Using Canister on the Peng Challenge: Too Hollywood or just a Good Idea?

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Are you SURE you're not from Australia? I only ask because they're commonly the ones who are so stupid that they can't quite fathom the concept of checking their INBOX!

Joe

Wait! Does this mean that you're telling me that you've sent TWO moves in one day???

No...I can't...believe....

This...can't be...happening...

What...? Look...LOOK!

MEIN FUHRER! I CAN WALK!!!

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Are you SURE you're not from Australia? I only ask because they're commonly the ones who are so stupid that they can't quite fathom the concept of checking their INBOX!

Joe

Wait! Does this mean that you're telling me that you've sent TWO moves in one day???

No...I can't...believe....

This...can't be...happening...

What...? Look...LOOK!

MEIN FUHRER! I CAN WALK!!! </font>

Whoa!

The Justicar is clearly in the zone!

Here's a recap for those of you scoring at home:

1)-rune: dispatched with little effort using the Bookmark/Press to Talk combination

2)-R_Leete: A brief but pointed explanation of death as it applies to certain websites , followed by an appeal for reason was enough to send this challenger scurrying for cover.

3)-mace-The Daffy Duck analogy was a clear knockout.

4)-Boo_Radley-A reference to the correct in-box usage, along with an Australian comparison staggered the good Ohioan. Still game he was then dispatched using the old memory issue ploy, which mercifully ended that bout.

Okay, who's next to take on The Champ!

[ June 26, 2003, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: Jim Boggs ]

Guest PondScum
Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

<font size=-1>The Justicar is clearly in the zone!

Okay, who's next to take on The Champ!<font>

He's still on the ropes from my post of last night.

And now for some more gamey updates:

</font>

• Boo is acting all surprised that I've got a Sherman. Me, I'm just trying to fit in with dalem's "badlands" map. This looks more like the western front and less like the Russian steppe than anything I've seen outside of rune's little circle of hell.</font>
  • Noba is acting all surprised that I actually moved my Panthers in "von Lauchert stomps all over the Russian armored hordes". Closing in for the kill is apparently an alien concept to him.</font>
  • Papa Khann will be acting all surprised when he sees what happened last turn in "When worlds collide the Germans get a black eye". His only remaining clanketty thing near the central flag just got pummelled by a gun, rocketed by a Sturmovik, and stuck in a flaming wheatfield, all within 30 seconds. I'm introducing him to the concept of adding injury to insult.</font>
  • chrisl is acting all surprised that his few remaining troops haven't auto-surrendered yet. I'm introducing him to the concept of Italians retreating forwards.</font>
  • Mouse would be acting all surprised about something if he would actually send the first turn back. He's got some lame excuse based around the concept of working.</font>
  • dalem... well, let's just say that mon petite persiflaging general doesn't have to act surprised about anything, if you know what I mean. We're both working on the concept of assaulting through rubble without Dying A Lot.</font>

Well I'm feeling pretty good, my curveball is popping, I've got some heat on my fastball ... I feel like I can help the team.

Joe

And you upgraded to 1.03 you boob. I'll never finish this hellgame with which you've saddled me.

It is the only balls Joebob ever had.

I even spoke with the Loathed one, and he may make an appearence...in the meantime, the new web site which Joebob in his senile years forgot is running, can now give anyone who loses to him the * of shame.

Since he never returns turns, no one ever fear getting it.

Rune

Originally posted by rune:

It is the only balls Joebob ever had.

I even spoke with the Loathed one, and he may make an appearence...in the meantime, the new web site which Joebob in his senile years forgot is running, can now give anyone who loses to him the * of shame.

Since he never returns turns, no one ever fear getting it.

Rune

Ah rune what a pity ... you started out with some promise this time lad, it looked as if, for one brief, all too fleeting moment, you'd actually post something of value, of wit and humor and biting verve here!

But then you came down off of your Copier Toner High (albeit with a black nose ... don't get me wrong, on you it looks good) and our hopes were bitterly dashed yet again.

We've come to expect it from you.

Joe

[ June 26, 2003, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]

He whose very name is synonymous (or at least HOMOnymous ... not that there's anything wrong with that) with that which is battered and useless?

Er... that would be RUIN ya dolt. RUNE would be a letter of an alphabet designed to be carved into wood and stone because the people who invented it were too daft to invent paper (not surprising when you look at some of the people around here that call them ancestors)

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

Whoa!

