The new and improved Cheery Waffle Thread. Now with more raw sewage and evictions!

_Axe_

Originally posted by Dave H:

Try finding somebody to deliver a jackhammer on Christmas Day sometime. GRRRRRRRRRR!!

Simple. Go to the local road maintenence depot and steal one.

:D:D

Sorry for the lack of my own smileys, but someone used up the smiley quota. GRRRR!!
Like a well-oiled machine, the Master Plan swings into action.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Michael

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try finding somebody to deliver a jackhammer on Christmas Day sometime. GRRRRRRRRRR!!

:D:D

Sorry for the lack of my own smileys, but someone used up the smiley quota. GRRRR!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Michael

DaveH, let me share a bit of older aged wisdom with you:

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

*two smileys stolen*

*six more removed from Michael's person, knowing that Michael would not be able to keep up as the perpetrator makes a quick escape as only an Aussie knows how*

See?

Easy Squeezy! :mad: :mad: :mad: :D :mad: :mad: tongue.giftongue.gif

Mace

DaveH, let me share a bit of older aged wisdom with you:

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

*two smileys stolen*

*six more removed from Michael's person, knowing that Michael would not be able to keep up as the perpetrator makes a quick escape as only an Aussie knows how*

See?

Easy Squeezy! :mad: :mad: :mad: :D :mad: :mad: tongue.giftongue.gif

Mace

You guys are really a big help. If I could get my car out of the garage to go to the local road maintenance depot to steal a jackhammer, I wouldn't need the stinking jackhammer in the first place!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

This is what I get for expecting <font size=1>penguins</font> to have any synapses still firing. All of the time you spend wallowing in the mud and the blood and the beer of the MBT has fried all of your neurons for sure. Of course, that's giving you the benefit of the doubt, because I'm really not sure <font size=1>penguins</font> are born with any brain cells to begin with. tongue.giftongue.gif:D

I think I'll go talk to a chunk of the ice. It probably makes more sense than you two. It's definitely more sober. :D:D

You guys are really a big help. If I could get my car out of the garage to go to the local road maintenance depot to steal a jackhammer, I wouldn't need the stinking jackhammer in the first place!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

This is what I get for expecting <font size=1>penguins</font> to have any synapses still firing. All of the time you spend wallowing in the mud and the blood and the beer of the MBT has fried all of your neurons for sure. Of course, that's giving you the benefit of the doubt, because I'm really not sure <font size=1>penguins</font> are born with any brain cells to begin with. tongue.giftongue.gif:D

I think I'll go talk to a chunk of the ice. It probably makes more sense than you two. It's definitely more sober. :D:D

All of the time you spend wallowing in the mud and the blood and the beer of the MBT has fried all of your neurons for sure.

Hey! I was frying neurons at Uni, well before the MBT was a gleam in Peng's and Seanachai's eyes (ewwwwuuuu....misbegotten hell spawn of a child that was!).

Enjoy the snow shovelling! :D

Mace

All of the time you spend wallowing in the mud and the blood and the beer of the MBT has fried all of your neurons for sure.

Hey! I was frying neurons at Uni, well before the MBT was a gleam in Peng's and Seanachai's eyes (ewwwwuuuu....misbegotten hell spawn of a child that was!).

Enjoy the snow shovelling! :D

Mace

Okay...you want a thoughtful idea or two, Davey?

Idea 1: go boil several pots of water and use them to melt the driveway in stages.

Idea 2: plug in the ol' 'lectric hair dryer and use *that* on the iced up driveway.

Better?

*sheesh* And he talks about *us* like *WE* haven't any working synapses when he can't come up with even a *poor* idea on his own.

*rolls eyes* <<====== Note that this eliminates the need for the use of ANY smilies, legitimate *or* ill-gotten

Idea 1: go boil several pots of water and use them to melt the driveway in stages.

Idea 2: plug in the ol' 'lectric hair dryer and use *that* on the iced up driveway.

Better?

*sheesh* And he talks about *us* like *WE* haven't any working synapses when he can't come up with even a *poor* idea on his own.

