Gods! It's hot as Berli's breath out here... the Challenge is not sinking Peng deep

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Leeo:

I understand that dalem likes to gobble, gobble his meals.

They told me I can't hang out at the bus station for awhile though. </font>

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Leeo:

I understand that dalem likes to gobble, gobble his meals.

They told me I can't hang out at the bus station for awhile though. </font>

I'm back from the U.K. Damn, I missed all the fun with the Four Horsemen, well, three horsemen and a donkey guy. Kinda sounds like a movie, doesn't it? Probably better left unmade, that one. All on account of goat66? Maybe it's best I did miss it.

Fair Dame Emma, I also missed you, and for that I apologize. We were only in your beautiful land for a short time, but it was a trip I shall not soon forget. Edinburgh is a lovely city. The views from the castle walls are not to be believed, they are so spectacular.

I did get to meet Yeknodathon (not a thistle in sight), and it was worth the quote he made: "I like the setup portion of the game best; it's like flower arranging for men". Pathetic.

I also got to try out some of the local tipples, namely Laphroaig, Lagavulin, Glenfiddich and another who's name escapes me. I tried to chose names I have heard bandied about on the forums, and hope I made the right choice. It's all rather daunting. Personally, I still prefer a pint of stout (Gotta love Guinness on tap) but I do agree they are fine examples of the brewer's art. I also brought home a bottle of mead, which I have not tried yet.

To those I promised a bottle, it is now ready, and should be mailed soon. Have to get over the jet-lag and get to work.

Bovington is just as sweet as it gets, with some very fine examples of big clankety things. There are even some arcade style games, where you "fire" a piat and a bren. Fortunately, there was no running involved, as there is not a tripod to be seen.

I'm back from the U.K. Damn, I missed all the fun with the Four Horsemen, well, three horsemen and a donkey guy. Kinda sounds like a movie, doesn't it? Probably better left unmade, that one. All on account of goat66? Maybe it's best I did miss it.

Fair Dame Emma, I also missed you, and for that I apologize. We were only in your beautiful land for a short time, but it was a trip I shall not soon forget. Edinburgh is a lovely city. The views from the castle walls are not to be believed, they are so spectacular.

I did get to meet Yeknodathon (not a thistle in sight), and it was worth the quote he made: "I like the setup portion of the game best; it's like flower arranging for men". Pathetic.

I also got to try out some of the local tipples, namely Laphroaig, Lagavulin, Glenfiddich and another who's name escapes me. I tried to chose names I have heard bandied about on the forums, and hope I made the right choice. It's all rather daunting. Personally, I still prefer a pint of stout (Gotta love Guinness on tap) but I do agree they are fine examples of the brewer's art. I also brought home a bottle of mead, which I have not tried yet.

To those I promised a bottle, it is now ready, and should be mailed soon. Have to get over the jet-lag and get to work.

Bovington is just as sweet as it gets, with some very fine examples of big clankety things. There are even some arcade style games, where you "fire" a piat and a bren. Fortunately, there was no running involved, as there is not a tripod to be seen.

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

But hereafter and in times to come, Michael Dorosh and Michael Emrys shall be regarded as Seniour Knights of the Peng Challenge Thread.

Now that's a truly lovely idea. I'll back this one </font>

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

But hereafter and in times to come, Michael Dorosh and Michael Emrys shall be regarded as Seniour Knights of the Peng Challenge Thread.

Now that's a truly lovely idea. I'll back this one </font>