CMAK the Cheery Waffle and snap me out of my Qattara Depression!!!

Snarker

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Evening Gentlemen.

I have now spent 5 hours in a bid to download the CMAK Demo. FIVE HOURS!!! :mad:

"But surely, Jim, you have the demo on your hard drive by now, or are at least close to having it aren't you?" :confused:

I am back to square feckin zero!!! :mad: :mad:

The biatche died at 58%. File Corrupt, please try again.

That's all for tonite folks!!! Have a pleasant one.

Dave H, I may be joining you in awaiting the CD. :mad: :mad:

Dave you skirt-wearing nong, IF you choose to forego the demo, such is your choice. Keep in mind all the kewl ****e that you WON'T see...i.e. the G3 Howitzer HT. Quite the lethal bit of tin. And can you really wait to see how the 2-turret tanks have been modelled?

I think not. You will fold like Superman on laundry day and spend all weekend with yer weak-ass connection to enjoy the beauty that is CMAK. I hope you fail so that our first encounter will bode pain for you, much pain, maggot.

Originally posted by Becket:

And today, I modified PBEM helper to work with the CMAK demo.

I. Rule.

I had a play with that while I was waiting for turns (which never arrived ... bloody time zones :mad: :mad: :mad: ).

I'm guessing you just copy over the missing settings from CMBB?

Quizzical Teddy

PS. Go on Dave ... you know you want to. Download the demo. (Edited to add: I think the demo scenarios look to be in a whole different league to those that appeared with CMBB, so if that's a major reason for not getting it, maybe you should reconsider? All the best)

[ November 20, 2003, 06:52 AM: Message edited by: Edward Windsor ]

Originally posted by Dave H:

Thank you, Axe, for that fine introduction. No, I'd rather wait until I can get the entire game and spend hours checking every scenario with my dictionary in hand, looking for the misspelling that I can announce to the world. I'll make sure you get the full credit for every single error. :D

I never did download the CMBB demo, either. I remember how many people were really angry because the two demo scenarios were so unbalanced. BFC (or was it still BTS?) said the demos were designed to show off the changes from CMBO to CMBB, but they still spoiled CMBB for some people. :(

So "anarchist" - no. "Following a different drummer" - yes! Sue me. :D

Did any of you happen to notice the order number when you sent in your pre-order? Mine was number one hundred thousand something. If BFC has sold over 100,000 units, no wonder they can lower the price on CMBB, and also sell CMAK for $35. These guys could be doing very well for themselves. I for one sure hope so, because I've gotten a lot more out of playing Combat Mission than just the fun of the game. First of all, I've learned A LOT, especially about the Eastern Front. Even more important, I've made a bunch of new friends. :D

I guess the only real down side to my entire Combat Mission experience has been discovering the Peng thread. tongue.gif

P.S. Do any of you seriously believe Soddball needs six copies of CMAK? Two for himself I can handle, but where would he find four friends? :rolleyes:

All this blathering and not a single :mad:

For shame dave, for shame! :mad:

P.S. Do any of you seriously believe Soddball needs six copies of CMAK? Two for himself I can handle, but where would he find four friends? :rolleyes:

Newsflash for Nofriends Dave H: It is possible to have friends who are outside the interweb :mad:

Originally posted by Edward Windsor:

I'm guessing you just copy over the missing settings from CMBB?

Quizzical Teddy

You are correct, although I edited the settings from the CMBB demo. So simple, even a muppet like you can figure it out! :mad: :mad:

To hell with Christmas — 16 days until CMAK ships! (Unless I get mine early from a certain bald Santa Claus ;) )

w-effen-00t!!

I'd rather wait until I can get the entire game and spend hours checking every scenario with my dictionary in hand, looking for the misspelling that I can announce to the world. I'll make sure you get the full credit for every single error.

Ahh, but there were two of us. What a dilema — heap scorn on a Canadian journalist or a Texan lawyer.

<big>Good Morning, CMAK Maggots!!</big>

Welcome to the Brave New World! :D

Originally posted by Soddball:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dave H:

Newsflash for Nofriends Dave H: It is possible to have friends who are outside the interweb :mad: </font>

Originally posted by Axe2121:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dave H:

I'd rather wait until I can get the entire game and spend hours checking every scenario with my dictionary in hand, looking for the misspelling that I can announce to the world. I'll make sure you get the full credit for every single error.

Ahh, but there were two of us. What a dilema — heap scorn on a Canadian journalist or a Texan lawyer.</font>

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

Good Evening Gentlemen.

I have now spent 5 hours in a bid to download the CMAK Demo. FIVE HOURS!!! :mad:

"But surely, Jim, you have the demo on your hard drive by now, or are at least close to having it aren't you?" :confused:

I am back to square feckin zero!!! :mad: :mad:

The biatche died at 58%. File Corrupt, please try again.

That's all for tonite folks!!! Have a pleasant one.

Dave H, I may be joining you in awaiting the CD. :mad: :mad:

Jimmy Boy, if you E-mail me your snail mail address, I could burn you a copy of the demo. It'll take a couple of days to make it to you, but at least you'd have it.

Or I might be too hammered and send you a CD that has those dogs barking out "Jingle Bells...but it's a chance you'd have to take.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Jimmy Boy, if you E-mail me your snail mail address, I could burn you a copy of the demo. It'll take a couple of days to make it to you, but at least you'd have it.

Only a couple of days!!!!!! Hell that's still faster than 56k!!!!

I take back all the dishonorable and vile comments I have ever made about you. Rest assured that as soon as I recieve your generous copy, I will immediately repudiate this entire post. :D:D:D

Originally posted by Snarker:

No. tongue.gif I'm downloading. No processor ticks for playing or bandwidth for uploading. I'll not be waiting for the demo until I have the game!

Turn tomorrow, as the d/l is scheduled to finish at 1:00. :mad: :mad:

Well??????

Did you actually get it?

I let mine go all night, but it died again. It's running again right now at home, but my horrorscope is not real encouraging.

Today continues a trend from the previous day. Beware of electronic mailings as they could be hazardous to your well-being. Patience will be in short supply today.

Originally posted by Snarker:

No. tongue.gif I'm downloading. No processor ticks for playing or bandwidth for uploading. I'll not be waiting for the demo until I have the game!

Hey! He is filling in nicely for Mastergoodale! That's a new excuse!

Originally posted by Edward Windsor:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Axe2121:

You are correct, although I edited the settings from the CMBB demo. So simple, even a muppet like you can figure it out! :mad: :mad:

:mad: :mad: :mad: There better be a turn waiting for me when I get back to the chateau tonight, maggot. </font>

Axe

I was unable to send turns last night as my computer was preoccupied with an exercise in time wasting.

If the lack of turns in our game has in any way caused you undue hardship or pain then I would offer my humblest:

Big Freakin Whoop!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Thank you for sharing in my tribulations!

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Snarker:

Well??????

Did you actually get it?

I let mine go all night, but it died again. It's running again right now at home, but my horrorscope is not real encouraging.

Today continues a trend from the previous day. Beware of electronic mailings as they could be hazardous to your well-being. Patience will be in short supply today. </font>

Originally posted by Axe2121:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Snarker:

Hey! He is filling in nicely for Mastergoodale! That's a new excuse! </font>