New Battle of the Bulge Scenarios on SD

Originally posted by Gurra:

Just finished Never Known against Allied AI and I must say it played really well. I love those small well thought out scenarios. I´m looking forward to more releases.

I seem to have missed your review on it... :(

Must be in the process of being posted to the site... :D Glad you liked it. There are several others already on the SD in the pack with more to come.

Panther Commander

O.k., I know this question is old, but I do not get it:

Are there bmp.numbers for snow-covered trees (pines and woods), and if yes, what numbers?

I think it is essential for late bulge scenarios to have some snow-covered trees or to have trees without leaves.

btw i renumbered the tbm bare trees and made a new bmp from a tree and brush. let me know if you want a copy. i use ed's cmbb trees but you need to renumber them.

go into the editor, set to dec 44, italy, dirt. mud, cold. make a random map. you will have bare trees, pines with no snow. now change to light snow, cold, preview again. now snow and frozen.

water changes too. even with no snow on the ground, frozen will make water you can walk on. snow and cold = liquid.

i think this is correct.

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

Hi

Are there any scenarios with the Sanitorium in them?

thanks

-tom w

Not that I know of but there are four designers doing the pack and I haven't seen all the entries yet. Since we don't release them all at once there can be late entries. IF you don't see it let me know. I'm sure if it is a worthwhile battle someone will do it for you.

Panther Commander

OK

there was a GREAT CMBO scenario with the Sanitorium in it

I think it was called "The Sanitorium"

(or not?)

but was the one where the German try to take the area around the infamous sanitorium but I don't recall which town or village it was in or which was close by.

Was there not a post some time ago where someone had claimed to have map a VERY detailed CMAK map of the entire AREA of the the Battle of the Bulge and when I read that I had assumed THAT map would have the Sanitorium on it.

thanks

tom w

Originally posted by Panther Commander:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

Hi

Are there any scenarios with the Sanitorium in them?

thanks

-tom w

Not that I know of but there are four designers doing the pack and I haven't seen all the entries yet. Since we don't release them all at once there can be late entries. IF you don't see it let me know. I'm sure if it is a worthwhile battle someone will do it for you.

Panther Commander </font>

this is the post I was looking for

has this map been released??

thanks

tom e

"McAuliffe

Member # 2021

posted June 03, 2004 02:34 PM                          

Hi,

It happens, that I just designed a huge CMAK operation map - for those that know the area- stretching out from the east (Borgoumont) to the west (Targnon), over 4 km, based on a topographic 1:25.000 scale map.

In the south, it includes the village of Cheneux, scene of dramatic close combat fighting during the attack of the 82nd. paratroopers.

I am trying now to figure out how you can set up playable game against the AI on such a map.

I was studying the order of battle in the various stages of the battle for the pocket of La Gleize-Stoumont and used the local museum brochure as a source. 7 KT's were left behind in La Gleize. None of them were found in Stoumont.

From what I have read and saw on pictures, some of them were active during the battle for the Sanatorium of Stoumont giving support from the hamlet of Roua, just north-east of Stoumont. Apparently, they were able to make it back to the center of La Gleize. A couple of the abandonned KT's were found on the acces roads via Borgoumont and on the highway leading up to the village of La Gleize. 2 were defending the farm of Werimont (south of La Gleize) One of these -commanded by Döllinger- was later recovered and placed on the market square. Other KT's were destroyed or abandonned during the attack on Stavelot and on the road between Stavelot and Trois-Ponts. Although many sources, say that 45 KT's started the campaign, I hardly can believe that and tend to stick to the number of 14 as stated above.

BTW, Is there anyone anyone that wants to try to test play the operation map? Unfortunately, I had to replace the KT's by the 'ordinary' ones. "

I think Eric is still working on his operation.

In scale I think it will replicate 'To the Volga'.

If you wish to test his Op I would email him through these pages...

BTW, B&T have an operation coming out in the next few days dealing with the action at Cheneux.

Stay tuned!

Hi

who is Eric and where does he post?

or what web site or mod site or scenario site is he affiliated with?

Thanks

-tom w

Originally posted by Richie:

I think Eric is still working on his operation.

In scale I think it will replicate 'To the Volga'.

If you wish to test his Op I would email him through these pages...

BTW, B&T have an operation coming out in the next few days dealing with the action at Cheneux.

Stay tuned!

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, I had to dig up my password in order to log in again under same handle.

BTW. Thanks for the nice comments. I picked up indeed CMAK and I am working on some scenarios regarding the La Gleize - Stoumont Pocket and Stavelot Bridge.

Unfortunately, I am too short on free time to test them out. So I will probably just release some maps to the community. Most of you know more about historical OoB's then I do anyway.

On the other hand CMAK allows you to import maps into the QB generator. This way, it leaves you the option to play smaller sized battles on historical maps, with your own choice of arms, if you prefer.

If you check out the Scenario Talk forum, please have look at the wonderful invention of Pyewacket

This add-on will allow you to transform any interesting CMBO map into a CMAK scenario map or operation.

I am sure, I will transform a couple of my CMBO scenarios and maps. If anyone interested, I will send some work in progress by e-mail.

Thanks

posted by Kingfish:

You will not find a more accurate Bulge map than Eric's, be it in CMBO or CMAK.

--------------------

Kingfish, (and others ;) ) if you have the time, download my HSG B Twin Villages Op (CMAK), Rollbahn A (CMBO) or my HSG B Fighting Withdrawal (CMAK) battle. They are painstakingly accurate using autocad imaging and gridding transpositions. (just like Erics Map making tutorial) I used 1:25000 topo from the time period, at 5m contour intervals. Being a Civil Engineer and Land Surveyor makes me a bit anal about terrain modelling and accuracy smile.gif

I do wish there were more maps like Eric's out there.

Cheers,

OK

I am still hoping this map (noted below) will be released soon

smile.gif

its sounds like a WINNER for sure!

thanks

-tom w

"McAuliffe

Member # 2021

posted June 03, 2004 02:34 PM                          

Hi,

It happens, that I just designed a huge CMAK operation map - for those that know the area- stretching out from the east (Borgoumont) to the west (Targnon), over 4 km, based on a topographic 1:25.000 scale map.

In the south, it includes the village of Cheneux, scene of dramatic close combat fighting during the attack of the 82nd. paratroopers.

I am trying now to figure out how you can set up playable game against the AI on such a map.

I was studying the order of battle in the various stages of the battle for the pocket of La Gleize-Stoumont and used the local museum brochure as a source. 7 KT's were left behind in La Gleize. None of them were found in Stoumont.

From what I have read and saw on pictures, some of them were active during the battle for the Sanatorium of Stoumont giving support from the hamlet of Roua, just north-east of Stoumont. Apparently, they were able to make it back to the center of La Gleize. A couple of the abandonned KT's were found on the acces roads via Borgoumont and on the highway leading up to the village of La Gleize. 2 were defending the farm of Werimont (south of La Gleize) One of these -commanded by Döllinger- was later recovered and placed on the market square. Other KT's were destroyed or abandonned during the attack on Stavelot and on the road between Stavelot and Trois-Ponts. Although many sources, say that 45 KT's started the campaign, I hardly can believe that and tend to stick to the number of 14 as stated above.

BTW, Is there anyone anyone that wants to try to test play the operation map? Unfortunately, I had to replace the KT's by the 'ordinary' ones. "