PC Gamer......Trotter mentions CMAK!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Panzertruppe:

Hey all!

Just got my new PC Gamer yesterday with a 3 page article called "So you want to be a wargamer" by Bill Trotter. Not a bad little piece.....but when I saw some screen shots of the "M3 Lee" I almost wet my pants! Dang!.....CMAK looks good!

Any chance of posting a scan of the Lee?

Can't see any updates on the CMAK preview screenshots.

[ August 19, 2003, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: Wicky ]

Originally posted by Wicky:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Panzertruppe:

Hey all!

Just got my new PC Gamer yesterday with a 3 page article called "So you want to be a wargamer" by Bill Trotter. Not a bad little piece.....but when I saw some screen shots of the "M3 Lee" I almost wet my pants! Dang!.....CMAK looks good!

Any chance of a scan and link job? </font>

Although CM games are mentioned thoughout the article this is the caption over the top of the picture with a Sherman and the Lee.

"The next chapter of 3D wargaming(Combat Mission Africa Korps) will march the venerable World War II series into parts of the Mediterranean Theater,including the sandy deserts of North Africa, the Italian mountains,and the island of Crete. Battles and operations will be designable,and custommizable using the full editor built right into the game. Using the same engine powering CMBB, CMAK will also introduce multi-turreted tanks,and dust clouds from explosions and advancing vehicles. The game should be finished in Q4 2003 and available for purchase.

There is also a nice picture of a "Crusader" kicking up dust as it moves across the desert!

I"ll ask my wife to "scan' the pictures this week and try to get them posted. :D

[ August 19, 2003, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: Panzertruppe ]

Heh heh. About a week after CMAK comes out, there is going to be 10 "Sahara" scenarios uploaded at the scenario depot.

I know one of them is going to be mine! smile.gif

Do you remember the part in the movie where the 20mm (or is it 37mm) turret take out that messershmidt? Wasn't it with one shot, as well?

Memory fading . . .

Hee hee, can't wait!

Gpig

Oh sure, everybody else is yanking their hair out wanting a good picture of an M3...yet 1 guy throws out something about a 90mm on an Italian truck and it shows up within hours. Not only that, but it's the guy that stole my name!!!

Yet, it really is a VERY nice screen shot. All these CMAK threads forced me to buy a batch of North Africa Micro Armor to help feed my craving for desert armor.

-The Other Hans

[ August 19, 2003, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: Siege ]

You know how I despise whinners right? But I finally got a chance to shoot my new Sig Sauer P220 today so I am in a good mood.

So here ya go, you said M3's you didnt say WHICH M3.... tongue.gif

M3_parade.jpg

By the way, All bone screenshots do not neccesarily represent how the final textures will look. In fact, they will probably just get better.. MWAHAHAHAHA

Madmatt

p.s. Thats all the bones for this thread but I am working a more substantial one for you soon. Just don't bug me about it.