There is no Peng Challenge thread, it is all in their sick minds I tell you

Originally posted by Leeo:

Were I to "come to my senses," I would canvass the assembled Kanniggets and hangers-on to run you out for shirking your duties to the game, your opponent, and the love of battle itself that drives this very thread. It is just a game, but the way one plays it; THAT is an art.

Ahh, young Leeo, I too remember the days when the cry of 'It's not winning or losing, but the TAUNT that's important!' wafted through fields filled with dead and dying Hirams, Shavians, Speedbumps, more Shavians, Geiers, and still more Shavians.

It is a sad state of affairs when one of the Justicar's own fails to cleave to this simple maxim. But, honestly, could we have hoped for anything more?

Steve

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Ahh, young Leeo...

What mind trick is this, you buffoonic barrister?

Young my arse! t was I who first ushered you into the ways of the MBT. And you call me young. Unless, of course, you mean "Young in countenance and virile in arms," in which case I may forgive your transgressions.

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Ahh, young Leeo...

What mind trick is this, you buffoonic barrister?

Young my arse! t was I who first ushered you into the ways of the MBT. And you call me young. Unless, of course, you mean "Young in countenance and virile in arms," in which case I may forgive your transgressions.

Originally posted by YK2:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Papa Khann:

... how about a jolly sing-song that places Focker back under his cabbage?

Papa

I wonder if this was ever a chart hit :rolleyes: I have no idea of the tune, so try whistling Dixie or somefink..

Bile Them Cabbage Down

.... jolly sing-song edited out for brevity....

Well Papa if that song doesn't have Gaylord running for cover back under his cabbage then nothing will.... </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Papa Khann:

... how about a jolly sing-song that places Focker back under his cabbage?

Papa

I wonder if this was ever a chart hit :rolleyes: I have no idea of the tune, so try whistling Dixie or somefink..

Bile Them Cabbage Down

.... jolly sing-song edited out for brevity....

Well Papa if that song doesn't have Gaylord running for cover back under his cabbage then nothing will.... </font>

okay, tossers, some singing:

To the tune of 'Ebony and Ivory'

Infantry and artillery

Will make Borscht of you tossers

Before turn three

So just send me a setup

if you dare b-battle meeeeeee ooh ye-eh-eah [switches to bridge of 'dancing queen']

He can writhe, he can scream, playing the Italiunzz

oooh, watch that Swede, splodey things, on the battlefield!

Anyone!

Setup!

Now!

[ April 22, 2003, 08:38 AM: Message edited by: CMplayer ]

okay, tossers, some singing:

To the tune of 'Ebony and Ivory'

Infantry and artillery

Will make Borscht of you tossers

Before turn three

So just send me a setup

if you dare b-battle meeeeeee ooh ye-eh-eah [switches to bridge of 'dancing queen']

He can writhe, he can scream, playing the Italiunzz

oooh, watch that Swede, splodey things, on the battlefield!

Anyone!

Setup!

Now!

[ April 22, 2003, 08:38 AM: Message edited by: CMplayer ]

Originally posted by PondScum:

Leutnant Hortland surrenders. Something about both his King Tigers being immobilized...

100-0 in 3 turns. Beat that, ya slackers.

Ooh, that's going to leave a mark. Two King Tigers? In three turns? To 45mm popguns?

To Pondscum's 45mm popguns?

For shame, Hortlund, for shame.

In other news, been a very busy weekend. Turns will go out late this evening. Even for MrSpkr.

BTW, I hate clogged injector ports on outboards.

Why does the g*ddamn wrench always have to fall off the back of the boat?

SSN Hint Of The Day: Assume that your place is next to the hostess.

Now sod off.

Originally posted by PondScum:

Leutnant Hortland surrenders. Something about both his King Tigers being immobilized...

100-0 in 3 turns. Beat that, ya slackers.

Ooh, that's going to leave a mark. Two King Tigers? In three turns? To 45mm popguns?

To Pondscum's 45mm popguns?

For shame, Hortlund, for shame.

In other news, been a very busy weekend. Turns will go out late this evening. Even for MrSpkr.

BTW, I hate clogged injector ports on outboards.

SSN Hint Of The Day: Assume that your place is next to the hostess.

Now sod off.

Originally posted by Lars:

The better question is why Lars didn't learn from past episodes and think to tie a string around the wrench and secure it to the boat...

You silly Minnisodoff.

[ April 22, 2003, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: Snarker ]

Originally posted by Lars:

The better question is why Lars didn't learn from past episodes and think to tie a string around the wrench and secure it to the boat...

You silly Minnisodoff.

[ April 22, 2003, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: Snarker ]

YOU WANT SOME TAUNTS, I'LL GIVE YOU SOME TAUNTS!!!

Well maybe just some Updates from the Front:

AussieJeff : Went from playing five games a day to one turn a week. Lord knows, perhaps losing all the time is finally sinking in; " hey Jeff, this is your EGO speaking, can't you find something to do that elevates me a little? Maybe you can volunteer for the local sheep shearing festival or something? This CM stuff is not good for you, take my advice.

Boo_Radley : My former Liege, though probably an upstanding member of his community and a fine family man, could not play an effective game of Combat Mission if his life depended on it. Even the act of attaching a ringing generator box to his privates and "reaching out" , cannot rouse him from the lethargy which seems to consume him.

Gaylord : Though capable of the most inane and sometimes funny Thread postings, cannot figure out that the Victory Locations are a GOOD THING, and that you are supposed to get them, not run away from them.

Leeo : Though he sacrifices his animated forces like a French General on the Somme, nothing he does is of tactically efficient value, other than sending his pixelated troops into "Cyber Heaven"

Must work now....to be continued.......

