What games do you play besides Combat Misson?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like CM-series most.

I spend most time playing :

Combat Mission : Beyond Overlord

Combat Mission : Barbarossa to Berlin

Championship Manager 4 (have played this from the very first version)

Ohter games I play sometimes:

Splinter Cell (going to play it through once more)

Mafia (might play it through once more)

Rally Trophy (when I feel rallying)

[ June 29, 2003, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: Kaiser Soze 71 ]

I'll play just about any wargame since I already own an embarrasing number of them, but current favorites are Uncommon Valor and Galactic Civilizations. Medieval: Total War is absolutely fantastic and I can't wait for Rome: Total War. Most anticipated tital for me right now is probably the new Grigsby Pacific Supergame.

I like flight sims IF they have a "fan" on the front of them instead of the back end and I'm really looking forward to the Full Canvas Jacket Superpatch for Red Baron 3D so I can take to the skies over 1914 Europe once again.

The only shooters I've ever <U>really</U> enjoyed were the Medal of Honor ones and GTA3 (I'm almost ashamed to admit. Nah. No I'm not.) :D

I have yet to buy any sort of PS2, XBox, etc. But I'll buy whatever machine it takes to run the first really good boxing game that comes out - especially if it has a career mode in it. Hell, that might even get me into online play!

Originally posted by Killjoy12:

Does anyone know where one can purchase Airborne Assault? I can't find it online anywhere. Anyone looking to sell theres?

Was it ever sold in stores?

The US mailorder version disapperaed in the BFC -> matrix changeover. However, it was sold for retail by CDV in Europe. So if you can live with paranoid copy protection, 1/3rd the manual and all the other CDV goodies you can look out for it on UK or other European mailorder sites.

Originally posted by Rob Murray:

Just picked up GTA: Vice City yesterday ( Sunday ) & I've been playing with it all night. This one takes me back 20 years ( musically ).

God I feel so friggin' old! :eek:

Heck, the radio stations alone make the game worth the purchase. Four words, from GTA III;

"Citizens Raging Against Phones"

CM:BB mostly. I can't get back to CM:BO with all the improvements in CM:BB... Also a lot of NHL2003 in the weekends with friends before going out to the pub. Excellent game with buddies & beer.

Other ones:

- Counter-Strike. Been playing it for years and years occasionally, good stress relief and we have our own server. I give it the odd spin with a few beers when I crave instant action.

- Icewind Dale 2. I play in bursts, I play it two nights and then don't touch it for two weeks.

- Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal. Still haven't finished it and I started 2 years ago smile.gif But I will!

- Operation Flashpoint.

- Vietcong, I finished once but thought I'd give it another spin.

- Medieval: Total War. Finished it twice and haven't installed it yet on this system but good game after it was patched.

Looking to play Rainbow Six: Raven Shield LAN at some point, and waiting for CMAK... If/when any new infinity engine games come out (or the engine that replaces it), like Baldur's Gate series or Icewind Dales, I will surely buy them. I enjoy computer RPG's on occasion, the good ones have great immersion.