New building mod preview with many pics.

I'm just about done with all eight of the small buildings. They aren't meant to look like Russian buildings or anything specific. Hopefully they will fit in well with Juju's outstanding Berlin buildings.

Now on to the previews. Most windows have an interior with various doodads inside.

building1.jpg

Transparent glass with a slight reflection.

building4.jpg

building8.jpg

building7.jpg

building3.jpg

Damaged versions have damaged interiors as well.

damaged_building2.jpg

Fallen beams, and if you look closely, you can see boot prints on the door.

damaged_building4.jpg

Even knocked over furniture.

damaged_building3.jpg

I haven't started the winter versions yet. Should I release these when finished? or wait until they are all done. It might take a while before I finish the winter versions.

Thanks to Juju for testing these and giving great suggestions.

Dear Tanks a lot, those houses look superb :eek:

But please accept a kind suggestion about this mod :

building3.jpg

...is the vertical beams right ? They pass through windows and door, and I think it cannot happen IRL. :confused: This structure of the house would be very fragile in that case.

Why not replace them on each side of the door, for example ?

Bogdan has a good point about the beams. In the "damaged" frames the beams are different (as they should be?)that is if that IS the same building. Good eye, Bogdan.

The good news is that these are superb--irrespective of the beam issue. I have been keeping an eye out for this and thought that it got buried somewhere in the CMmod crash. Absolutely stunning--can't wait to see their appearance at the 'base. :D

Thanks for all the positive replies. smile.gif

Bogdan:

I believe that style of exterior timbering was more for decoration, not actual support. The bricks underneath would be the main support for the building. I'll experiment with changing the beams just to be safe. Thanks for the suggestion.

I don't usually post to these threads, because you modders already know that everything you do is automatically fantastic (well, in my opinion at least). But now I just have to say: those look just great! Damn, now I can't even bombard a village to pieces without crying the destruction of so wonderful art. Keep up the good work! smile.gif

-Parachu-

Originally posted by Salkin:

Can you make the computer use these houses in QBs without removing any of the old houses ?

Oh, and excellent work ! smile.gif

//Salkin

There are only eight small buildings in the game, so you either have to mix and match, or choose which houses fit better. With the new mod manager, you shouldn't have to remove anything.

Originally posted by Other Means:

my girlfriend just asked if it was a haunted house. so i guess they look real.

love the flowers on the windowledge, the rain stains, the grass, the kicked in doors. everything. outstanding work.

Thanks. I even put bloodstains inside one of the windows. You'll have to look for it.

Originally posted by tooz:

The revised "Beam house" looks better, or should I just say "more spectacular"! :D

Looking forward to using them. Great, great job.

I made a few more changes to the timber that should improve it a little more. Thanks to Bogdan and you for the helpful advice.

Originally posted by massimorocca:

BTW the third mod is also fantastic for the incoming Italian scenarios. It looks exactly like the rural houses builded along the Appennini mountains

Thank you. Must have gotten lucky. ;) I wasn't trying for anything specific.

[ November 05, 2003, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: Tanks a Lot ]