Expressions of interest sought...

Thanks for sending the stuff out. I did not get a chance to examine it in detail, but I did take a glance and it looks awesome.

I hope you were not trying to send it on a dialup connection!

WWB

PS: If anyone was wondering, the maps look to be from the British Ordinance Survey, very nice set of maps that they are.

Originally posted by melb_will:

I'm very interested smile.gif

If no progress has been made on the website front. My email address in in my profile. Should be no probs size wise. Out of interest where did you dig it up from?

Will

Aha! I can answer both parts to this:

1st, SirReal has kindly offered to host the files in question (to save me hours e-mailing). The files are in 2 parts, 3.6Mb and 4.5Mb respectively. They are compressed in RAR format and can be found here: 9th Australia Div El Alamein Report 1942 pt1 and here: 9th Australia Div El Alamein Report 1942 pt2

2nd, I found the report in the Australian Defence Force Academy Library. I was looking for books on Aussies in Nth Africa and found it by chance. I'm planning to head back to the library this week to try and find more gold! smile.gif

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Why, are you proposing to me?

I'm at home, lad. It's not like I run out to some public internet connection at a bar, like the Aussie's have to.

Hmm, obviously a subtle hint to bugger off back to the 4 Horsemen thread is not enough for someone so dimwitted such as yourself....

BTW, I can ignore the Aussie-bashing, but why do so many of your posts have homo-erotic overtones?

Originally posted by ozi_digger:

BTW, I can ignore the Aussie-bashing, but why do so many of your posts have homo-erotic overtones?

Goodness! Have you sat down and examined why you think they do?

Don't project, lad. It's all very straight-forward, unless your own issues have muddled the trail.

And why are you ignoring the Aussie-bashing? What does it take to get through to you primitive pouched mammals? Some form of simple, English/International Symbol system of Aussie abuse?

There may be a market there, one never knows...

Hmm, obviously a subtle hint to bugger off back to the 4 Horsemen thread is not enough for someone so dimwitted such as yourself....

Who rattled your cage?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you not the same ozi_digger who posted in the latest Peng Thread more or less calling out Seanachai ?

I suggest that if you intend to run with the pack then you should at the very least expect the wolves to be playful.....

Originally posted by YK2:

Who rattled your cage?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you not the same ozi_digger who posted in the latest Peng Thread more or less calling out Seanachai ?

I suggest that if you intend to run with the pack then you should at the very least expect the wolves to be playful.....

Yes, you are right, perhaps I am being a tad oversensitive... redface.gif

However , I do believe there is a time and place for everything and I was merely trying to imply that this thread is possibly not the one for hi-jinx... :confused:

If I may add, if you refer to the Four Horsemen thread, you will find that I have reserved the right to act like a vicious pet.... ;)

From now on, I promise I shall smile sweetly when Seanachai comes to visit :D

Yes, you are right, perhaps I am being a tad oversensitive... redface.gif

PMT Time? :rolleyes:

However , I do believe there is a time and place for everything and I was merely trying to imply that this thread is possibly not the one for hi-jinx... :confused:
Point taken, but we are talking about someone who put the Hi in jinx tongue.gif

No need to be quite so drastic... We wouldn't want him to think you were some kind of Homo erotic now would we? ;)

Dear God...that was almost like an apology.

Witness now the power of the Ladies of the 'Pool!

sniffle

An apology. After all this time, and me an annoying World Class swine.

I'm going off to have a good cry, that I am. No, everyone else stay seated, and discuss this very intriguing and helpful topic.

I'm going to go re-evaluate the entire course of my life.

I'll probably still be an annoying pillock, but I enjoy going over some of the more amusing bits, like the whole Cabron thing.

Carry on.

Don't you have a home to go to Seanachi?

He does.

But he keeps wandering off, requiring the staff to call for the police to help locate him and bring him back.

Hopefully they catch him before he starts rocking the roofs, or smashing the windows, of any aussies living in town.

However, people are willing to put up with him because he does look so cute standing in their front lawn, what with this little pointy red hat and fishing rod.

MAce

[ October 31, 2003, 04:45 AM: Message edited by: Mace ]