Life's just like a box of Peng Challenges

Originally posted by Moraine Sedai:

But methinks I shall have to teach him some manners in regards to teasing Southern women about their accents.

Use the hot poker. It's a multipurpose tool.

And now for some Gamey Updates!!

Buzzsaw died burning in the wheatfields of Klein Kargarlyk. It goes without saying, he is a git of the first order, and has not been seen here since I crushed him most mightily.

dalem is allowing me to mangle his partisans, cossacks, and paratroopers in SL18 - A Winter Melee. It goes without saying that he is losing badly as I crush him mightily. He owes me a turn.

Lars is roasting on the beaches at this moment. Tomorrow he will begin winging his way back to the frigid north slopes of Minnehahaha. I hope he has sun poisoning, the bastiche. It goes without saying that I am crushing him mightily. He owes me a turn.

Mace is dying in droves under the might of my Romanian winter offensive in SP -- Glimmer of Valor. Of course, I am crushing his Aussie butt most mightily. He owes me a turn, too.

Hakko has warned me that he will be in the DFW metroplex around the end of March. I am now working on getting airline tickets out of here for that time period. In the meantime, I am crushing him mightily at the foot of SL5 - Hill 621 and, of course, he owes me a turn.

In doing my part to rid the One True Thread of SSNs/Fluffies, I have crushed and destroyed Tinkyboob most mightily in Desert Redux. He hasn't been back since I started.

Iskander seems to have succumbed to real life. Poor bastiche, I miss crushing him mightily. He has owed me a turn for two months.

Lurkur and I are racing to see who can lose more men the fastest, forcing an autosurrender in the rune monstrousity that is Fall Blau. I don't really care whether I am crushing him mightily, nor he I: we both just want this scenario to end. He owes me a turn, not that I'm in any hurry to receive it.

OGSF has dumped about four batteries of artillery on mostly empty woods, injuring two men and frightening our battalion mascot. When he finally gets around to attacking, I will crush him mightily. He owes me a turn, too.

Wildman hates my tanks in Tiger Tiger, mainly because they are crushing him mightily. He owes me a turn, too.

R_Leete is an inept bastiche. Of course, you already knew that, but his partisans are even more so. I am crushing him mightily in B&T - Ghetto Uprising. Of course, he owes me a turn.

Seanachai is a roight bastiche, and no mistake. I think I am crushing him mightily, but one can never tell. Of course, it being Seanachai, he owes me a turn.

Speedbump has yet to show up on the field of battle -- of course, when he shows up, I will crush him mightily. Of course, he owes me a turn, too.

Now, the rest of you -- sod off.

Steve

[ February 14, 2003, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I know i am not a Pengonite but let me just say you lunatics crack me up...

Please never get help because these threads make my day and if they ever put any of you one the medication that you so obviously need god help us.

Peng people rock!

You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming.

[ February 14, 2003, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: Stardog765 ]

All roight, then.

Even with a massive infusion of antibiotics, aimed at clearing the lungs, banishing the near constant fever, and setting the Bard of the Peng Challenge Thread back on a pattern of health, energy, and accomplishment, I'm having a hell of a time figuring out what's going on here?

What's a 'Moraine Sedai'? And don't anyone try to get humourous and send me scampering about barking at the heels of Robert Jordan, fer chrissake. I mean, if she's just Hiram going through some sort of weird, 'touching his inner female' thing, than I vote we all chip in to send someone to NJ to boot him in the arse. I think Beman lives in New Jersey. Why not deputize him?

What I know for sure is, we don't need another strange series of episodes such as we had with Panzer Leader, where he created a seperate identity for his 'wife', and would post under either name, depending on whether he was feeling 'frilly' that morning, or if he needed some 'other' individual to chime in on what he'd just said, all of it bearing witness to his slow descent into madness

And am I now to understand that lenakonrad is female? I always thought such, with the given name.

I mean, really, you lot. 'Lena'? 'Konrad'? All you lot kept acting like 'Konrad' was the given name. The poster wasn't sodding Chinese, now were they?

