The new and improved Cheery Waffle Thread. Now with more raw sewage and evictions!

_Axe_

You safe and snug Dave Hoosier?

Crews hope to re-open a 25-mile section of Interstate 64 near Evansville, Indiana, today. It's been closed due to a storm that's been wreaking havoc on a wide swath of the country.

More than 100 people were stranded on the highway Wednesday night and the state had to call in the National Guard to rescue them.

Hundreds of thousands of people remain without power in Ohio, where the wintry mix has caused at least six deaths.

At least five people have been killed digging out their cars or shoveling snow in Michigan. Up to ten inches of snow has fallen in some spots, and temperatures have fallen to as low as 17 degrees below zero.

Icy roads also have caused at least two fatal accidents in Texas, and police in Arkansas are urging drivers to take it slow and give themselves plenty of room to stop.

"I was scared, wondering about the kids. How was I going to feed them?" said Mary Craddock, a 28-year-old waitress from Hartford, Kentucky, who was stranded on the interstate in Evansville, Indiana.

Paducah, Kentucky, received 14 inches of snow, topping the yearly average of 10 inches and doubling its previous one-day record. In some parts of south-central Kentucky, the ice was 2 to 4 inches thick.

"This is a storm you might see two or three of these in your adult life," said David Humphrey, a National Weather Service meteorologist in Paducah.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by mike_the_wino:

[]More like 'Mace never thinks' :mad: :mad: :mad:

Mace think it time to wish everyone here a Merry Christmas.

May you all get truckloads of molten TNT (that hopefully detonates when you pick it up)!

btw I have to go track down Santa. I asked for a Kitty under the tree and all I got was black coal!

GHGAHGAHGHAGAHG HAGHAGHGAHGAHAGH GHAGHAGHAGHAGHAGHAG :mad: :mad: :mad:

Mace

Originally posted by mike_the_wino:

[]More like 'Mace never thinks' :mad: :mad: :mad:

Mace think it time to wish everyone here a Merry Christmas.

May you all get truckloads of molten TNT (that hopefully detonates when you pick it up)!

btw I have to go track down Santa. I asked for a Kitty under the tree and all I got was black coal!

GHGAHGAHGHAGAHG HAGHAGHGAHGAHAGH GHAGHAGHAGHAGHAGHAG :mad: :mad: :mad:

Mace

<font size=6 font color=red>Merry Christmas </font color=red><font size=6 font color=green>, Cheery Wafflers!!!</font size=6 font color=green>

Man I hate UBB. :mad: :mad:

Here's to peace in the new year in the real world and more death and destruction in my PBEMs, hopefully to only my opponents. :mad: :mad:

<font size=6 font color=red>Merry Christmas </font color=red><font size=6 font color=green>, Cheery Wafflers!!!</font size=6 font color=green>

Man I hate UBB. :mad: :mad:

Here's to peace in the new year in the real world and more death and destruction in my PBEMs, hopefully to only my opponents. :mad: :mad:

<font size=5 font color=red>Merry Christmas!!!</font>

Special thanks to Mace for his wonderful Christmas message. Christmas trees will never look the same after seeing that picture! :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Axe2121:

Yes, Becky and I are safe and snug at home. It's a good thing, because the snow and sleet from Wednesday and Thursday have compressed into about a foot of solid ice covering the driveway. The snowshovel only makes little nicks in it. Since the driveway is on the north side of the house, the snow drifted there and it stays in the shadows all day. Our temperature today has already zoomed up from 0 degrees to 19 degrees. If only I had a flamethrower, we'd be in business. :D:D:D

Any ice-removal suggestions that won't leave a big hole where my driveway and garage used to be? I'll bet if I announced there was free beer hidden under the ice I'd have planeloads of Australians arriving here in no time. :D:D

<font size=5 font color=red>Merry Christmas!!!</font>

Special thanks to Mace for his wonderful Christmas message. Christmas trees will never look the same after seeing that picture! :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Axe2121:

Yes, Becky and I are safe and snug at home. It's a good thing, because the snow and sleet from Wednesday and Thursday have compressed into about a foot of solid ice covering the driveway. The snowshovel only makes little nicks in it. Since the driveway is on the north side of the house, the snow drifted there and it stays in the shadows all day. Our temperature today has already zoomed up from 0 degrees to 19 degrees. If only I had a flamethrower, we'd be in business. :D:D:D

Any ice-removal suggestions that won't leave a big hole where my driveway and garage used to be? I'll bet if I announced there was free beer hidden under the ice I'd have planeloads of Australians arriving here in no time. :D:D

Originally posted by Dave H:

If it came to a big hole and no garage or Oddstralians.....I would have to go with the no garage option.

If it came to a big hole and no garage or Oddstralians.....I would have to go with the no garage option.

It was 22 degrees celsius (about 76 degrees fahrenheit) yesterday, more of the same today.

And NO SNOW!

Very mild for this time of year.

I just thought I'd share that with those trapped indoors due to excessive snow falls and low temperatures. :D :mad: :mad:

Mace

It was 22 degrees celsius (about 76 degrees fahrenheit) yesterday, more of the same today.

And NO SNOW!

Very mild for this time of year.

I just thought I'd share that with those trapped indoors due to excessive snow falls and low temperatures. :D :mad: :mad:

Mace

...the snow and sleet from Wednesday and Thursday have compressed into about a foot of solid ice covering the driveway. The snowshovel only makes little nicks in it. Since the driveway is on the north side of the house, the snow drifted there and it stays in the shadows all day. Our temperature today has already zoomed up from 0 degrees to 19 degrees. If only I had a flamethrower, we'd be in business.

Any ice-removal suggestions that won't leave a big hole where my driveway and garage used to be?

Hmmm, I guess TNT is out then, hunh? How about jack hammers? The sound of a jack hammer ought to be just the thing to get your neighborhood into the proper Christmas spirit.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Michael

...the snow and sleet from Wednesday and Thursday have compressed into about a foot of solid ice covering the driveway. The snowshovel only makes little nicks in it. Since the driveway is on the north side of the house, the snow drifted there and it stays in the shadows all day. Our temperature today has already zoomed up from 0 degrees to 19 degrees. If only I had a flamethrower, we'd be in business.

Any ice-removal suggestions that won't leave a big hole where my driveway and garage used to be?

Hmmm, I guess TNT is out then, hunh? How about jack hammers? The sound of a jack hammer ought to be just the thing to get your neighborhood into the proper Christmas spirit.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Michael

Try finding somebody to deliver a jackhammer on Christmas Day sometime. GRRRRRRRRRR!!

Mace, if you're trying to turn me into your very own personal stalker, you are certainly going about it in the right way. Sorry to hear the weather was so chilly down your way. I figured it would be a typical summer day at about 120 degrees F down under.

Sorry for the lack of my own smileys, but someone used up the smiley quota. GRRRR!!

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Michael

Try finding somebody to deliver a jackhammer on Christmas Day sometime. GRRRRRRRRRR!!

Mace, if you're trying to turn me into your very own personal stalker, you are certainly going about it in the right way. Sorry to hear the weather was so chilly down your way. I figured it would be a typical summer day at about 120 degrees F down under.

Sorry for the lack of my own smileys, but someone used up the smiley quota. GRRRR!!