Afrika Korps Australian Relese Date

Blue Streak, Battlefront.com is not releasing games into retail normally, but instead we choose to sell them directly from our website here by mail-order. This guarantees that the developers (in this case us) of a game get 100% of the money from your purchase. Normally 90% of it is "lost" to retailers, wholesalers and distributors.

If we ever release CMAK into Australian stores (or US stores, or pretty much any other stores except in Europe) is a question I cannot answer currently. CMBB is not available (legally) in Australian stores yet, only CMBO has been released there as a Special Retail Edition last year.

Martin

You know, if you guys ever release CMAK in Australia, you should step up the marketing. Hardly anyone here knows about it. But then again, maybe you guys did put a lot into it.

For CMBO SE, I found the lack of market exposure dissapointing. I understand that CM series is not everyone's pieve of cake, but the only copy I saw was a half ripped one at the local EB store, relegated to some corner. I asked the assistant about CM, pretending to not know a single thing about it, and he really had NFI underneath all the crap talk he gave me.

:(

Masta_KFC - the game appeared in stores in Australia 3 years after its release by us. No wonder that our distribution partner, Manaccom, didn't put a lot of money into advertising. Under normal circumstances however, if we were not an internet direct-publisher, the game would not be around at all anymore. Three years is an eternity in today's software market, so consider us happy smile.gif

We are, and will remain, and internet-only publisher by principle. With exceptions. Not the other way around.

Martin

Yeah. You better take a look at the payment options page and then contact the sales. Using an international money order or such is costlier than using a credit card, though, so if you can persuade a friend to do the ordering for you, you might save a long penny in bank costs.

To Blue Streak and my dear fellow aussies,

try a nice little company based in Victoria called [DELETED]. I ordered my copy (CDV version) about a month ago, slipped in an extra $5 for express post and was choking on the North African dust the next day.They might still have some in stock.

You can find them and order at

[DELETED]

Cheers

Monsieur Pinke ;)

smile.gif

[MOON: Sorry, I had to edit your post and remove the links. These copies should not be there as the CDV versions come with a European license only. Not your fault, possibly not even the other company's fault, but at the same time we have to remove the links or it might appear that we support this, and we don't. The only "legal" copy of CMAK (or CMBB) to obtain for the Australian market is from us directly.]

[ May 14, 2004, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: Moon ]

Blue Streak et al

Got to endorse all said above.

Buy it online via a friends credit card if you have too. : ) I got my copy of BB last year within a week. Very happy camper here.

And I too saw a copy of CMBO in a shop here at Northland, Victoria. The box was ****ty and beat up and was wedged in among the dross. Given it's such an ace game, I'd hoped/ expected to at least see the whole box exposed for a while. Still, I'm in my 30s and I expect 90% of the customers don't muster half of that - and prefer FPSs if they do mil' stuff at all.

I bought CMBO special edition from EB. When I got home I found there was no CD in the box! I returned it and explained it to them. They refunded my money but were looking at me like I was ripping them off. Funny thing is it wasn't the first time I had bought a game from them with no CD in the box.

I'm interested in buying CMBB online but whats the deal with foreign currency exchange rate? I'm in Australia.

I didn't realise you only did internet sales- and if it hadn't been for CDV I probably would have been blissfully unaware for several months.

I take back my rants against censorship.

*sheepish look*

Good for BFC- you guys do the legwork, you should get the profit.

Hello Aussies, don't worry this pom is just passin' thru. ;)

Originally posted by Big Jim:

Hello Aussies, don't worry this pom is just passin' thru. ;)

That’s what Cook said in 1770!

I must endorse previous posters comments.

Ordering it over the web has been fine for me. If you can get a couple of friends together and order a few items, the postage per item plummets.

Carpe Diem while the exchange rate is where it is!

[ May 17, 2004, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: gibsonm ]

I've purchased all of the CM games over the years VIA the internet with a CC card. All of the purchases arrived (Melbourne) in a timely manner and in good condition. I also got the CMAK companion book a few weeks ago and its a most enjoyable read. If you havnt ordered yet grab the double pack with the book and CMAK game.

Wubbits

Normally I would require, nay, demand that Australia undergo a complete embargo of all Combat Mission products as just punishment for being a gang of pointless, primitive pouched mammals with a made up language and a vicious unwillingness to export their export quality beers.

But if I did, then they wouldn't have the means by which I might humiliate, rend, and crush each and every one of them.

So I guess sales should continue.

Spindry69: I don't know the Aussie exchange rate now, but back a while it was quite high, so it was the perfect time for ordering stuff online. Like what Moon said, you should order it directly from BFC. They're fast, reliable and all the profits go to them, not some middleman. And you're getting a stellar game for a fraction of what other trashy games charge normally (approx $90~100 AUD).

Seanachai: I resent that!! Come, let us have a game, so I may defeat you and uphold Aussie Pride!! :D

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Normally I would require, nay, demand that Australia undergo a complete embargo of all Combat Mission products as just punishment for being a gang of pointless, primitive pouched mammals with a made up language and a vicious unwillingness to export their export quality beers.

We do export our 'export quality beers'.. except that in Australian export quality is whatever's left after we've taken the good stuff for ourselves.

Originally posted by Heliotic:

We do export our 'export quality beers'.. except that in Australian export quality is whatever's left after we've taken the good stuff for ourselves.

You bastards.

Look down upon me, oh you gods, and never question why I have dedicated my life to destroying these selfish pillocks as a people...

Seanachai foolishly gushed out ...

You bastards.

Look down upon me, oh you gods, and never question why I have dedicated my life to destroying these selfish pillocks as a people...

Thereby dedicating himself to forever eradicating the source of all that excellent export quality beer that we won't send him. Wise move, son.

Why don't you just pop down to the Aussie embassy and fill out a migrant application form? I'm sure we could find work for you as a speed hump, then you could drink all the beer you need. We have sunshine and warmth, too, vital ingredients in keeping a thirst insatiable.

Originally posted by Spindry69:

I'm interested in buying CMBB online but whats the deal with foreign currency exchange rate? I'm in Australia.

There shouldn't be any deal, it should all happen automatic in theory: when you place an order, on your end, the exchange rate which your bank (that issued the card) has down for the day of transaction will be applied to get us the correct US$ amount. The AU$ amount is debited from your account. Simple as that.

Martin

Originally posted by Moon:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Spindry69:

There shouldn't be any deal, it should all happen automatic in theory: when you place an order, on your end, the exchange rate which your bank (that issued the card) has down for the day of transaction will be applied to get us the correct US$ amount. The AU$ amount is debited from your account. Simple as that.

Martin </font>