Could somebody more clearly define 'gamey' tactics to me?

Well I know how there are some obvious 'gamey' (to me, it just means unrealistic or never historically done) things in BF1942 like, for example, riding on the hood of a jeep as a bazooka wielding soldier and shooting at tanks as you swerve by or using and sacrificing a single fighter plane to paradrop in a certain location and steal an enemy Tiger tank. But aside from that what is considered 'gamey'? I hear that in CMBO there are still a small number of gamey tactics you can get away with. Err like what?

Originally posted by Thermopylae:

The jeep rush o doom. Your jeep(s) moving at inanely fast speeds, zips around the battlefield hoping for something to shoot at it. it continues doing this until one of those things actually hits it.

That didn't happen in real? That's how I play Battlefield 1942!

Ooops.....

Dear Homer,

Using crews as an assault force.

Although I rarely use any of the tactics described here as gamey I have always in the back of my mind thought that anything that can be done in CM is not gamey. BFC has done a pretty good job of making it not worth using crews and jeeps and such for their unintended purpose. Especially crews. The point loss from their death is usaully not worth any help they could provide by using them offensively.

Love,

Elvis

Originally posted by Dave H:

Selecting Wirblewinds and flamethrowing tanks for a scenario limited to armored cars and halftracks. For these and other gamey tactics, look for the official mike_the_wino, Mike the wino2, or mike_the_squire. Mike got gamey! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh, please. You lot in the Evil Clown thread are all, all a bunch of gamey whores and vicious brutes, and watching one of you point the finger at another is like witnessing a hair-pulling contest on a working girl's corner in the 'busy' part of town.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dave H:

Selecting Wirblewinds and flamethrowing tanks for a scenario limited to armored cars and halftracks. For these and other gamey tactics, look for the official mike_the_wino, Mike the wino2, or mike_the_squire. Mike got gamey! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh, please. You lot in the Evil Clown thread are all, all a bunch of gamey whores and vicious brutes, and watching one of you point the finger at another is like witnessing a hair-pulling contest on a working girl's corner in the 'busy' part of town. </font>

Originally posted by Los:

"things in BF1942 like, for example, riding on the hood of a jeep as a bazooka wielding soldier"

Actually all of BF1942 can be classified as "gamey".(I'd love to see someone who thinks otherwise?) Not that I don't enjoy playing it myself.

Los

What about bombing tanks and stuff with fighter planes, is that gamey? Oh wait, yes it is cuz the pilot in the game is also trained in driving and operating a tank and excels in infantry combat just as much as all the other soldiers on the battlefield. So yes I guess you are right.

A really gamey tactic would be designing a Soviet attack scenario where 50-70% of the German positions are labelled on the map. Think of how that game would play out with a decent Soviet player and at least equal numbers (perish the thought). Now, Soviet artillery is very deadly and effective. The thing about this gamey tactic is that it was actual SOP for Soviet breakthrough operations from late 1943, on.

Something to think about smile.gif

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Probably the gamiest thing I evre did was put a landing craft up on top of a hill to act as a spotter and draw enemy fire.

You whore, you actually stole that from another horrible whore on the Peng Challenge Thread! (was it Croda?)

[ September 30, 2003, 11:52 PM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Probably the gamiest thing I evre did was put a landing craft up on top of a hill to act as a spotter and draw enemy fire.

Uh yeah, I guess that'd qualify. Boo, I can't decide whether you should be locked up in order to secure the public safety or stuffed and mounted in a museum as a prime example of the species Gamicus illegitimus.

Michael

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

You whore, you actually stole that from another horrible whore on the Peng Challenge Thread! (was it Croda?) </font>

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Probably the gamiest thing I ever did was put a landing craft up on top of a hill to act as a spotter and draw enemy fire.

Uh yeah, I guess that'd qualify. Boo, I can't decide whether you should be locked up in order to secure the public safety or stuffed and mounted in a museum as a prime example of the species Gamicus illegitimus.

Michael </font>