Shockwaves for BB and AK?

Sanok

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

I wonder if people will ask for CM1 graphics, when CMX comes out...

Without the shockwaves it is very hard to see small-caliber artillery falling.

It would be really cool if CM2 mods would be allowed to request engine help. For example, flip a certain bit in a muzzle flash mod and that requests that this mod should come with a shockwave.

Hm we could put pixel shader programs into BMP comments...

Does anybody else look for that single "spotting round" of artillery that drops up to 1 min out from the main artillery strike? I look for it so that I can make a quick adjustment at that time instead of blowing through 60 seconds of a strike that is off the mark. It often takes several replays of a turn to find that round, especially if it is way off mark. The shockwave would sure be nice in this case at least. Or perhaps a colored spotting round (smoke).

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

Wasn't there a mod that made explosions look bigger or more spectacular? I can't think of it right now, maybe someone else knows the name.

Yes but you cannot change the size. The 81mm and 3" mortar hits are just too small (or even have no explosions textures at all).

Originally posted by Redwolf:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by stikkypixie:

Wasn't there a mod that made explosions look bigger or more spectacular? I can't think of it right now, maybe someone else knows the name.

Yes but you cannot change the size. The 81mm and 3" mortar hits are just too small (or even have no explosions textures at all). </font>

Originally posted by Wicky:

You can't mod the shock wave as it was a hardcoded effect in CMBO and was eliminated in BB & AK. Explosions (& gun firing) graphics can and have been tinkered with.

Yes, I realize the shockwaves were hardcoded. That's why I was asking if any of the talented artists out there could attempt creating shockwaves themselves.

try a search for shockwave

and here

and here also

Originally posted by Sanok:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Wicky:

You can't mod the shock wave as it was a hardcoded effect in CMBO and was eliminated in BB & AK. Explosions (& gun firing) graphics can and have been tinkered with.

Yes, I realize the shockwaves were hardcoded. That's why I was asking if any of the talented artists out there could attempt creating shockwaves themselves. </font>