*rolls eyes* <<====== Note that this eliminates the need for the use of ANY smilies, legitimate *or* ill-gotten

Originally posted by Moraine Sedai:

Better?

Oh, don't be so sure. I came up with the poor idea of dumping several gallons of gasoline on top of the mess and firing it up, but then I reconsidered. I really think napalm would have worked better. Unfortunately, I ran a little short this week. :eek:

Here's the kicker - I just saw the extended weather forecast - the high temperature here next Saturday is supposed to be almost 70. :cool:

Did you see about New Orleans getting snow today? It was their first snow on Christmas Day in 50 years. That system may bring some of this fun and games to the east coast as the week rolls along. :D:D

Originally posted by Moraine Sedai:

Better?

Oh, don't be so sure. I came up with the poor idea of dumping several gallons of gasoline on top of the mess and firing it up, but then I reconsidered. I really think napalm would have worked better. Unfortunately, I ran a little short this week. :eek:

Here's the kicker - I just saw the extended weather forecast - the high temperature here next Saturday is supposed to be almost 70. :cool:

Did you see about New Orleans getting snow today? It was their first snow on Christmas Day in 50 years. That system may bring some of this fun and games to the east coast as the week rolls along. :D:D

Good thing you *didn't* try the gasoline trick.

Only the vapors ignite and I'm not so sure how many vapors you'd have on ice. tongue.gif Plus, *if* you got it to ignite, as the ice melted, you'd end up with something akin to napalm in that the gas would start to spread around in the water and you'd probably be hard-pressed to contain the fire where you wanted it.

Then again, if your ultimate goal is to flambee the neighbor's mailbox... ;)

As to the weather...matters not to me. I don't work outside of the home so it can snow me in with my gas stove, my gas heat and my cans of soup. tongue.gif

Good thing you *didn't* try the gasoline trick.

Only the vapors ignite and I'm not so sure how many vapors you'd have on ice. tongue.gif Plus, *if* you got it to ignite, as the ice melted, you'd end up with something akin to napalm in that the gas would start to spread around in the water and you'd probably be hard-pressed to contain the fire where you wanted it.

Then again, if your ultimate goal is to flambee the neighbor's mailbox... ;)

As to the weather...matters not to me. I don't work outside of the home so it can snow me in with my gas stove, my gas heat and my cans of soup. tongue.gif

Hmmmm, Dave. Bull****! Or more precisely, do you have any lawn fertilizer left over? I seem to remember that will melt ice better than ordinary rock salt. It should eat it's way down to the driveway, won't hurt it, and should soften up the ice a bit so you can shovel it.

We had to use fertilizer to de-ice the rr tracks years ago when we couldn't get salt at the plant I worked in...

Hmmmm, Dave. Bull****! Or more precisely, do you have any lawn fertilizer left over? I seem to remember that will melt ice better than ordinary rock salt. It should eat it's way down to the driveway, won't hurt it, and should soften up the ice a bit so you can shovel it.

We had to use fertilizer to de-ice the rr tracks years ago when we couldn't get salt at the plant I worked in...

Salt is bad for concrete. If your driveway is concrete and you are fond of it, be careful. The salt disolves in the water and gets absorbed into the concrete. Then when the whole mess dries out, salt crystals form inside the concrete and pry the surface loose layer by layer. I got to watch this process up close several years ago on the sidewalks here at the apartment. After the management had new sidewalks laid down, they invested in some non-salt deicer. I've heard that whey can be used for that.

Another bad thing about salt is that where it runs off into your lawn, it kills the grass and anything else you may have growing there.

Michael

Salt is bad for concrete. If your driveway is concrete and you are fond of it, be careful. The salt disolves in the water and gets absorbed into the concrete. Then when the whole mess dries out, salt crystals form inside the concrete and pry the surface loose layer by layer. I got to watch this process up close several years ago on the sidewalks here at the apartment. After the management had new sidewalks laid down, they invested in some non-salt deicer. I've heard that whey can be used for that.

Another bad thing about salt is that where it runs off into your lawn, it kills the grass and anything else you may have growing there.

Michael