MODers Top Picks!

Modders--just for grins, I'd like you to tell the world your three favorite mods that you've done, and that others have done. We're all modsluts at heart, after all. This also might help those newbies who are asking "what mods should I get?"

I'll start. First with other people's mods, in no real order, complete with links:

</font>

• Juju's "Modslut Project" small arms mod. Because it's so damn cool.</font>
  • Strontium Dog's Hi-Res CMBB trees. A small mod that does a lot to add to the immersion of the game.</font>
  • The MikeyD/Mr. Noobie early King Tiger w/Zimmerit. I don't think I've actually ever used the KT in the game, but I load it up in the map editor and look at it a lot. smile.gif</font>

Of the ones I've made (again, in no particular order):

</font>

Zimorodok made me a fantastic winter king tiger for which i am grateful cos it looks so damn good. Mr Noobies T34 series of mods and Andrews Italian uniforms. But there are so many other mods done by talented modders that I could sit here all day and list them but I won't bore you all with that tongue.gif

1. DD's Terrain Mod (CMMOS)

2. DD's Terrain Mod

3. DD's Terrain Mod

My absolute favourite is DD's terrain mod (CMMOS).

I had no idea how it will look when i D/L it.

On the first look i immediately saw, that i had been playing for hours a scenario at dawn.

I was totally blown away.

All looks so realistic.

The colors are a dream.

For those who want to try it: it's on CMHQ.

[ June 15, 2003, 07:27 AM: Message edited by: Schoerner ]

Others:

Magua's Normandy Terrain Mod

Tom's Battle of the Bulge Winter Terrain Mod

Andrew Fox's Commonwealth Uniforms with Darknight's Canadian Insignia

I haven't found any mods necessary for CMBB, but I still like Andrew Fox's uniform work. Especially those Luftwaffe uniforms! ;)

My own:

My Assault Jerkin mod for CW D-Day troops in CMBO.

My ASL Interface mod for CMBO

My ASL Interface mod for CMBB which I actually managed to get time to do more of this weekend; I've decided to convert not just the interface, but the terrain as well.

00asl.jpg

Steve Hine's "Hill 621"

00asl1.jpg

Same scene in winter

00asl2.jpg

Unit Interface in ASL Veteran's "Streets of Stalingrad."

Still some work to do; I want to get the buildings to have more of a consistent colour between the various types. Not only are the terrain graphics reminiscent of the board game, but they're also functional - for example "Wooden" and "Stone" (ie light and heavy) buildings are now identifiable at a glance.

As glaring as the colours may seem at first (especially if you never played the board game), they actually make things a lot easier to see and identify in the game.

00asl3.jpg

00asl4.jpg

[ June 15, 2003, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Although I am not a modder just a modslut; I would like to add:

Fernando's Tanks and Half Tracks

Mike Duplessis's Hetzer

But my favorite is Michael Dorosh ASL interface.

I hope that Michael will continue to provide the ASL interface for CMAK. Please..Please..

Thanks to all you wonderful modders!!! ;)

Thought I'd give y'all a 'heads-up' on an upcoming mod pack (I'm all jazzed about it and can't keep it a secret).

I'm just about finished TOTALLY revamping all five types of German Stug IIIGs in the game!

The Stug IIIG was the workhorse of the Heer, and shows up a LOT. I figure this vehicle series especially deserved extra tender-loving-care. To date I've corrected several inaccuracies and given all five vehicles a consistent (and believable) base color. I'm now down to applying the camou schemes. As long as I don't mess that part up, you should be seeing a big fat Stug IIIG pack ready for downloading soon. It'll be worth the wait.

;)

STUG PACK!!! STUG PACK!!! :D

Sorry, got a little carried away there. Looking forward to this one. The stock versions are, like most of the art that came with the game, pretty darn good, but they just need a little something that I know you can give them. :cool:

Originally posted by Rob Murray:

I'm also adding Mikey D's " Convincing looking " rubble to this list. It's probably the best rubble mod that I've seen & there are no unsightly pink spots in it. It goes really well with DD's terrain mod. Available here .

