Gods! It's hot as Berli's breath out here... the Challenge is not sinking Peng deep

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From over a small sand dune is heard a muffled

FWACK!,

followed by a hoarse, "FORE!", and a knicked golf ball rolls desultorily down the opposite face.

A bedraggled Boo Radley climbs to the top of the dune and sadly surveys the endless heat shimmering vista of the Sahara Desert.

"This has got to be the mother of all sand traps! No way this sucker's a par four."

Trudging up to the ball, Boo addresses it, "You suck.", takes a mighty swing and watches as the ball caroms off a disgruntled looking camel.

"So what do I do first? Take the Mulligan or beat the damn camel to death?"

And the sun burns high in an azure sky...

From over a small sand dune is heard a muffled

FWACK!,

followed by a hoarse, "FORE!", and a knicked golf ball rolls desultorily down the opposite face.

A bedraggled Boo Radley climbs to the top of the dune and sadly surveys the endless heat shimmering vista of the Sahara Desert.

"This has got to be the mother of all sand traps! No way this sucker's a par four."

Trudging up to the ball, Boo addresses it, "You suck.", takes a mighty swing and watches as the ball caroms off a disgruntled looking camel.

"So what do I do first? Take the Mulligan or beat the damn camel to death?"

And the sun burns high in an azure sky...

Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

Glad you coud all make it to this latest rendition of the Cesspool.... where it's beach week!

Beach week!!! I'm holding out for the Ladies of the Cesspool Gone Wild video...

Damn all this sand... it's a tad too hot on the feet...

*warps to Italy*

Aahhh, now THIS is more like it. Does a mouse good to see how much cheese these Italians use, and the variety! Oh Heaven, I have found thee...

Was that a young Gina Lolabrigitta I saw go by???

Squeak!

Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

Glad you coud all make it to this latest rendition of the Cesspool.... where it's beach week!

Beach week!!! I'm holding out for the Ladies of the Cesspool Gone Wild video...

Damn all this sand... it's a tad too hot on the feet...

*warps to Italy*

Aahhh, now THIS is more like it. Does a mouse good to see how much cheese these Italians use, and the variety! Oh Heaven, I have found thee...

Was that a young Gina Lolabrigitta I saw go by???

Squeak!

A gentle, warm breeze ruffles the deep blue water in the center of the oasis. Birds chirp and the palms slowly sway to the languid zephyrs.

Suddenly, the stillness is broken by a

Fffzzzzzz.....SPLOICK

as a weathered golf ball lands squarely in the center of the pond.

Moments later, a slightly bent sand wedge spins out of the sky to follow it to the bottom.

"873 STROKES TO GET OUT OF THIS FERCOCKAMAMIE SAND TRAP AND I LAND IN THE ONLY WATER HAZARD IN THIS TIME ZONE!!! GAWD, I HATE THIS GAME!!!"

A gentle, warm breeze ruffles the deep blue water in the center of the oasis. Birds chirp and the palms slowly sway to the languid zephyrs.

Suddenly, the stillness is broken by a

Fffzzzzzz.....SPLOICK

as a weathered golf ball lands squarely in the center of the pond.

Moments later, a slightly bent sand wedge spins out of the sky to follow it to the bottom.

"873 STROKES TO GET OUT OF THIS FERCOCKAMAMIE SAND TRAP AND I LAND IN THE ONLY WATER HAZARD IN THIS TIME ZONE!!! GAWD, I HATE THIS GAME!!!"

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Those who I hate, I reprove and chasten; so be zealous, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and drink with him, and he with me. He who taunts, I will grant him to sit with me on a log in the Wasteland, as I myself sat down in the Wasteland with Peng and Berli. He who has an ear, let him hear what the 'Pool has to say about posting.

Was that King James or NIV?

Steve

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Those who I hate, I reprove and chasten; so be zealous, and repent. Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and drink with him, and he with me. He who taunts, I will grant him to sit with me on a log in the Wasteland, as I myself sat down in the Wasteland with Peng and Berli. He who has an ear, let him hear what the 'Pool has to say about posting.

Was that King James or NIV?

Steve

Members of the Pool,

It was an amazing sight, Berli playing the Kiwis advancing against JasonC playing the evil SS. Who was one of the squads led by, no other then Sgt Shaw himself. Shaw bravely rushed forward loses men along the way. We cheered for him to die, but alas, Joe survived to tell the tale. A successful preview and good time was had by all.

Rune

Members of the Pool,

It was an amazing sight, Berli playing the Kiwis advancing against JasonC playing the evil SS. Who was one of the squads led by, no other then Sgt Shaw himself. Shaw bravely rushed forward loses men along the way. We cheered for him to die, but alas, Joe survived to tell the tale. A successful preview and good time was had by all.

Rune