In any case, we've had that Treeb- er, there was that other fellow who seemed to be sorting out his Combat Mission tendencies from his softer, gentler, snappier dressing self, and he's proved himself to be...well, a somewhat strange asset to to the community.

What I want to know, as an Olde One of the Peng Challenge Thread, is are we now welcoming in two new Ladies of the Pool?

Or has Hiram's homophobia resulted in an act of penance as he begins to post like a putative 'significant other'?

I'm not at all caught up. But I thought it important to let you all know that I'm watching you. With folded arms, and a very pointed look.

[ February 14, 2003, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

Originally posted by Stardog765:

Ok I know i am not a Pengonite but let me just say you lunatics crack me up...

Please never get help because these threads make my day and if they ever put any of you one the medication that you so obviously need god help us.

Peng people rock!

You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming.

We thank you for your almost insane words.

Here in the Peng Challenge Thread, we are not simply about an excess of, or lack of, medication.

We are about the void that would exist without the various combinations of insanity/medication that would exist if we were not here.

But perhaps that's just the antibiotics talking...

Let me assure you, Seanachai, that I am not Hiram in disguise. I am a very real person. A separate entity. His girlfriend.

He's had me reading Peng threads for a couple of months and, when I visited him in NJ last month, we played some hotseat and I got hooked on the game.

I just received my very own copy of The Game today - what an appropriate Valentine's present to me - and am being taught a few lessons by Hiram before taking on you veterans of the game.

And Berli told Hiram I should post in here. I have a tendency to the same kind of ascerbic wit that most here display and, I suppose, they thought I would fit in nicely.

I've added my AIM ID if you feel the need to chat with me to confirm I am not one and the same as Hiram, lol.

Edited to say that, yes, I am a Robert Jordan fan as well and Hiram thought it a fitting screenname for me. Otherwise, you'd be talking to Tank Girl right now, LOL!

[ February 14, 2003, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: Moraine Sedai ]

Originally posted by Moraine Sedai:

...and am being taught a few lessons by Hiram before taking on you veterans of the game.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..HAH...HA...HAHA...HA! Heh, heh, heh...heh...whew!...heeheehee...ha...oh my...wow...think I got a head rush out of that.

Yes, Lady Moraine, attend well all that Hiram has to teach you. Focus deeply on all his wisdom, and then...and then...

do the exact opposite.

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..HAH...HA...HAHA...HA! Heh, heh, heh...heh...whew!...heeheehee...ha...oh my...wow...think I got a head rush out of that.

Yes, Lady Moraine, attend well all that Hiram has to teach you. Focus deeply on all his wisdom, and then...and then...

do the exact opposite.

hmmm...well, er, uhm...we'll see. He may be a better teacher than a player. *ducks*

So it is no longer within the realm of possibility

that we could ,if necessary ,be what we claim to be.

With our roles we look for a position in the Cesspool just like six characters sought an author.For all of us this place is the last refuge ,which does not preclude it from being our salvation .

Salvation its not a premium on existence ,but the last way out for a man whose path is blocked by his own frontal bone.

konrad

Faithfull Squire To SIR AUSSIEJEFF

Originally posted by GRUE:

FLUFFIES WELCOME.

FLUFFIES WELCOMED BY GRUE.

*shows job description*

WHY? GRUE EAT FLUFFIES, BUT ONLY AFTER TENDERISING WITH LARGE CLUB FIRST

IF DON'T LIKE BEING APPETISER, MAIN COURSE OR DESSERT...STAY AWAY.

IF DODGE GRUE, CHALLENGE OTHER OF SAME STATUS. DON'T CHALLENGE KINIGGETS AND SENIOR KINIGGETS AND OLD ONES. THEY IGNORE, ALWAYS THIS IGNORE.

AND NICE LADIES HERE TOO. BE NICE TO THEM BECAUSE IF NOT, GRUE RENDER FLESH FROM BONES.

UMMMM.

GRUE NOW GO PREPARE INSTRUMENTS OF WELCOMING AND OTHER TORTURE DEVISES.

Grue

[EDIT BECAUSE GRUE MADE A WHOOPSY]

Dear GRUE,

{*sniff - auSSiejeff wipes tear of kind sentiment from eye*} Some peeps round-a-bouts might say "Well GRUE you, mate!!" when they mis-read your wise werds, but for me, that was the MOST GRUEsome set of GRUElez I've ever seen.