But what bmp's should Mikey D's rubble replace? When I unzipped the cmmos zip to my bmp folder my rubble didn't change at all tongue.gif

Hmmmm.... If you threw a renamed CMMOS mod into the bmp folder it wouldn't overwrite the original bmps.

Try renaming the bmp files without the CMMOS additions if you want to overwrite. (it's not like there's that many rubble mods to swap back and forth!)

2180.bmp

2181.bmp

672.bmp

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

My own:

As glaring as the colours may seem at first (especially if you never played the board game), they actually make things a lot easier to see and identify in the game.

00asl3.jpg

Yes, I can see how much it helps. *grin*

Mr. Grog Dorosh,

I've been waiting since CMBB came out for your ASL total conversion for the interface and now you're introducing the maps as well! That looks awesome! Personally, I could see having 2 copies of CMBB....one for the "realistic" look and one for the ASL "gamers" look and I play whichever depending on mood...and I've been sifting through the ASLRB lately, so I've been seriously in the mood for some ASL.

Great job, keep us posted!

P.S. An update for VASL just came out the other night, grab it if you too have been in an ASL mood lately. :D

Originally posted by MikeyD:

I'm just about finished TOTALLY revamping all five types of German Stug IIIGs in the game!

To date I've corrected several inaccuracies and given all five vehicles a consistent (and believable) base color. ;)

Is there any chance of releasing your base colour stugs for us modders (to fart about with :D )Once you have released the full set.

As i have seen some amazing camo schemes which i would like to have a go at.

Yours HOPEFULLY :cool:

gautrek, I just finished adding markings to the plain yellow Stugs last night and I must say they're so pretty I hesitate to camou them!

Since you asked I'll try very hard to wrap up the final details on the yellow stugs tonight and post 'em Wednesday... Thursday at the latest.

Don't have a clue how big the download's going to be.

Any way back to the subject matter.

I refuse to pick 3 other top mods done by other people as how can i choose between such good stuff. :D

And as to my own top three and why .

they have to be

1)

Cv33.jpg

My Dusty Hungarian CV 33.As this was the first mod where i realised i had been following the tutorial wrong.( I am one of these people who don't need to read manuals :rolleyes: ).So while doing this mod i re read the tutorial.Changed how i did things .And i was well chuffed with how it turned out.

2)

wint37.jpg

Winter 37mm and 42mm Anti tank guns

This mod was done because i fancied a change from doing dusty mods.So i tried to go for a brushpainted effect.After much FARTING ABOUT and hours of experimenting i finally came up with this.

And i was well chuffed with this one as well.

3)

captt3441.jpg

Captured T34 1941

I picked this mod as my number three as i like working from old photos and this one turned out very nice.I had a bit of help from Vaders jester to sort out the turret crosses as i had spent hours trying to get them right.Also this mod shows how this community works.

I had uploaded this mod and within 20 mins of it being released Vader had emailed me the corrected crosses.he had done this off his own back with out any prompting from me.

And i have just realised that this is the old screenie with my crap crosses on .I must get round to redoing this screen shot.

So there you go my top three. :cool:

Edited because i am crap at speeling and graammer

[ June 17, 2003, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: gautrek ]

Originally posted by MikeyD:

gautrek, I just finished adding markings to the plain yellow Stugs last night and I must say they're so pretty I hesitate to camou them!

Since you asked I'll try very hard to wrap up the final details on the yellow stugs tonight and post 'em Wednesday... Thursday at the latest.

Don't have a clue how big the download's going to be.

Thanks Mike.

There is no rush it was just a thought.It saves me a load of work as i was going to do some stuggs the other night before i read your post.

And i can cope with the size as i'm on cable so no worries. :cool: