FAQ - Combat Mission : Afrika Korps

Given the importance of fortifications (Tobruk etc.), will there be any changes to CM's modelling of fortifications? Will there be actual building types (enterable and exitable) representing different kinds of bunkers and blockhouses? Can we place tank ditches in the editor?

Originally posted by M1A1TankCommander:

Different type of bunkers would be a welcome addition, like a mortar pit, anti-air bunker, or a tank turret. Also I would like to see armored trains. :rolleyes:

I'll second the mortar pit request. I'd like to see an immobile form of the on-map mortar with more ammo, purchasable with fortification points.

Originally posted by phil stanbridge:

I honestly don't think we'll see anything new apart from the obvious things like graphics and sound. Maybe they can tweak a few things here and there, but I'm not expecting mircales.

Thank God, the voice of reason. Considering they didn't promise anything beyond what you mention, you'll likely not be disappointed. ;)

Shadow - are you sure you're not talking about 6 pounder anti-tank guns? Lots of photos of them being used in Ortona; I wasn't familiar with the use of 25 pounder guns used there in the direct fire role.

I would love for rooftops to be modelled seperately, too; hope they do so in the rewrite.

Just give me a large enough OoB and different terrain tiles so I can play all of my CMBO favorites using CMAK quality graphics. :D

I REALLY am NOT looking forward to orderring green Italian troops to attack a strongpoint crossing a flat, open desert. Changing all of those "sneak" orders for my Eyties will surely be a forgettable experience. :rolleyes:

What will will be able create in CMAK? There weren't too many SS troops in this theater after early '44, so will our options be limited? No King Tigers--but Ferdinands!

Can we depict those rare battles where Italians fought Germans? It happened...

I am looking forward to using different units and vehicles. I am excited about using Grants and Lees. Variety is everything. So, maybe charging across open desert with crap Italian TANKS might be entertaining. :confused:

The most pressing question I have is: will I EVER be able to play Blitzkrieg and Pacific war CM before I die? I ain't getting any younger...

It looks like we will wait two years to replay CMBO and CMBB using CMX2, so, when will we get other theaters?

Please, God, let me live long enough to use B1s and Ha-Go tanks! tongue.gif

Originally posted by M1A1TankCommander:

Also I would like to see armored trains.

I don't think there were any armored trains in the area covered by CMAK. There were a few instance of rail artillery, but as far as CM is concerned its effects will be no different than any artillery of that caliber. It was used by the Germans at Anzio as harrassing fire as the rate of fire of the single gun was too slow to be of much use in tactical situations as covered by CM.

Michael

Originally posted by tooz:

Just give me a large enough OoB and different terrain tiles so I can play all of my CMBO favorites using CMAK quality graphics. :D

:D

Now there's a question...

Will we be able to play CMBO scenarios in CMAK utilizing the better graphics? :D

Now that really would rock. :cool:

Originally posted by zukkov:

what about the uniforms? are we going to see the troops wearing desert kaki shorts? and are they going to have those pretty palm tree emblems? and pith helmets too? lol...

Good point. I think this may require BTS to perhaps make a special "soldier wearing shorts" 3D model becasue I don't think it will look right if they stick with the up till now standard "long sleeves/pants" soldier models we have seen in CMBO and CMBB.

Lt Bull