CMAKdb update.

folke

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for those kind words J2D, I was interrupted in my project by a system reinstall. Been buying some stuff and have changed practically all internal organs of my PC (to younger, prettier ones). System is working again now, but only just. Very unstable. I'll be spending a few days trying to get everything disciplined here, but then I'll be right back on track.

Cheerio

Dandelion

Originally posted by folke:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Pheasant Plucker:

Cheers folke, and the voting seems to be going my way as well smile.gif .

Can I ask another question. I would like to upload some Brit CMAK images to the database for the units. How do I do this? I notice Wicky has already started, but I think I have taken my extra stupid pills today and I can't see how it's done, or indeed if you really need it.

The upload script is sorta messed up for the moment, and I'm working on to get it fixed.

So if you want you can mail me the images and I will upload the manually.

But by the end of the working week I think that the script are up and working ;)

</font>

Originally posted by Wolfe:

I can understand that. The ones I think are the most unnecessary are the Light/Medium/Heavy Machine gun categories and the Howitzer/Field/Infantry Gun categories. I think these six would be better off as just two: MGs and Infantry Guns.

I also don't think there's any functional difference in the game between a Howitzer Spotter and an Artillery Spotter, so those two might be better off combined as well. There are indeed in-game differences between the Mortar, Rocket, and Arty FOs, so having them in different categories is probably a good idea. But I wonder if they might be renamed so that they're all listed together in the Menu. Maybe something like:

Artillery FO - Guns

Artillery FO - Mortars

Artillery FO - Rockets

[/QB]

Updated atlast.

There was some fixing of the db to get this to work. But now it's easier to work with the different categories (types).

If you see some more ways to streamline the menu, pls tell me smile.gif

[edit]

Whee I'm not a Junior Member anymore smile.gif

[/edit]

As the others have said this looks very good.

Will there be a downloadable version of this when it is finished? The PC I use for the net is not the same one I have Combat Mision on. I keep the net completely seperate to avoid viruses etc.

Thanks for all the work you have put into this so far. (And no doubt all the work to come)

cheers MarkL

• 2 weeks later...

I have a suggestion. Pardon me if you are already planning to implement it at some time. I didn't review the whole thread. But just looking at the German Infantry section, it may be a good idea to further subdivide the units into their "Division Type". So we would click on German Infantry then SS Mechanized then the specific unit, as an example. Good idea or no?

Originally posted by junk2drive:

now that cmoutpost is gone, maybe you can do one for cmbb ?

I thought of that, but I dont own BB..

So if I made one I could not get the facts right.

But who knows what happens in the future smile.gif

There are a few more things to do with AKdb before I can go to the next project.

The code should be the same and the db structure too. But some of my coding must be redone to cope with BB.. humm... well, now it sounds more and more interesting. smile.gif

Is there any interest from the BB players to have a similar like this for BB?

[ September 27, 2004, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: folke ]

Originally posted by Herr Kruger:

I have a suggestion. Pardon me if you are already planning to implement it at some time. I didn't review the whole thread. But just looking at the German Infantry section, it may be a good idea to further subdivide the units into their "Division Type". So we would click on German Infantry then SS Mechanized then the specific unit, as an example. Good idea or no?

It's a great idea.

We talked about it before, but there are a great deal of data collection before it can be done.

Guest Sgt. Emren
Is there any interest from the BB players to have a similar like this for BB?

Are you KIDDING??!! I don't own CMAK and only play CMBB. I just popped in here to check out the forum and have read this thread, and I have browsed your website. This is STELLAR stuff! Great work! smile.gif

I for one would LOVE to see a CMBB section/version of this website, whatever you find the easiest. Most CMAK players also play CMBB, so you are sure to get a lot of users instantly! :D

Another good thing about your website is that it won't become dated, once CMX2 comes around. It's "just" facts about historical units. We'll only need to update the screenshots! :D

Originally posted by Slappy:

This looks great. One feature I would love is the ability to compare units, that is pull up the stats for two or three units side by side on the screen. This would let you for example compare the differences between model varients or pull up vehicles from different sides to see how they match up.

Yup. That'd be Very Very Handy.

One thing that is always frustrating is not being able to reference your unit's capabilities compared to the enemy while in game. That is, having unit stats side by side for comparison.

Thanks!

Originally posted by leakyD:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Slappy:

[qb] This looks great. One feature I would love is the ability to compare units, that is pull up the stats for two or three units side by side on the screen. This would let you for example compare the differences between model varients or pull up vehicles from different sides to see how they match up.

Yup. That'd be Very Very Handy.

One thing that is always frustrating is not being able to reference your unit's capabilities compared to the enemy while in game. That is, having unit stats side by side for comparison.

Thanks! </font>

Folke, I just commented the Valentine X on your site and noticed that the gun stats are wrong.

The gun has the correct HE stats but everything else needs ditching altogether. It is a 57mm/L50 and has the following ratings for penetration at 100m/500m/1000m/2000m:

AP (APCBC shot) 823 m/sec.

0 Degrees 131/117/101/80

30 Degrees 100/90/78/63

60 Degrees 46/43/38/31

Tungsten (APCR shot) 1076 m/sec.

0 Degrees 187/153/118/71

30 Degrees 131/110/85/51

60 Degrees 46/37/31/21

Cheers.