PS: I hope you cleaned up your WHOOPSY. There's enough of that oiky stuff lying around here as it is....

Hugs,

Sir auSSiejeff

Originally posted by bauhaus:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by lenakonrad:

I can't believe you would admit that in public.....or even admit it at all. </font>

Originally posted by lenakonrad:

With our roles we look for a position in the Cesspool just like six characters sought an author.For all of us this place is the last refuge ,which does not preclude it from being our salvation .

Salvation its not a premium on existence ,but the last way out for a man whose path is blocked by his own frontal bone.

konrad

{*sniff* - auSSiejeff wipes tear of poetic appreciation from eye}. Faithfull Squire lenakonrad, that was just .... just .... just {oh, do sit DOWN Joe!!} ... so apt!

You do so have your way with werds.

Pray tell, Faithfull Squire, how go

eth the battles with yon infi

dels? Mayhap you cans't post

eth here the gory details of the

ir impending defeats thus far, for the com

pletion of FIVE {4} battles against worthy opp

onents shall entitle you to consider

ation for further eleva

tion.

sIr auSSiejeff

With our roles we look for a position in the Cesspool just like six characters sought an author.

Luigi Pirandello?

For all of us this place is the last refuge ,which does not preclude it from being our salvation .

konrad

Ah! The things I'd read about young lenakonrad being female were clearly wrong, or I misunderstood them.

Women never worry much about 'salvation', and they almost never speak about 'the last way out'. Only men have to worry about these issues, being so at risk for salvation, and so concerned with a final escapement from justice...

Originally posted by auSSiejeff:

auSSiejeff [/QB]

I don't like this presentation of 'AussieJeff' at all.

The SS are a military organization of morally mixed and significantly conflicted issues, but both 'Aussie' (those swine), and 'Jeff' are worthy of being capitalized. Fix this screenname.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Less than you'd think. 'Patch' is the name of Persephone's dog. And, apparently, he's no Hellhound. Berli always speaks of him in terms of 'that silly little dog'...

Oh -- well, that would explain an Aussie's attraction, then.

Don't you owe me a turn or somefink before you die?

Steve

Dear Seanachai,

While I cannot confirm that Ms. Hiram is real (having never met the lass) I can confirm that I have been told about Ms. Hiram.

The thing that most scares me about her most recent comments are that she has stated that he has taught her much about CM. Since it is a known fact that he knows nothing about CM it is probably fair to say the neither does she. And if they are playing a PBEM game, now that she has it,it is fair to say that she will forget the game even exists by the time they reach turn 2 due to his sloth like return rate of files.

BUT...in the true tradtion of the MBT I am throwing out a challange to Ms. Hiram. Once I have shown her how the game is played she will feel The Shame. And as we all know shame builds charactor (which I am sure she has plenty of, but everyone except me could always use a little more).

Hope all is well with you. Things are just great here.

Love,

Elvis

P.S. Meeks sucks.

Originally posted by Elvis:

Dear Seanachai,

While I cannot confirm that Ms. Hiram is real (having never met the lass) I can confirm that I have been told about Ms. Hiram.

The thing that most scares me about her most recent comments are that she has stated that he has taught her much about CM. Since it is a known fact that he knows nothing about CM it is probably fair to say the neither does she. And if they are playing a PBEM game, now that she has it,it is fair to say that she will forget the game even exists by the time they reach turn 2 due to his sloth like return rate of files.

BUT...in the true tradtion of the MBT I am throwing out a challange to Ms. Hiram. Once I have shown her how the game is played she will feel The Shame. And as we all know shame builds charactor (which I am sure she has plenty of, but everyone except me could always use a little more).

Hope all is well with you. Things are just great here.

Love,

Elvis

P.S. Meeks sucks.

awww! You like me...you really like me!

Sure...gimme what ya got and I'll do my best...or my worst as the case may be, LOL. I only TCP/IP'd today with Hiram, but I will be PBEMing when he sends me a setup.

And I promise to process turns in a more timely manner, heheh.