Vehicles that need modding, any suggestions??

Unless I've missed something recently, here are some late (gelb) German vehicles that still need a good coat of whitewash. Some have been done as snowed-upon, but I'd still love to see a good winter coat/camo on them.

(all gelb:)

Lynx Pz IIL

Tiger Pz VIE late

Tiger Pz VIE

Panther Pz VG late

Panther Pz VG

Panther Pz VA

Pz IVH

Pz IVG late

Pz IVG

Originally posted by tracer:

So I was wondering if anyone out there had any request for a mod they would like to see done??

Well, there is one mod I would like to see. Or maybe a series of mods. I have been toying with the idea of trying it myself, but quickly realized it is well beyond my abilities.

I would like to see ambush camouflaged StuGIIIG's, JpzIV's and HT's. But not only painted that way, but with tree branches hanging on the sides.

If you have seen pictures of StuGs from Normandy you know what I mean. I had been thinking of taking tree branches from some tree mod and add them as a layer on top of a ambush camouflaged AFV.

Is that doable, or is it just too complicated or would it look ugly?

Originally posted by Martyr:

Unless I've missed something recently, here are some late (gelb) German vehicles that still need a good coat of whitewash. Some have been done as snowed-upon, but I'd still love to see a good winter coat/camo on them.

(all gelb:)

Lynx Pz IIL

Tiger Pz VIE late

Tiger Pz VIE

Panther Pz VG late

Panther Pz VG

Panther Pz VA

Pz IVH

Pz IVG late

Pz IVG

Exactly the same ! :D

Originally posted by MrNoobie:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Andreas:

Late war Soviet ISU-122 and ISU-152 with air-recognition stripes on the side and the top of the turret?

?? check the CMMOS theres a striped version of the ISU-152. </font>

I would be interested in from-scratch, mono color mods for these tanks:

IS-2 (the in-game version is not very detailed considering how important this tank was)

Tiger I/Tiger I Late

Stug IIIG/StuH42 all versions

**JagdPanther**

If I can get my hands on something mono-colored...well then the possibilities are endless.

Zimorodok

[ May 14, 2003, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: Zimorodok ]

Originally posted by tracer:

Your wish is my command, check the database, it's uploaded there for you. I already had modded this one to match some of the other Pzs I had been using. I thought I had already uploaded it to the data base, it's thee now though.

Thank you sir...Looks great as usual. Maybe the PzIIIn late will be next... smile.gif

Lt Hortland,

I have been trying to do just what your asking for a while now. MikeyD, I think, a while back sent me some BMPs of a mod he was trying to do, a Finn Stug mod where they used logs on the side for extra armor. The problem I have come across is that I can put the branches and leaves on the Pz, but due to the 3d effect it looks "flat". I will go ahead and post a Pz mod with foliage as camo and see what people think, they might like it. I try to get it as perfect as I can and maybe that's my problem. But anyway I will post and if people will comment we'll see if it is realalistic enough.

tracer, Mensch did a Tiger I mod based on (confusingly) Tiger's yellow Tiger I that had camo netting with branches in it. That one was for CMBO, but it looked very nice, and quite realistic. Maybe someone who still has it could post a screenshot here so that you get an impression of it.

Originally posted by Andreas:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrNoobie:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Andreas:

Late war Soviet ISU-122 and ISU-152 with air-recognition stripes on the side and the top of the turret?

?? check the CMMOS theres a striped version of the ISU-152. </font>

I interpret "need modding" as correcting annoying flaws, not just prettying them up.

Using that criterion I'd suggest:

IS-2 from-scratch and convincing looking (TOP of my list!)The bmps are applied to that turret in such an odd way it's a real pain to get it looking right.

SU-76s with convincing looking running gear and shaded properly.

Small shacks. Yes, small shacks. they're scattered through ever scenario and they just don't look true-to-life to me. Maybe it's that brown color for the wood.

Winter roads. Oh wait, I already did that one! (a small plug for me) :D;)

Not a very long list at all. I'd say most of our needs have already been well met.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Winter roads. Oh wait, I already did that one!....

And very well, too. On my short list of "must have mods;" belated thanks for the effort.

I second your other requests, especially the shacks...but I love terrain mods even more than vehicles. The current Su-76 isn't terrible but it does seem to stick out somehow, must be the shading.

- Matt