What games are you playing beside CM?

Originally posted by Big Poppa Pump:

What is "BDG's BoB"?

Rowan's Battle of Britain with open-source code improvements from the BoB Developers Group (BDG). They've done some excellent work with a sim that had massive potential, but was shipped before it was finished. I return to this one, myself, from time to time...that is when I'm not too busy playing CM or IL2.

[ April 29, 2004, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: 62nd Army ]

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Heliotic:

Planescape Torment is the best role playing game ever. smile.gif

*Clearing throat* Ultima Underworld... Ultima Underworld II... But Torment was quite good too, for a computer RPG, as was Morrowind, but i prefer the pen-and-paper variety (now Cyberpunk, the simplicity gives GM overwhelming freedom, I like other RPGs too, Twilight2k, Shadowrun, even fantasy stuff).

On topic: HoI, Dominions 2, CMBB (no self respecting finn plays in the sand), Morrowind (again), Jagged Alliance 2 (for the umphteenth time)

I'll tell you what I *will* be playing...Rome: Total War! Just read a preview of this game and it looks like it has a lot of the bells and whistles we want from the next CM engine. I played Shogun a lot, but the feature I'm most excited about in Rome is the 3D strategic map, which apparently just zooms in when a battle is imminent :cool: If the developers make this work well, then goodbye whatever social life I had left after I found CMBB!!!

Just stumbled over an old copy of PG on my old harddisk that I keep as backup in my PC. Modified campaign with more core (and more enemy) units on hard. Failed to capture England... Now I am setting sights on Kiev.

So easy... so unsophisticated... so retro... such a classic!

Gruß

Joachim

The Worms sound file, not a CM one.

Whenever new weapons become available in Worms, you'll hear your team say, "Reinforcements have arrived"; for comic silliness, our preference is for the Ninja team's (mis)pronunciation.

Originally posted by eichenbaum:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />The sound file runs through my head everytime the "Reinforcements have arrived" box shows up during a CM game.

What sound file ? </font>

• 2 weeks later...

Whoever said BGII was one of the greatist RPGs ever is right. I blew like a year of my life on that game.

I haven't played Planescape: Torment, but after the dissapointment that was the Temple of Elemental Evil, i might see if i can find a copy.

Rome: Total War will be my next addiction. Fall semester of next year i will get NO work done, because i'll be conquering the Roman Empire (bwa ha ha ha ha!)

Recently, i've been playing Robin Hood: The Legand of Sherwood. It's Robin Hood with the Commandoes style. Good game.

However, i do need to get another game. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by theike:

I just got Blitzkrieg.

Im playing the tutorials now.

Should play my brother on it in about weeks;)

gna gna; sure looks like its gonna be alot of fun.

I always liked playing <font color="blue">Great Blue</font> in Blitzkrieg.

What's up theike, I haven't seen you around in a while. smile.gif

Hi GJK.

and what would be Great Blue?

a mod to blitzkrieg i guess?

tonight we are going to try a first game together...;)

Ive been pretty good, GJK.

Been doing alot of stuff but for once not behind my computer. I had some troubles with a script called aifind witch i could get rid of in any way, so i had to start new from scratch. But i cant get my CMBB to work anymore, my own cd doesnt get through some wav file in installation, and now with help of my brothers cd, i can start up a game and play (i guess, i havent played one jet) but i cant install the patches. With patch 1 there is a error...pitty, pitty, pitty.

Im going to have to try to do something about that.

Good thing is though; im drawing again now, instead of making cmbb maps i now back to my painting roots...lol.

and how are you doing?

Al well on The Proving Grounds?

Bet lot of thrilling scenarios still get made and played there;)

greats mate

I picked up my copy of Call of Duty here in my non descript town in China named Yancheng. I went to the department store, out of curiosity, ever since getting hooked on the demo, hoping to see if I can find a copy in Chinese. Voila! There it is! The best thing was the price 69 RMB. That's less than $9!!! Yee ha! The manual is in Chinese, BUT THE GAME IS COMPLETELY ORIGINAL, AND IN ENGLISH (not a bootleg!)! Amazing.

Originally posted by theike:

Hi GJK.

and what would be Great Blue?

a mod to blitzkrieg i guess?

Oh...you must be referring to the newer PC game of Blitzkrieg. I was referring to the old

hexes and counters game. :)

That link has Blitzkrieg for cyberboard with the expansion pack that Strategy&Tactics (I think) put out...cool, something to play later today!

I'm doing great, The Proving Grounds is really taking off. Lot's of scenarios in various stages of playtesting, lots of opponents...having a ball with it. We miss your maps though!

If you paint half as well as you make CM maps, you would be making some nice artwork then! Do you sell any of your works? Perhaps on ebay?

Glad you're doing well....I'll let this thread get back on topic now. smile.gif

Good to hear the Grounds is doing so well.

Kinda like half the scenarios posted on the depot where tried out on the Grounds. That might be a bit bold, but isnt it true?...;)

Yes, GJK i mean the recent Blitzkrieg pc game.

Ive played some now, and i have to say, not the most delicate of games;) Fun though, fun it is.

to make this a cmbb topic? in comparison cmbb is the better refined, better ballanced and more human of the two games. But then again who of u cOUld give us a game thats better in (the illuster world of) making a war game then Combat Mission?

Originally posted by Joachim:

Just stumbled over an old copy of PG on my old harddisk that I keep as backup in my PC.......

Does any one know where or whether this game is still available?? I lost it long time ago...(shame on me) and since trying to find it somewhere...

this whole WW2 gaming started with PG1 for me so for old time sake I am desperate to fpurchase it again..

any one an idea?