WOW! Great screenshot's of CMAK-Thanks!

Yes they look nice dont they smile.gif

But one thing annoyes me to the utmost limit. Why cant Battlefront just add more polygons to the soldiers as well..

They look so bad honestly, I wish they would do something to em just for the sake of realism feeling.

And I truly wait that in their next engine every soldier is drawn smile.gif

About the 'ugly' soldiers, if you were to go back to the original CMBO, then to the earliest CMBB, then each subsequent patch, I think you'll notice the soldier shapes and movements improving subtly. They now run better, they 'bounce' a bit when they walk, their head movements are more believable. I haven't seen CMAK but I'd bet further subtle refinements have been added since the final CMBB patch. These guys don't know how to let well-enough alone. ;)

Yum. Only faux pas I noticed was that the church still has the Orthodox cross - or was that supposed to be Greece?

I was very pleased to see all the vehicles with sponsons and subturrets, as well as an American tank I didn't recognize (had the same turret as the Grant, it appeared, but obviously was much smaller - perhaps an M2 light, though I didn't think they made it to North Africa). Perhaps it will come to me.

Originally posted by Alarmer:

Yes they look nice dont they smile.gif

But one thing annoyes me to the utmost limit. Why cant Battlefront just add more polygons to the soldiers as well..

They look so bad honestly, I wish they would do something to em just for the sake of realism feeling.

And I truly wait that in their next engine every soldier is drawn smile.gif

Gunnybunny?

I don't know about you, but I play for the gameplay, not the graphics. Lots of games out there have better graphics than the CM series but none of them come close in gameplay.

who or what is gunnybunny? smile.gif

Iam just a basic strategy gamer from Finland..

The graphics dont matter in a strategy game but then again asking for more isnt like screaming a blody murder is it..

I mean good graphics can be a huge realism factor there is no doubt about that. And somehow the "our pc:s cannot handle it" comment is quite out of date so to say. Since this isnt really a real time game, I bet the time new combat mission engine comes out our hardware is more than cabaple of handling more troops in screen and more polygons.

The problem must be in hardware because not to sound too blund if your a artist or so, creating little bit better looking troops cannot be a serious problem.

Btw iam sorry i didint notice the improvements that allrdy are there, now that I compare the new troops are clearly improvement. Hopefully the trend holds its lead and in CMAK we see better troop graphics.

Tanks imho are superb just the way they are, and they can be allways modded.

Originally posted by JasonC:

I like the dust.

I just hope it shows up on graphics cards that can't show CM fog - or that there is some sort of driver fix for that in our future.

The rainy Italian hillside is also nice...

Worry not - Dust isn't related to the fog graphic card issues smile.gif Dust is represented similarly to smoke,

Originally posted by JasonC:

I like the dust.

I just hope it shows up on graphics cards that can't show CM fog - or that there is some sort of driver fix for that in our future.

The rainy Italian hillside is also nice...

You bet, it looks real good. Would love some tracks in the sand too, but the dust looks very realistic.

Redoing the infantry model is EXTREMELY time consuming and difficult to do. As such this is one of the major revisions that the CMX2 engine has, the ability to much more easily create a modify models.

For CMAK, I dont think we will be making any significant soldier model changes, time is better spent in other areas.

Madmatt

Originally posted by dragonwagon:

I too enjoyed the sreenshots , Way Cool......But , The flame thrower affect out the gun barrels seems a little much for me. Kinda hollywood like.......Still cannot wait for the game though....... :cool:

Have to agree about the Hollywood gun blast. Although I haven't seen a tank fire in real life, I'm assuming they don't produce that sort of fireball. I thought the concussive effect in CMBO was more realistic.

Question for BFC regarding dust.

I read that dust colouds will be visible from vehicles that are out of LOS .... as they should be ! But will all vehicles cause dust and does it depend on the vehicles speed ?

I just know some gamey b@$!@¬# drive a few trucks up and down out of LOS to kick up a dust cloud .... and I'm so gullible I'll fall for it everytime :D

Originally posted by Lou2000:

I just know some gamey b@$!@¬# drive a few trucks up and down out of LOS to kick up a dust cloud .... and I'm so gullible I'll fall for it everytime :D

I'm not at all sure this would be gamey. If I were a general at that time in that place I'd do that very thing and call it tactics.

Other, more knowledgable guys, will probably prove me right in just a few minutes. ;)

Originally posted by Madmatt:

As such this is one of the major revisions that the CMX2 engine has, the ability to much more easily create a modify models.

Please, PLEASE make the 3D models external of the

EXE file, and in an easily convertable format

so that us modders can create or superdetail our

own 3D models for the game using 3D studio max...

It would be fun to see a mod of a Sherman with

real honest to god sandbags on the 3d Model :D

Or Finnish StuGs with logs on the sides :eek:

[ August 24, 2003, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: Ryan Crierie ]

I know I am late on this this topic, but I do want to add that the screenshots look absolutely GREAT by all standards.

I am really surprised how much you could get out of the "old" engine! Also, my constant claim that dust will be the most decisive graphical improvement seems to be proven!!

The tank textures are also great with their contrast and detail! Big advancements in this area!

As for critisism: I would really throw some more polygons on the tires, at least in highest LOD; octagons just do not cut it anymore ...

Other than that, I am very happy with what I see. It will be a great year for wargaming, as I see EYSA shaping up surprisingly nice, also!

Regards,

Thomm

Nice to see people already thinking up gamey tactics for CMAK.

I agree with Juju, trucks making diversionary dust clouds may not be all that far fetched. After all, the Allies did make fake truck bodies to put over their tanks, fake balloon tanks to move around the rear areas, and even loudspeakers in halftracks broadcasting sounds of a whole division in movement in attempts to fool the enemy. Gamey Bustards.

Originally posted by Juju:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lou2000:

I'm not at all sure this would be gamey. If I were a general at that time in that place I'd do that very thing and call it tactics.

Other, more knowledgable guys, will probably prove me right in just a few minutes. ;) </font>