Resolution ?

Hmmm. Nobody willing to help out on my last question. (Except Rob I think ...thanks!)

Let us try another.

I know how to change my resolution after a nice search, but what do you folks typically choose to play in?

Reason I ask is my new laptop has a 1600 X 1200 deskyop resolution. SO, when I put BO and BB on it, it obviously was run at that resolution. I never even considered changing it. For the most part it runs really smooth and looks ... AMAZING. (I have an ATI 9000 mobility card with 64 megs ..wanted 128, but it wasn't an option at the time).

Anyhow, I finally get around to putting them on my desktop at home, where the desktop is at 1240 X 768 or whatever that one is, and Thus I choose that resolution during setup. However, it clearly looks like a different game. Yet, I can tell a difference in speed especially during large battles. (Home Pc's vid card is a Hercules Gforce 3 TI500, that was top of the line not too long ago ...even mail ordered it becasue the local shops didn't carry it).

So, the query is: What Resolution do you run in?

My other specs if you are curious:

Home: P4 1.8Ghz, 512 Megs DDR ram, Nice KDS 19" monitor...yada yada.

Laptop: P4 2.0ghz, 512 Megs DDR ram, Most expensive LCD screen they had, yada yada.

I actually prefer playing on the laptop, because I can get the higher Resolution, BUT those damned ATI cards don't show fog. Snow and rain looks a treat, but no fog.

So waht resolutions do you folks typically play at?

MFOS - Mouth Full of Spiders

Ps. If any of you would be so kind, please go back a page or so, and see if you can help me out with my CMMOS questions.

I bumped it once already to fish for some answers, but doing it twice is pretty bad karma.

Peace

I believe what you need to do is delete the Combat mission BB perfs(perfernces)file its about 2kb then reset your screen res to the desired setting then restart the game

the game then should ask you if you want that setting if not then just wait for the setting you want (it will cycle through them)

I did it a few weeks ago I think you can try searching for it in the technical support forum

Uhm ....like I said:

I know how to change resolution. A quick search gave me that info.

I was just curious what resolution people tend to run their games in.

Thanks for trying to help me out anyways. Any input is better than none. smile.gif

MFOS - Mouth Full of Spiders

I run at 1024 x 768.

Now you make me want to check out the higher resolution. Never tried anything else as that is what my desktop is set to.

I'm sure I could run it at a higher resolution as well, I'm on a P4 1.7, 512 RAM, GeForce ti4400 with 128. Also on a 19" KDS. Just too lazy to reset all my preferences I guess, maybe I'll give it a go to see if there really is such a difference.

:D

[ January 27, 2003, 11:30 PM: Message edited by: Lord Dragon ]

Here's what I have:

Dell Dimension 4500 P4 2.0 GHz, 64 MB Nvidia Geforce 4 MX 420 with TV out video card. I'm running both CMBB & CMBO at 1028x764. I was running them at 800x600 but I found that I got a funny looking " Christmas Tree " effect when I had the camera at certain heights & angles ( it would disappear when I moved the camera ). Both games look much better now. The only thing ( in CMBB ) that I have to do is if a scenario has a tremendous amount of trees, etc ( B&T Early Wittmann for example ) is reduce the tree coverage to sparse - moderate; otherwise the framerate will suffer.

i'm running at 1200 * 1000 (approx: i'm in work & can't check) on a 2.4G p4 with a 128M gf4600 ti on a 19" iiyama monitor.

no problems really. just wanted to show off.

do you think with the engine re-write they will stick with the symbolic representation of squads or will they attempt to represent each little fella? maybe with a toggle to go between sybolic & real? the processing power would seem to be available & it would look great.

[ January 28, 2003, 05:22 AM: Message edited by: Other Means ]

1280x1024 on 21inch monitor P4 2.1 ghz 384MG of Rambius RD Ram, video cards is a Geforce 4 Ti4600 128meg Ram.

CMBB runs smoothly, only time I got some hesitation was when I set up a scenario to see what the max units allowed for CMBB is.

CMBO never has ever hestitated.

I tried 1600x1200 but CMBB took a performance hit on larger scenarios.

well my games are ordered.. but I've been playing the demos in 1024x768 just bumped it up to 1280x960 just to try it out.. menus seem a little small for me.. since I am using a 17" My monitor is like the only thing I haven't gotten around to upgrading in years(at least 4) Currently running a AMD 1.5 with 1gb of mem and a Geforce 4 TI 4600. Hopefully going to up to a 19 or 21 soon

Oh and Hi.. I guess this is my "Hello I am new around here" post as well smile.gif

Originally posted by Bastables:

1280x960 at 100mhz 4xAA 8xAnio and 21inch monitor

on an Ati 9700pro. 2100 AMD

Makes everything smooth and insures that my eyes don't go all crazy after a long PC session

The Ati is such a monster card I've changed over to 1600x1200 85hz 4xAA 16xAnio. The dam thing won't slow down even when running things like NOLF 2, Hitman 2 and IL2 at the same res.