There Is A Light That Never Goes Out, The Peng Challenge Thread, Stretch Out And Wait

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Turns out when I get to them.

MrSpkr, as per your instructions, the last file was sent to your forum e-mail address. Nevermind that it's the same address we've been using all along. Please inform if it has found it's way to you.

Pillock.

SSN Hint Of The Day: Tell teenagers how things were in your day.

Now sod off.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah...Life is good sometimes.

My dear, sweet, patient, understanding, and beautiful wife has almost completely recovered from her battle against pain, frustration, annoyance, and anger.

Plus, she has almost recovered from her recent surgery as well.

I have borrowed a bit of deviltry from Berli and booked us two days at the beach this weekend, which was just confirmed.

She doesn't have a clue! Not since she married me has she been this clueless. The beach is her favorite spot and we haven't been in quite some time, so hopefully, she will be surprised.

I only wish that you lot could join us. It would be really nice for her to realise that she could have done much worse!

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

My dear, sweet, patient, understanding, and beautiful wife has almost completely recovered from her battle against pain, frustration, annoyance, and anger.

I have borrowed a bit of deviltry from Berli and booked us two days at the beach this weekend, which was just confirmed.

She doesn't have a clue! Not since she married me has she been this clueless. The beach is her favorite spot and we haven't been in quite some time, so hopefully, she will be surprised.

I only wish that you lot could join us. It would be really nice for her to realise that she could have done much worse!

Glad to hear that your wife is better, however be very careful what you wish for, Florida isn't that far away for most of us.

Best wishes to your wife Jim . Is there not a hurricane just a few days off the coast?

Originally posted by Nidan1:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

Glad to hear that your wife is better, however be very careful what you wish for, Florida isn't that far away for most of us. </font>

Originally posted by Abbott:

Is there not a hurricane just a few days off the coast?

Hmmm...could explain the great rate I got, and he did mention that plywood would be an extra charge.

Latest report has it swinging to the north, missing us and heading along the coast of Carolina on Thursday. And we all now how extremely accurate these weather people are.

Thanks guys for your kind thoughts!

Fourth Thread from the bottom???????????

Slackers! Boo must be on vacation or something. Oh yeah, he is off today.

Speaking of Boo, we just finished our little set-to and it was close all the way to the finish. Non-stop action once we came in contact. He nailed an F2 before I even saw him, then I was able to take out his KV and a couple of small fry. As I moved forward, he whacked another F2, before giving up a T-34 as repayment.

Next we ran into two T-34's and began tossing shells back and forth with abandon. The screen was shaking from all the thunder. He got another F2 and my remaining two were able to knock out both of his T-34's.

Continuing, his last T-34 blasted one of my F2's and we were down to a tank apiece, blazing away.

I got a front turret penetration and his conscript crew bailed.

Whoa!!!!

Credit to the fact that I had regulars! Very close game, ebbing back and forth, very much fun!!!

Fourth Thread from the bottom???????????

Slackers! Boo must be on vacation or something. Oh yeah, he is off today.

Speaking of Boo, we just finished our little set-to and it was close all the way to the finish. (lies, falsehoods, and prevarications SNIPPED!)

The truth of the matter is that the gamey, little yoick cheated from move one.

First, he hung back for several moves, lulling my poor conscripts into ennui and complacency.

(Ennui and Complacency are small towns where the drinks pour freely as do the women...pour freely...or somefink)

Then, when my men were torpid and lethargic, his tankers wandered up, dressed as itinerant harmonica salesmen, catching my men totally off guard!

The next thing I knew, my drunken, diseased crews had SOLD their tanks for harmonicas, allegedly free lessons in how to play the aformentiond harmonicas and a years subscription to Harmonica Monthly!

A sad, sad day for Mother Russia.

Guest PondScum

<font size=-1>Non-stop action once we came in contact. He nailed an F2 before I even saw him, then I was able to take out his KV and a couple of small fry. As I moved forward, he whacked another F2, before giving up a T-34 as repayment.