YOU WANT SOME TAUNTS, I'LL GIVE YOU SOME TAUNTS!!!

Well maybe just some Updates from the Front:

AussieJeff : Went from playing five games a day to one turn a week. Lord knows, perhaps losing all the time is finally sinking in; " hey Jeff, this is your EGO speaking, can't you find something to do that elevates me a little? Maybe you can volunteer for the local sheep shearing festival or something? This CM stuff is not good for you, take my advice.

Boo_Radley : My former Liege, though probably an upstanding member of his community and a fine family man, could not play an effective game of Combat Mission if his life depended on it. Even the act of attaching a ringing generator box to his privates and "reaching out" , cannot rouse him from the lethargy which seems to consume him.

Gaylord : Though capable of the most inane and sometimes funny Thread postings, cannot figure out that the Victory Locations are a GOOD THING, and that you are supposed to get them, not run away from them.

Leeo : Though he sacrifices his animated forces like a French General on the Somme, nothing he does is of tactically efficient value, other than sending his pixelated troops into "Cyber Heaven"

Must work now....to be continued.......

Originally posted by Papa Khann:

No matter which corner of depraved humanity you probe, you'll never find a more deserving bunch than exists right here.

You know Papa there is a lot of truth in what you say.

I have probed many places on the net looking for a forum to get me away from this one, but I always keep coming back.

I guess I have just become used to the people here. Their wit and sarcasm are second to none, and not many are afraid to laugh at themselves. I like that.....

I can honestly say, I don't think there is one single member on this forum that I would wish were not here. Of course sometimes I get pissed off when people get a little too up themselves and adopt the old.. 'I know better than you and I am always right approach..

But mostly you're a fantastic bunch of guys and you brighten up my day much more than any of you could ever realise....

Just a shame the 3 olde ones have gone into retirement, I miss them even if nobody else does..

So with that I offer you a sing song from the Bard himself.. complete with translation..

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,

And never brought to mind?

And auld lang syne?

CHORUS:

For auld lang syne, my dear,

For auld lang syne,

We'll tak a cup of kindness yet,

For auld lang syne!

And surely ye'll be your pint-stowp,

And surely I'll be mine,

And we'll tak a cup o kindness yet,

For auld lang syne!

We twa hae run about the braes,

And pou'd the gowans fine,

But we've wander'd monie a weary fit,

Sin auld lang syne.

We twa hae paidl'd in the burn

Frae morning sun till dine,

But seas between us braid hae roar'd

Sin auld lang syne.

And there's a hand my trusty fiere,

And gie's a hand o thine,

And we'll tak a right guid-willie waught,

For auld lang syne.......

Not quite OGSF style but this may help.

Auld lang syne literally means "old long ago". Better translation is perhaps "times gone by"

be... pay for

braes...hills

braid...broad

burn... stream

dine.. dinner/ evening time

fiere.. friend

fit... foot

gowans..daisies

guid-willie waught.. goodwill drink

monie.. many

morning sun.. noon

paidl't..paddled

pint-stowp...pint tankard

pou'd... pulled

twa.. two

Originally posted by Papa Khann:

No matter which corner of depraved humanity you probe, you'll never find a more deserving bunch than exists right here.

You know Papa there is a lot of truth in what you say.

I have probed many places on the net looking for a forum to get me away from this one, but I always keep coming back.

I guess I have just become used to the people here. Their wit and sarcasm are second to none, and not many are afraid to laugh at themselves. I like that.....

I can honestly say, I don't think there is one single member on this forum that I would wish were not here. Of course sometimes I get pissed off when people get a little too up themselves and adopt the old.. 'I know better than you and I am always right approach..

But mostly you're a fantastic bunch of guys and you brighten up my day much more than any of you could ever realise....

Just a shame the 3 olde ones have gone into retirement, I miss them even if nobody else does..

So with that I offer you a sing song from the Bard himself.. complete with translation..

And never brought to mind?

And auld lang syne?

CHORUS:

For auld lang syne, my dear,

For auld lang syne,

We'll tak a cup of kindness yet,

For auld lang syne!

And surely ye'll be your pint-stowp,

And surely I'll be mine,

And we'll tak a cup o kindness yet,

For auld lang syne!

We twa hae run about the braes,

And pou'd the gowans fine,

But we've wander'd monie a weary fit,

Sin auld lang syne.

We twa hae paidl'd in the burn

Frae morning sun till dine,

But seas between us braid hae roar'd

Sin auld lang syne.

And there's a hand my trusty fiere,

And gie's a hand o thine,

And we'll tak a right guid-willie waught,

For auld lang syne.......

Not quite OGSF style but this may help.

Auld lang syne literally means "old long ago". Better translation is perhaps "times gone by"

be... pay for

braes...hills

braid...broad

burn... stream

dine.. dinner/ evening time

fiere.. friend

fit... foot

gowans..daisies

guid-willie waught.. goodwill drink

monie.. many

morning sun.. noon

paidl't..paddled

pint-stowp...pint tankard

pou'd... pulled

twa.. two

The one thing I don't understand about the ladies of the pool is just that wargames are such a 'guy thing'. I don't get it.

The one thing I don't understand about the ladies of the pool is just that wargames are such a 'guy thing'. I don't get it.

Is it retirement, or regime change?

Indeed, the list grows long of those who used to frequent this trough of torpid torment, and whose musings, taunts, sing-songs, and rants are now merely spectral whisperings and hauntings of glories gone by.

I love it when a plan comes together!

Is it retirement, or regime change?

Indeed, the list grows long of those who used to frequent this trough of torpid torment, and whose musings, taunts, sing-songs, and rants are now merely spectral whisperings and hauntings of glories gone by.

I love it when a plan comes together!