CMBO CMBB CMAK...........

are revolutionary games, and I was very happy to play with them, but some oddities as :[ elite tank team is killed before to fire one single shoot,(CMBO) Infantry cannot cross field without panic

(CMBB)some british tanks are invulnerable against italian or german tanks (CMAK)]dont give me the same taste in the beginning when I have discover the first game after playing beta demo in 2000 2001. I dont Know if many people have the same feeling about the CM games ? Now I wish for the new CMX2 a very playable game historic as before but more playable with different levels. How do you think about my request ? Pat.

Originally posted by Pud:

Poke me in the eye and call me blind but which brit tanks are invulnerable? I have to get me some on my next game....

If I'm playing Axis side, Matilda's and also Grant and Lee are very difficult to knock out with PzIII's and PzIV's, remember you the scenario demo.....Pat

Thats what you get for playing early war battles. To defeat them use guns such as using 88mm flaks and flanking moves. Either that or use captured Matilda's and watch them bounc shells off each other till someones gun it ko'd and immobilized forcing them to bailout. :D

Also Pz.IVs are able to take out M3's of both types easly if done right. Use Pz.III's to draw them out and use Pz.IVs to take them out from the flanks.

Most complaints of this sort come from folks viewing CM as a computer game - emphasis on GAME. Game's not balanced, game's unevenly paced, etc. Which is true in the context of a 'game'. The satisfaction from playing CM comes when you instead think of it as a SIMULATION. Matilda really WAS that tough to deal with. Covering open ground against mgs really WAS that difficult. Maneuvering your forces out of LOS in order to attack really WAS that time consuming.

I'm stuck with OSX at work so am reduced to playing the occassional 'Medal of Honor' game during slow days. It's a nice game, but it couldn't be said to really 'simulate' WWII in any way, shape, or form.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The AI is good? It does the soul good to have your arse kicked once in a while, especially when you're learning the ropes.

I recommend giving yourself more stuff or, come to think of it, drop the computer's experience level. You can make that negative can't you?

The actual unit properties and certain mechanics are rather key to the game/simulation. Remove them (eg the infantry covering open ground) and you'll never learn the ways around them.

Originally posted by flamingknives:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> elite tank team is killed before to fire one single shoot

Michael Wittman's vaunted crack Tiger Cadre was destroyed by a single Sherman Firefly with a crew who had fired less than a dozen main gun rounds, and those not in combat.

Odd things happen. </font>

The Wittman thing's gone round and round for years (decades?) but word on the street is that the green Canadan tank crew killing him has got the best documentation. You would not believe how very much better documented the events of WWII are in 2004 than they were back around 1975. And a lot of the Wittman 'legend' among hobbyists does harken back to the mid-70s.

I dont know by who M.Wittman has been killed, canadian tank or typhoon, but I remember the last year when I have been in Normandy, a story about him tell there is always flowers on his grave at "La Cambe, but nobody know and nobody have seen who does that, maybe a mystery lady ? Pat.

Yes Wittman was a great tank commander, the reason being the little thing called a tiger made him great. Although he had panzers to start with. Now put the same man in a sherman and what have we got then?? One thing being a good commander the other thing is if they cant kill you your going to be i think?

The casualties suffered by infantry attacking over open ground is overmodelled in CMAK, no doubt.

Such attacks were the norm in NA and the attacking infantry often succeeded with moderate casualties. And that may have been over several hours action, not the relatively short times often involved here.

In CMBO the Sherman/M10 76mm w/o APCR ammo needs to be fairly close to penetrate the Panthers turret. That has changed in CMAK the 76mm can penetrate the Panthers turret at shorter ranges and partial penetrate at longer ranges with a knock out result.

Originally posted by Spears:

Yes Wittman was a great tank commander, the reason being the little thing called a tiger made him great. Although he had panzers to start with. Now put the same man in a sherman and what have we got then?? One thing being a good commander the other thing is if they cant kill you your going to be i think?

Didn't Wittmann get most of his kills as a Stug III commander in Russia?

Till Mid 1943 that was what he served in StuGs so, a good number of them would have been. He started out in a SKf 232 IIRC in Poland, then became a StuG IIIB commander after that. I would think that he commanded StuG IIIF's or IIIG's before he was given a Tiger.