1.02 bug?

Originally posted by Schrullenhaft:

This is normal. It's an uncorrected minor problem at this point. You'll notice the same for the Russian BT-2.

It is not "normal", it didn't do this before 1.02 (Or did it and I'm crazy because I didn't notice?)

Admittedly minor, it *feels* pretty wrong so far.

[ February 11, 2003, 11:35 PM: Message edited by: Walpurgis Night ]

From a model standpoint, check out the upper front hull. The E/G model has a flush front while the A is indented. The important thing is that the armor was upgraded with the E/G to be (roughly) twice as thick as the A. Now that you know what to look for you can better tell which is which if you happen to have mixed elements in the same game.

Steve

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

From a model standpoint, check out the upper front hull. The E/G model has a flush front while the A is indented. The important thing is that the armor was upgraded with the E/G to be (roughly) twice as thick as the A. Now that you know what to look for you can better tell which is which if you happen to have mixed elements in the same game.

Steve

The 'E' also has a drivers hatch, whereas the 'A' does not.

Originally posted by Schrullenhaft:

This is normal. It's an uncorrected minor problem at this point. You'll notice the same for the Russian BT-2.

Don't know how minor it is, since it seems to be a problem with a pointer encoded in the .exe. The old profile .bmp files (T38 = 12179 / BT2 = 14979) have not been over-written, nor have new ones been installed.

Hmmmm, but then again, maybe the new .bmp files are done, but just got left out of the patch by mistake?

[ February 12, 2003, 01:57 AM: Message edited by: von Lucke ]

Although this "bug" is more an annoyance I'm hoping the guys at BFC will still release a 1.03 patch at some stage to clean up these glitches. It just isn't going to sit right with me to be using a Pz 38 or BT2 but see it depicted on the info screen at the bottom as a Panther! If it was a Pz35 picture then no big deal but the diference between a Panther & a Pz 38 is fairly much at the extreme scale of things as far as depictions go IMO.

Regards

Jim R.