't think there is a "too old" clause.

Rune

rules and procedure will see us through. It's the exceptions that always cause the grief, you may depend upon it.

Oh isn't this special. Mister joebob "the rules don't apply to me" Shaw is going to tell us about the rules. The same person who took away my right of first refusal and took a serf because he was a marine and I was navy.

A Fey and Bah! to you Joebob. I haven't seen waffling like that since that other thread came into existence.

Ever consider running for President, Joebob? I don't think there is a "too old" clause.

Rune

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nidan1:

Greetings from Halifax BC.

Ye gods! It's not as if Americans' reputation for ignorance of geography wasn't already bad enough, you have to go stick Halifax on the wrong side of the continent! Granted that Canada is a pretty sorry excuse for a country—all those Frenchies and all—but Halifax is in NS, not BC!

tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

Michael </font>

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Ye gods! It's not as if Americans' reputation for ignorance of geography wasn't already bad enough, you have to go stick Halifax on the wrong side of the continent! Granted that Canada is a pretty sorry excuse for a country—all those Frenchies and all—but Halifax is in NS, not BC!

Michael </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Michael </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Michael </font>