The new and improved Cheery Waffle Thread. Now with more raw sewage and evictions!

_Axe_

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Mace:

But it's great on chips! :D

Mace

Always looking on the bright side, aren't you Mace? Don't you get tired of being so cheerful? tongue.gif

I used a spade and a hoe to break off chunks of the drift that was directly outside the garage door. My Matrix, which thankfully has front wheel drive, was able to back up over the edge of our little glacier and is now parked in the street, ready to roll. :D:D

Oh, did I mention that our street hasn't been cleared? We haven't had a mail delivery since Tuesday. Apparently the neighborhood association board was "considering" a bid for snow removal, but had never actually signed a contract. <font size=5>Big GRRRRRRRRRR!!!</font> :mad: :mad: That WILL change shortly.

Now about the salt and fertilizer. No way I'm ruining a 3 year old concrete driveway with salt. Besides, it was so cold that even if I had salt it would have been ineffective. We live in a subdivision which has a homeowner's association, and we pay monthly dues. In return, the association contracts with a lawn care company to take care of everyone's front lawns (mowing, fertilizing, etc.). We also had our back yard landscaped (and it is gorgeous!), so there is absolutely no lawn care for me to do at all, hence no fertilizer. :D

Honestly, it's been fun to be snowed in for a few days. All of our utilities are underground, so we didn't lose our electricity and cable. Plenty of food, plenty of heat, plenty of entertainment, no pressure to be anyplace else. Actually, Becky and I agreed it has been a very wonderful Christmas. :D

Originally posted by Mace:

But it's great on chips! :D

Mace

Always looking on the bright side, aren't you Mace? Don't you get tired of being so cheerful? tongue.gif

I used a spade and a hoe to break off chunks of the drift that was directly outside the garage door. My Matrix, which thankfully has front wheel drive, was able to back up over the edge of our little glacier and is now parked in the street, ready to roll. :D:D

Oh, did I mention that our street hasn't been cleared? We haven't had a mail delivery since Tuesday. Apparently the neighborhood association board was "considering" a bid for snow removal, but had never actually signed a contract. <font size=5>Big GRRRRRRRRRR!!!</font> :mad: :mad: That WILL change shortly.

Now about the salt and fertilizer. No way I'm ruining a 3 year old concrete driveway with salt. Besides, it was so cold that even if I had salt it would have been ineffective. We live in a subdivision which has a homeowner's association, and we pay monthly dues. In return, the association contracts with a lawn care company to take care of everyone's front lawns (mowing, fertilizing, etc.). We also had our back yard landscaped (and it is gorgeous!), so there is absolutely no lawn care for me to do at all, hence no fertilizer. :D

Honestly, it's been fun to be snowed in for a few days. All of our utilities are underground, so we didn't lose our electricity and cable. Plenty of food, plenty of heat, plenty of entertainment, no pressure to be anyplace else. Actually, Becky and I agreed it has been a very wonderful Christmas. :D

Originally posted by Dave H:

Homer Simpson as 'Mr. Plow'....can you rig one of those snow plow thingies on your Matrix? Make a lil holiday cha-ching on the side. :D

Homer Simpson as 'Mr. Plow'....can you rig one of those snow plow thingies on your Matrix? Make a lil holiday cha-ching on the side. :D

DaveHIf you could only figure out how to harness all the hot air from this thread, all the snow in your county would melt. I can only imagine how bad it was in your neck of the woods.

My sister lives in Shelbyville IN. There was snow up to the bumper of their Suburban (thurs afternoon). Somehow, they managed to drive to Indy on unplowed lanes/roads and pick me up at the airport. From there, we drove due west to Ill. There is only aboot 4 inches of snow here at my parents. My brother said that there was no snow at all in Champaign-Urbana (home of the #1 ranked Illini w00t!).

Oh, I forgot. I hate everyone of you. :mad:

DaveHIf you could only figure out how to harness all the hot air from this thread, all the snow in your county would melt. I can only imagine how bad it was in your neck of the woods.

