There Is A Light That Never Goes Out, The Peng Challenge Thread, Stretch Out And Wait

Originally posted by Persephone:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

But I don't really care for sunlight all that much.

You should really have a plant in your apartment.

Mace </font>

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrSpkr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

MrSpkr:

Where's my setup?

-dale

I see we have a learning disability here.

I CHALLENGED YOU. I PICKED THE TERMS. YOU SEND THE SETUP.

Any questions?

Steve </font>

Originally posted by Persephone:

Actually, the Gnome does have a plant in his apartment....it's some strange looking tropical plant carved out of wood. It sits on the shelf near the wooden eagle voodoo altar with the bowl of bones...which is across the room from the jackalope which proudly hangs on the wall...and if you go a little bit further you will find a shelf with a pink pig sitting on it...and when you get to the kitchen make sure you ask Joe to open the silverware drawer. And the Gnome does make good stew!

Persephone

It's a banana tree. And you forgot to mention its rather vibrant colours. And the wooden eagle is actually a three foot high chainsaw sculpture of an eagle perched on a large salmon. The whole thing weighs about 70 pounds. And the jackalope head has an arrow through it. And the pink pig is actually a 'bank' that stands some 18 inches high, and the pig is dressed in pastel golfing togs and holding a putter (that atrocity came to me from Ohio, by the way).

These are only a few, if more dramatic, of the objet d'art casually displayed around my apartment.

Over the years, whenever friends got massively drunk or had a traumatic drug experience that resulted in the purchase or acquisition of very odd, and often incredibly ugly, things, they have apparently woken up the next day and said 'Godalmighty! What the hell's that?! Let's take it over to Seanachai's and give it to him as a gift.'

Like the hatred of the Combat Mission Forum members, I treasure these nightmarish, otherworldly bits of strangeness that come my way.

The only real struggle is to find sufficient room for all of them to be properly displayed. I may have to someday move into a larger hovel.

But I do make a damn fine stew. No one can deny that.

[ September 13, 2003, 12:58 AM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

Hey Seanachai-

did you get that card yet? I may have to get annoyed at the post office.

That is one of the most horrifically vulgar cards I've seen in many, many a day. I want you to seek out counseling, you scruffy little man. </font>

Per request, set-up sent to Lars.

Seems like a nice enough lad. Drinks his fair share and might pose a challenge as I "probe" him over the next couple of weeks. I would hate him more but he harkens from Minnesota and Gawd knows Vikings fans have suffered enough over the years.

I may take to hating him later, what with the "Rune" scenario suggestion and all. As it stands I will write it off as too much hooch and not enough proper spirits.

I will endeavor to make milady, Y2K proud. Failing that I will fetch bottles from the cellar until such time she quits kicking me with pointy shoes.

Very interesting! While the Peng Thread Police are out cracking heads in other Threads, this (most fabled and revered) Thread is allowed to slowly fade to the bottom.

This is NOT acceptable!

Now then:

Boo

Be a good lad and send some turns today, I have an urge to blow some stuff up.

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

Very interesting! While the Peng Thread Police are out cracking heads in other Threads, this (most fabled and revered) Thread is allowed to slowly fade to the bottom.

This is NOT acceptable!

Now then:

Boo

Be a good lad and send some turns today, I have an urge to blow some stuff up.

You sent the last move to me twice, you confused little road apple. Which one should I send back?

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

You sent the last move to me twice, you confused little road apple. Which one should I send back?

It was a late night last night! Send the one in which all your tanks were smoldering wrecks, or the other one, it shouldn't matter.

I don't remember hitting the send button twice, but then again, I don't remember if I put the toilet seat down eith......

[edit]-Well that question has been resolved....OW!

[ September 13, 2003, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: Jim Boggs ]

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

It was a late night last night! Send the one in which all your tanks were smoldering wrecks, or the other one, it shouldn't matter.

I don't remember hitting the send button twice, but then again, I don't remember if I put the toilet seat down eith......

[edit]-Well that question has been resolved....OW! </font>

So, are you even ON this map? It's like, what? Turn 4 on a tiny map and you still haven't shown up? I've got 75% of it in LOS, so I don't know where you might be. (And if you say "the other 25%" I will slap you sensless with a large mackeral.)

Have you learned to hack into the game engine and even now, your cowardly troops are crossing on the underside of the map to come up behind me???

I could believe it of you, you annoying person.

I was hoping you hadn't noticed those parachutes wafting gracefully above you. It takes a BIG parachute to drop a tank.

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

{ snipped }

Berli [stop]

Now THAT, by George, is SIG material ... not MINE of course since I must proclaim my status, but surely someones.

Berli the expression on my face was a delayed reaction to meeting you ... it took that long for the horror of it to sink in.

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

{ snipped }

Berli [stop]

Now THAT, by George, is SIG material ... not MINE of course since I must proclaim my status, but surely someones.</font>

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

{ snipped }

Berli [stop]

Now THAT, by George, is SIG material ... not MINE of course since I must proclaim my status, but surely someones.

Berli the expression on my face was a delayed reaction to meeting you ... it took that long for the horror of it to sink in.

Joe </font>

Originally posted by dalem:

Okay, the Aussies around these parts told me that "get a furry dog up ya!" was some sort of insult. I tried it on an Aussie acquaintance the other day and she'd never heard of it.

Hmph.

She was probably a properly brought up young lady who'd never previously been confronted with the concept of having a kangaroo used to conduct a proctologic exam.

Although if she was properly brought up, I question how it is that you know her.

We're not talking about a nice young woman from the Salvation Army who found you squatting on a curb in your bathrobe trying to recover your memories of the last few days, are we?

I can imagine that you'd consider her a 'friend', since she'd be one of the few people who'd actually chosen to talk to you besides myself, Lars, and Papa Khann.

I see by my Humane Society of the United States calendar that next Sunday begins "National Farm Animals Awareness Week".

What the heck are we supposed to be 'aware' of? That there are farm animals? Or are Farm Animals supposed to be aware? The latter makes more sense. I can imagine them keeping an eye out for Mace, for one thing.

Perhaps they have 'awareness' lectures instructing Farm Animals of the dangers of Aussies driving around in Utes wearing only t-shirts and no pants, offering them grain and trying to entice them into their vehicles?