Right that's It!! I've had enough...grrrrrrr!!!

Right you lot...Listen and listen up GOOD!! :mad:

I am sick to my back teeth of this place casually referring to the fine and upstanding CM:BB title as a "game" I got news for ya buddies...CM:BB is not a game. You get that?? It is not a G-A-M-E!!!! CM:BB is an accurate simulation of combat on the Eastern Front. It is therefore a COMBAT SIMULATION.

I have mentioned this, in passing, before but I would have been just as well going out and shouting it across the Steppe for all the notice that's been taken

<Sob!> <Sob!>...You don't know how hard I have tried to convince my wife that I don't indulge in games....<sob>...despite all my efforts....<sniff>...she still comments - "Is that you playing that bloody game again!!...Sigh!!!"..and all you guys do exactly the same thing and call it a game. How am I to convince her it is anything but that?? Eh? Answer me that!!

Need any more convincing?? Oh !! Ya Do, Do Ya???...well here you go. Is CM:BB like any of the following:

1. Rayman??......NO!!

2. Diablo 2??......NO!!

3. Army Men 3D??..[squeaky voice from the back - "well kindda"]...Shut Up!!..NO!!

4. Barbie Explorer??....NO!!

5. Spiderman??....NO!!

Need I go on??...I think not!!

OH!! and while I'm on the topic it is equally as..... :mad: grrrr :mad: ...when certain members (read ALL!!!) refer to the their time immersed within the experience of CM:BB as "playing" We do not P-L-A-Y CM:BB. We E-X-P-E-R-I-E-N-C-E it!! :mad:

So we got that?? From now on we refer to things as follows (please insert your own relationship status, Gender etc. in place of Husband and Wife):

Wife: Hi Honey!! Whattcha doing?? I certainly hope that your not wasting time on a bloody game!!!

Husband: Why No CatKins! I'm experiencing a combat simulation.

Wife [in a tone of admiration]: Wow!! You are so intelligent and articulate. I love you so very very much and I want to meet every one of your needs and desires for ever and ever.

So I'm done....I hope this time my words haven't fallen on deaf ears :mad: . To make sure, I'm gonna be policing this forum from now on in a kindda "Guardian Angels" role...but I'm calling it the SCAG Patrol ( top [C]alling it [A] [G]ame - I know I cheated with missing out da in "it" but I couldn't call it SCIAG Patrol..could I?..It sounds dumb :( )

MG-42

SCAG Patrol

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think thats bad? My girlfriend can't even get the name right!

She still refers to CM as "Super Squad Commando" (actually a pretty cool name when you think about it!).

As to the content of it, well, lets just say that she aint too impressed. :(

Yeah, thanks hun! I spent the last few years of my life working on CMBB and all it generates outa her when I talk about it is a blank stare and a yawn...nice.

Madmatt

p.s. In the end though, its really just a GAME!

[ April 18, 2003, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

Hell you guys think you have problems ....

My wife has ocassionally started watching my PBEM turns ...

She actually offered 'advice'... :D

She's even asked if I'll show her how to play :eek:

Now my 12yo son wanting to play CMBO is one thing .... but the wife - Not a chance!!!!

P.S. I'll have to be quick on this posting I've just got 2 PBEM turns in and shes heading this way :(

Originally posted by Madmatt:

You think thats bad? My girlfriend can't even get the name right!

She still refers to CM as "Super Squad Commando" (

Awww come on Matt. Your being harsh. It's quite easy for "Combat Mission" to be mis-pronounced as "Super Squad Commando" :rolleyes:

As for "Super Squad Commando" sounding cool..eemmm..can't agree with you there sounds like a wacky Japanese Manga/Godzilla-esque movie.

Regards

MG-42

P.S. I'll ignore your P.S...just...this..once seeing as your the Head Honcho. But remeber it's the only one that's free :mad:

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Madmatt

p.s. In the end though, its really just a GAME!

Thanks for that Madmatt... I already thought MG 42 is trying to tell us we are experience some kind of job or so ;) .

B.t.w. MG 42 in my opinion a simulation is something you normally do in real life. Like flying a plane, driving a tank or playing a soldier.

But, if it makes your wife happy….. I spent almost all of my free time to experience CMBB. ;)

Originally posted by Lou2000:

Hell you guys think you have problems ....

My wife has ocassionally started watching my PBEM turns ...

She actually offered 'advice'... :D

She's even asked if I'll show her how to play :eek:

Now my 12yo son wanting to play CMBO is one thing .... but the wife - Not a chance!!!!

P.S. I'll have to be quick on this posting I've just got 2 PBEM turns in and shes heading this way :(

Is her advise bad?If so,i say you should take it. :D

Was it her idea to put the tiger on the hill? tongue.gif:D

mine just calls it "Tanks" as in, "are you coming to bed or are you going to play with your Tanks all night again." When she found out I spend more time modding the game than playing it, she got really angry with me...somehow playing the game is better than futzing with it.

and she also didn't much care for the fact that (despite all the time I spend camo'ing the tanks) the game doesn't 'take into account' the camo of the vehicle. It could be bright yellow for all the game cares.

Zimorodok

[ April 18, 2003, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: Zimorodok ]

My wife actually makes me cool scenarios and maps and operations to play against the AI. Which is nice. She refuses to play the "tank game" as she has other more intricate pursuits to well, em pursue.

But to have a missus that makes games is cool I reckon cos u never know what the female mind can concoct given 2000 square meters and a few "big tanks" and some "little men".

My wife thinks the maps are cool but hates the sound effects.

She really hated it when I was playing close combat (before CM existed) which had a particular phrase, "The blood the blood" which drove her crazy.

She doesn't understand at all when I mentioned that I was getting some favorable reviews on my scenarios.

She looked puzzled, "you mean other people actually PLAY them"....oh the pain.

Originally posted by nevermind:

Is her advise bad?If so,i say you should take it.

Was it her idea to put the tiger on the hill? [/QB]

Nevermind:

Yep her advice is bad ... NO I dont take it.. smile.gif

And as for the Tiger on the hill ....

Would that be the one that sent 3 of your T-34's into reverse gear from a range of 1200 mtrs :D

Sgt_kelly:

She's not offering advice (yet) but she's actually reading this as I type (honest .. damn thats scary :eek: )She's actually read the whole thread ..... Oh the shame of it redface.gif

Madmatt .... Any chance of another forum being opened ?

How about a Combat Mission Widows forum !!

PS This posting has been vetted and approved by 'High Command'

My girlfriend doesn't mind, but she won't play CMBB. :(

The best I could do was to get her hooked on UO first and now DAoC. Woot! Give her somefink to do and leaves me precious time to handle my PBEMs. As an added bonus there is no bitching about my gaming. :D

She does read the forum occasionally, like we when she hears me howling in laughter and finds me on the floor in a giggling fit. Speaking of which, we need more Rommell22 threads, the pet one just about made me piss myself.

HA! My wife took a quick glance at the screen once and asked if I was playing Computer Golf!

Hehe, me nephew asked me If I was going to buy and X-Box and I said there is room for only one computer game in my life: Combat Mission. He seemed pretty impressed as I told him how I played against people from all over the world by e-mail. He then asked me if I won alot....before I even got an answer out of my mouth my wife chimed in: Sure he wins....until he started playing people smarter than he is!!!! redface.gif :eek: :mad:

-Sarge