My sister lives in Shelbyville IN. There was snow up to the bumper of their Suburban (thurs afternoon). Somehow, they managed to drive to Indy on unplowed lanes/roads and pick me up at the airport. From there, we drove due west to Ill. There is only aboot 4 inches of snow here at my parents. My brother said that there was no snow at all in Champaign-Urbana (home of the #1 ranked Illini w00t!).

Oh, I forgot. I hate everyone of you. :mad:

Well, I tried pulling the car into the driveway tonight. All I managed to do was get stuck blocking the street. Much kitty litter and some shoveling later, we managed to get moving again. I'll be parking in the street for the next few days, I guess. Come on warm weather and rain! :D:D

I just watched a TV special on the creation of the album "1 Giant Leap". Any of you fine people familiar with it? As soon as it went off, I ordered both the album and the DVD from the web site. Truly spectacular music collected from all over the globe, seamlessly integrated into something really special. Those clever Brits! :D:D

Well, I tried pulling the car into the driveway tonight. All I managed to do was get stuck blocking the street. Much kitty litter and some shoveling later, we managed to get moving again. I'll be parking in the street for the next few days, I guess. Come on warm weather and rain! :D:D

I just watched a TV special on the creation of the album "1 Giant Leap". Any of you fine people familiar with it? As soon as it went off, I ordered both the album and the DVD from the web site. Truly spectacular music collected from all over the globe, seamlessly integrated into something really special. Those clever Brits! :D:D

It's so quiet, here. So...peaceful. Oh, there's the 'mad' smilies, and the endless references to 'tnt'. But otherwise, this place is rather like a monastery for people who were always chosen last for childhood sports.

I can see why you 'Goodalers' stay here. Dribble a little, shout a bit, and periodically check the front of your trousers to see if they're wet. It's like a little evolutionary cul-de-sac for individuals who couldn't compete on a bigger stage.

I suppose it's impressive enough that you can bear your young alive, rather than piling up a nest of rotting verbiage in the hopes that it'll cause a 'hatch' of new members.

Pity about the smell, of course.

It's so quiet, here. So...peaceful. Oh, there's the 'mad' smilies, and the endless references to 'tnt'. But otherwise, this place is rather like a monastery for people who were always chosen last for childhood sports.

I can see why you 'Goodalers' stay here. Dribble a little, shout a bit, and periodically check the front of your trousers to see if they're wet. It's like a little evolutionary cul-de-sac for individuals who couldn't compete on a bigger stage.

I suppose it's impressive enough that you can bear your young alive, rather than piling up a nest of rotting verbiage in the hopes that it'll cause a 'hatch' of new members.

Pity about the smell, of course.

Have you been munching on mercury thermometers again? They're not candy canes, you know!

Now back to that Thesaurus-dump with you. If I wanted to read long, pointless prose that made me want to punch someone, I'd go read The Stone Angel* again. tongue.gif :mad: :mad: :mad:

*<font size=2>Hey Axe, did you have to read this one in high school? In Grade 11 this, together with Tess of the D'Urbervilles, and The Glass Menagerie almost turned me off of "literature". Every single character in all of these books and play could've used a healthy dose of angryolized TNT!! :mad: :mad: GRAAARRGARAARRGG!! </font>

Have you been munching on mercury thermometers again? They're not candy canes, you know!

Now back to that Thesaurus-dump with you. If I wanted to read long, pointless prose that made me want to punch someone, I'd go read The Stone Angel* again. tongue.gif :mad: :mad: :mad:

*<font size=2>Hey Axe, did you have to read this one in high school? In Grade 11 this, together with Tess of the D'Urbervilles, and The Glass Menagerie almost turned me off of "literature". Every single character in all of these books and play could've used a healthy dose of angryolized TNT!! :mad: :mad: GRAAARRGARAARRGG!! </font>

Well,

I just watched a TV special on the creation of the album "1 Giant Leap". Any of you fine people familiar with it? As soon as it went off, I ordered both the album and the DVD from the web site.

Impulse shopper. I'll bet you have every Slim Whitman album on the market.

Well,

I just watched a TV special on the creation of the album "1 Giant Leap". Any of you fine people familiar with it? As soon as it went off, I ordered both the album and the DVD from the web site.

Impulse shopper. I'll bet you have every Slim Whitman album on the market.