Crimean Rocks - More Operation Störfang previews...

cant wait to get my grummy hands on those bmp´s! i think they´ll look great on any front, not just the crimean!

ive been looking for some good rock graphics... small question tho...

i seem to be seeing three(!) rock textures there... one solid cliff one, one big rocks one and one small rocks (just the doodads) what gives? i thought there were only two in the game (rocks and small rocks)

mi mi mi; i do need to have those.

Maybe he used the wetgrounds ore something, just a guess.

SUPER, man, really looking super.

I just hope u wont keep it restricted to the operation players only...please?

(btw; i heard you worked at oce...made me wonder if u were from my parts of the Netherlands, being Venlo, since oce's headquarters is here in my towny, down south.

Doesnt matter surely, but wouldnt that be kinda nice)

and ps: i really DO need to have those, mr Eichenbaum. smile.gif

I just took a second look. And i think i will need the whole mod package. Because the grass is also pretty amazing. They look wonderfull together.

yeah yeah yeah, thats enough now, theike........... :cool:

[ September 21, 2003, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: theike ]

Originally posted by theike:

(btw; i heard you worked at oce...made me wonder if u were from my parts of the Netherlands, being Venlo, since oce's headquarters is here in my towny, down south.

Doesnt matter surely, but wouldnt that be kinda nice)

OOhh my god.... you're kidding right ????

Yes, I'm from Venlo..... how... how.....

Dat we in de zelfde stad wonen is wel heel erg toevallig. Leuk zeg. smile.gif

Thanks for your positive reactions. I didn't expect it really...

I'll post those bitmaps on CMMODS after the new Operation Storfang is released. The new interface that comes with the operation has a build in texture manager to control the bitmaps.

These new textures will be first used in the maps of Sevastopol and surroundings. Those maps will be 1 on 1... We can now create maps that are very accurate. Everything from building blocks to forests, Mountains and Heights, Bunkers to Forts will be placed with an accuracy of ca. 50 meters and will be as it was in 1942.

Wow! Looking good the terrain is full of CMBB goodness:) Heading over to your website to get up to speed. Thanks heaps.

Excellent original website as well! Very unique format and one of the best I have seen! Cheers!

[ September 22, 2003, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: Waycool ]

Hehe, see told you Eichebaum ! :D ...the rocks look excellent and will be a very popular download !

I cant wait to get to grips with the accurate 'GPS' type terrain circa 1942. Do you have operations maps from that time too? showing divisional/army group advances/deployments ? Be good to measure our progress against the historical counterparts. :cool:

Jeh jeh Jaeger... you're right.

Ok, here's the strategic map again.

The green line is your starting point, and you'll have to reach the orange in just one month. The height of the map is about 40km.

Strategic_Map_Storfang.jpg

We're not going to build the whole map, that's impossible in such a short time but only strategic important segments. Ca. 50 maps will make an Operation playable. The map size will vary in 2x2, 2x3, 3x2 and 3x3 km.

Stone wall mod.

Crimean_Rocks3.jpg

After it was done I noticed that the texture almost looks exactly like the CMBB version. We could have used the exact same image to create this wall. Now it's high-res because a lot of fighting will take place near walls. Sevastopol and it's surroundings is one big stone fort. Too bad these walls can't get any higher then this. :(

But... I have found an solution for this...

[ September 25, 2003, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: eichenbaum ]

Often I whish I could have more time to spend work on this project. All those late hours after my full-time job seems not enough to get this job done as fast as I would like it to be...

Our team is still made up of a hand full of men :

- Jeagermeister ; Scenario testing and and practical AAR's

- Von Nev ; Scenario testing and very detailed AAR's

- Cabron66 ; Mission briefings and translations (Just joined our team)

- Oh, yes... and me... some other stuff.

Hereby I would like to thank Jeagermeister, Von Nev and Cabron66 for their time and effort they have put in this project, now and in the future! Great job !!!

If somebody thinks he's suitable to join our team, don't hesitate to send me an e-mail. I'm all ear... or eyes for that matter ;)

Nils

Nils,

I know I have been away for a while with my Marine Corps annual reserve training, but wanted to get back into the swing of things. These screen shots looks great by the way. I look forward to assisting you with this great project. Send me an e-mail with what you need me to do.

von Nev