**NEW Brit M10 and 17 pdr Achilles Mods!!**

You weren’t supposed to get these for awhile:

•British M10 S.P. 17 pdr “Achilles” TD

•British M10 3” gun TD

At our favorite site of course:

www.cmmods.com

Funny how much mod work can get done when it rains twelve inches over the weekend!

I had fun thoroughly Britishizing the M10 for CMAK. For my Brit M10 I matched a combat photo and stowed a few... um... tent poles let’s call ‘em between the hull and empty grouser racks. Makes for a nice 3-D effect. For the Achilles I provided the option of either a ‘purpose-built’ Achilles hull side which lacks mounting bosses for extra armor, or a standard hull with bosses representing a converted M10. I’m pleased with how these mods came out.

Oh, and by the way, after I did the screenshots I went back and repainted the 17 pdr breech black - might as well go for historical accuracy!

Screenshots:

BritM10.jpg

Achilles.jpg

Originally posted by MikeyD:

...you might just see a LOT of mods coming from me.

Well, I wasn't gonna bring it up, but since you did. ;) Besides praying for rain, I've also been praying for a MikeyD razzle-dazzle-overhaul Brummbar mod for our CMAK-BB games. Is there any snowballs chance in hell of this happening? I know I've mentioned it before. redface.gif

P.S. I know once a mod request is thrown at you it's usually followed by several more. Sorry for starting it.

An interesting factoid. There seems to be scant (to no) documentation that the name "Wolverine" was ever the Brit M10's name in combat. Even more surprising, the commonly known name "Achilles" isn't well supported either! I understand that most contemporary documents simply refer to 'M10, S.P. 17 pdr'. If the name was used at all it wasn't universal, some old veterans who operated the equipment had never heard the name!

One theory is that the names came into 'official' use either just before or immediately after the end of hostilities. Good old Crow & Icks in the early 70s got hold of some post-war documentation with the names and ran with it.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

An interesting factoid. There seems to be scant (to no) documentation that the name "Wolverine" was ever the Brit M10's name in combat. Even more surprising, the commonly known name "Achilles" isn't well supported either! I understand that most contemporary documents simply refer to 'M10, S.P. 17 pdr'. If the name was used at all it wasn't universal, some old veterans who operated the equipment had never heard the name!

One theory is that the names came into 'official' use either just before or immediately after the end of hostilities. Good old Crow & Icks in the early 70s got hold of some post-war documentation with the names and ran with it.

That's quite surprising given the British penchant for naming everything.