Next we ran into two T-34's and began tossing shells back and forth with abandon. The screen was shaking from all the thunder. He got another F2 and my remaining two were able to knock out both of his T-34's.

Continuing, his last T-34 blasted one of my F2's and we were down to a tank apiece, blazing away.

I got a front turret penetration and his conscript crew bailed.

Whoa!!!!

</font>

Is someone in charge of this... this... GROG?

F2s? T34s? KVs? Once a clanketty thing, always a clanketty thing, that's what I say.

Harumph. Kids these days.

Next thing you know he'll be discussing harmonica tactics.

[ September 16, 2003, 02:54 AM: Message edited by: PondScum ]

And then there's the Cesspool...

You are a sick bastard, aren't you? Dragging this lot around to the beach on your weekend, unless you are indeed trying to drive home the point that she could have done much worse.

"Look Dearest, you could have Seanachai around all the time... you might have to put up with Hoe Squaw's rules and ramblings... dalem could be your brother...

and Boo Radley could be our dog. How terrible would that be?!? Hmm??? Kinda makes intense pain, a visit to the hospital, and surgery look like a picnic, doesn't it?"

[edited for UBB stuff]

[ September 16, 2003, 08:26 AM: Message edited by: Mouse ]

Originally posted by Mouse:

You are a sick bastard, aren't you?

Still bitter, eh Mouse?

I have explained a hundred times, but here goes, one more time:

I did not think it was necessary to explain to you, (given your....background), that those were not raisins in the Hamster Cage.

By the way, were you ever able to get the stain off your two front teeth?

Mike the Wino sends along a little all random QB abortion and then FORGETS THE PASSWORD!!!

Sheesh, you think it would occur to the idjit to use the same password for all his games. In his case, I suggest "Boone's Farm Tickle Pink"

He is now going to suffer through a rune scenario as part of a twelve step program.

SSN Hint Of The Day: Play office politics.

Now sod off.

Originally posted by Lars:

Mike the Wino sends along a little all random QB abortion and then FORGETS THE PASSWORD!!!

Truth be told I was a touch south of sober when I came up with that fiendish plan. And I had to create it twice due to intoxication being what it was, I made it as 1-player game. Then the whole password thing...sheeesh. Must remember not so clever as originally imagined in my boozed up state.

Now I must suffer the penalty of a Rune scenario, now with more suckage. Brought to you by people with a broken moral compass.

Guest PondScum
Originally posted by mon petite generale:

<font size=-1>Hey if anyone's bored and wants to try some of the maps I made for BB you can grab them at this place where my CM maps are stored, on the web. </font>

dalem's maps are highly recommended, in a "you get to surround Boo and pummel him mercilessly" kind of way.

Two ears^H^H^H^Hthumbs up.

He's still a cheese-eating poodle-walking surrender-monkey, though.

Originally posted by PondScum:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by mon petite generale:

<font size=-1>Hey if anyone's bored and wants to try some of the maps I made for BB you can grab them at this place where my CM maps are stored, on the web. </font>

dalem's maps are highly recommended, in a "you get to surround Boo and pummel him mercilessly" kind of way.

Two ears^H^H^H^Hthumbs up.

He's still a cheese-eating poodle-walking surrender-monkey, though. </font>

Originally posted by Persephone:

I think he meant to say "Puddle-of-Pus"....yuk!

Persephone

I assumed he was trying to give Pondscum some sort of 'Goodale Hug'.

If his meaning was along the lines suggested by you, Persephone, than the word 'lake' would have been more applicable to Pondscum.

Especially after that showy display of marksmanshop against my former AC last turn.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Any time you want a rematch, little PuddlePus, any time at all...

'PuddlePus'? Surely, Boo, this is beneath you... </font>

Originally posted by PondScum:

He's still a cheese-eating poodle-walking surrender-monkey, though.

All right, send me a setup and prove it. I need to get some game time under my belt in preparation for AK I think. I'm thinking something no bigger than 1000 points.

-dale