New Public Beta 1.03 Patch Now Available!!! 4-17-2003

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by MikeyD:

And another thing I almost forgot to mention, the tanks rotation (at least o the Stug IV) is not quite so grindingly slow as it was. Still slow enough to make for some (delightfully) tense moments, but not inappropriately slow.

So how long IS appropriate? A better question would be, how long is realistic? ~30 seconds for a 90 degree turn seems long to me, but all I know is what I see on the History channel.

Okay, this is my third (and I hope my LAST) attempt:

PLEASEpleasePLEASE correct the Hungarian names. I will do this if no one else will, just PLEASEpleasePLEASE post it to me or some other Hungarian CMBB fan with a Hunarian keyboard...

Thank you.

Originally posted by Madmatt:

I would still like to see some example files (from 1.03c) of a unit panicing and heading TOWARD the enemy.

Madmatt [/QB]

I have a file that shows this (I think) -- I will email it to you. I think it is from the very first 1.03 patch. A T-26 is hull down behind a ridgeline, firing at a German 'Gun?'. It comes under fire and promptly drives FORWARD about 100m, out into the open, turning to the right. Predictably, it is turned into a sieve in short order.

I've noticed a bug with the HUNT command in 1.03c (Windows version).

A platoon of unsurpressed Pz 38(t) was approaching a patch of wood.

All Pz had HUNT order. They have seen and were engaging an enemy gun position ahead.

But instead of stopping to engage the gun from a halt position, they simply continue to move!

I checked it with version 1.01, and here the HUNT command works as expected; the tanks stop and fire at the gun; after destroying it, they continue to HUNT (exactly as the HUNT command is described in the manual and as it always worked).

In 1.03c the HUNT seems to work like a simple MOVE command; obviously a severe bug.

I've already sent a save file to Matt.

Tankist

Madmatt,

An additional item has just come to my attention. My apologies for such late notification.

In the planning phase, I accidentally hit "Split". Okay, instantly my squad split. As I said, that was not the action I'd intended. (I just wanted to check the LOS, but my finger slipped as I pulled the mouse down.) So, no problem, I'll just recombine them. At least, that's what I thought. No chance. (The "Split" put half the squad above a crest line, in LOS of half a dozen enemy units. Not what I wanted!)

There was no "take back". Now, if I plan a squad to run at a machine gun, sneak back, throw a demo charge, then withdraw, with a covered arc, I can undo ALL of those while I'm still in the planning phase.

Isn't there some way to recombine a just split squad? (Since they haven't even moved, they must be close enough!)

Thanks,

Ken

I have been playing around with the 103c version. I had 3 stugIII's firing at an infantry unit just over the crest of a hill. All the rounds were landing short. As I got down at level one then worked my way up to level 3, it seemed that the stugs probably should not have been able to see the unit as they were on a lower elevation. Just an observation! I know that there is an abstraction of what you can see, and what the computer actually sees. If you still need files on this bug I can send them.

In the same files are examples of units being engaged, pinned and sneaking parrallel to the units engaging them. It would have been much safer to just back down below the crest of the hill instead of crawling to the brush on their left.

Originally posted by Tankist:

I've noticed a bug with the HUNT command in 1.03c (Windows version).

A platoon of unsurpressed Pz 38(t) was approaching a patch of wood.

All Pz had HUNT order. They have seen and were engaging an enemy gun position ahead.

But instead of stopping to engage the gun from a halt position, they simply continue to move!

I checked it with version 1.01, and here the HUNT command works as expected; the tanks stop and fire at the gun; after destroying it, they continue to HUNT (exactly as the HUNT command is described in the manual and as it always worked).

In 1.03c the HUNT seems to work like a simple MOVE command; obviously a severe bug.

I've already sent a save file to Matt.

Tankist

Actually that is how it is supposed to work.

HUNT stops to shoot at AFV type targets only AFAIK, and MOVE to CONTACT stops at all contacts. Additionally HUNT will resume if the target first ID'd is destroyed while M.T.C. the vehicle stops until next you give them an order to move or TACai makes the thing move.

Originally posted by Dirtweasle:

HUNT stops to shoot at AFV type targets only AFAIK, and MOVE to CONTACT stops at all contacts. Additionally HUNT will resume if the target first ID'd is destroyed while M.T.C. the vehicle stops until next you give them an order to move or TACai makes the thing move.

Sorry, you are wrong.

[EDIT] I actually cannot parse your sentense completely and may have misunderstood what you said.

[ April 22, 2003, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

I just ran a test where 5 PzIVD were given a hunt command running perpendicular to a single 57mm AT gun in some woods about 600 meters away (no other terrain on map). Because the tanks never stopped to engage the AT gun (they simply fired while moving) their accuracy was quite low and all vehicles were knocked out by the end of turn 2. All units were regular. It looks like something is definately wrong with the hunt command.

TCP-IP to PBEM.

I've read the manual page 198 and 199. There seems to be a problem when you want to stop the TCP game and convert to PBEM. One player loses his setup turn. Is there a proper way to do this conversion so that you don't lose the ability to give orders? or do we have a bug?

:confused:

Thanks,

lee

I know the spotting ability from bailed tank crews has been diminished since CMBO. But I'm playing a PBEM CMBB scenario 'Manstein Cometh' and I've just taken out 5 flanking opposition t-34s, my tanks have moved on but even my opponent admitted "Yeah, sorry about the gamey use of the tank crew's, couldn't resist the temptation." referring to moving them to borg spot, what I would have hoped to have been a subsequent surprise manoeuvre. My only other options would have been to divert my tanks (no nearby infantry), some considerable distance, to capture or kill the crews.

Could the spotting ability/range for bailed crews be pleased looked at again for the 1.03 patch & CMAK

Madmatt,

The 251/16 MG bmp glich I posted about earlier on the forum, well the problem does come up with the patch, after clean install with the first 2 patches, no problem, but when the beta patch is installed, problem. Just figured I'd let you guys know in case you didn't already know.