Strangest Thing happened in CMBB

Yeah, that happens, but not that often and it's not a bug. Keep in mind that what you see is just a graphical representation of whats going on in the combat simulation background. I noticed the timer showed he tossed it in about a second after it showed the unit as eliminated. Think of it more like this, the unit fired and got killed while the projectile was inbound to it's target.

I've noticed this more often when 2 squads are duking it out in close combat. As one squad gets eliminated, they'll inflict some casualities or get a grenade off right after it shows them as being eliminated.

I think the key phrase to remember is that what you see on the screen is not what is happening. It's an illustration of what happened during the turn. CM is really a paper board game in disguise, overlaid with a nifty graphics engine that shows you what those little cardboard counters really did during the last combined movement and combat phases. Don't take what you see during the movie too literally.

Just another reason to use Michael Dorosh's ASL mod -- it puts you in the right frame of mind.