The Justicar is clearly in the zone!

Here's a recap for those of you scoring at home:

1)-rune: dispatched with little effort using the Bookmark/Press to Talk combination

2)-R_Leete: A brief but pointed explanation of death as it applies to certain websites , followed by an appeal for reason was enough to send this challenger scurrying for cover.

3)-mace-The Daffy Duck analogy was a clear knockout.

4)-Boo_Radley-A reference to the correct in-box usage, along with an Australian comparison staggered the good Ohioan. Still game he was then dispatched using the old memory issue ploy, which mercifully ended that bout.

Okay, who's next to take on The Champ!

Lookin' to become the official shaving house toady? That was revolting

Dear Noba,

Thank you for reinforcing my points. Your, Sir, are a gentleman. Don't play in snow, dark, rain, mud or any bad weather, huh? I will contact Charles and ask him to leave these things out of all future CM variations since from what you say no one fights battles in them.

The conditions for our game were decided by random selection not by me. The only thing I chose was heavy damage (I wanted to see what it looked like) and this benefited no one but the attacker (you) by providing you with more cover.

You have requested a rematch and I shall grant it. This time you may decide all the terms. I care not. Bright sunny dry day with you having all elephants and me started with nothing but broken conscript attacking Russians...sure. Whatever you want. I once said a similar thing and faced Mech. Vet. Germans with big nasty boom boom tanky thingies and all I had was conscript Polish infantry and I dispatched my opponant handily. Are you are not half the player she was.

Love,

Elvis

Now look lads, I've created this continent all off by itself with nothing but water as far as the eye can see, and salt water at that. I've made 90% of it so scorching hot that even Berli wouldn't live there. The waters, salt so you can't drink it, teem with Great White Sharks and jellyfish ... JELLYFISH for the love of ME ... that can bloody well kill you and I've surrounded the whole continent with a deadly coral reef that's so big I can see it from my living room. I've carefully placed all SORTS of inimical wildlife including the 10 most deadly snakes in the world and a cross between a duck, a beaver and a reptile with a poison spine on it's foot AND salt water crocodiles that'll snap you in half just for looking at them. I made sure that the inhabitants were descended from either stone age primitives or convicts from ENGLAND. Do ya think that MAYBE I was trying to get a point across? Do I have to put up a SIGN

* GOD's COUNTRY *

* All you other bastages, *

* don't even think of entering.*

* If you don't get the message *

* I've put a few obstacles *

* to stop you nongs from getting*

* in. *

* get a beer in ya! *

* love, GOD *

Well I'm feeling pretty good, my curveball is popping, I've got some heat on my fastball ... I feel like I can help the team.

Joe

Ok Old Foul Joe.

Go back and read the rules....you're not supposed to prattle on ABOUT YOUR PAIR, but you may waffle as IF you had them. Which you don't. (Roger Wilco will never be the same after sending your high - pitched squealings.....)

Pillock.

And God'sOwn was designed to keep the likes of you lot OUT. Get it right !

Noba.

Originally posted by Elvis:

Dear Noba,

BlahBlahBlahBlah.............

Love,

Elvis

Been drinking fox pee again ? Actually, reading too many Shaw posts does it as well.

As you were verbosely saying, I shall send you something more appropriate to your skill level. A Very Small Battle.

Expect it some time tomorrow.

Kisses,

Noba.

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Everybody needs a toady.

Now, where's that bucket and bat?

SSN Hint Of The Day: Open umbrellas in crowded hallways.

Now sod off.

Hmmm...toady? Okay if that means a true appreciation for a remarkable achievement, then I'm okay with that. I guess I am also a toady for Nidan and Lurkur as well. To a certain extent I would list Boo_Radley in that mix.

But do not worry Berli, I don't think you have ever done or posted anything that I would consider remarkable. So you can rest easy, at least until the sun comes up.

Just 'cause YOU don't get any fan mail is no reason to disparage MY public ... now if you'll excuse me I have to sign copies of my newest book "The Justicar Rides Again!" ... $17.95 at fine booksellers everywhere ... except Chicago where the only "books" have lots of photos and titles with words like "Big", "Teenie", and "Wet" featured in them ... not that there's anything wrong with that.

Joe

[ June 27, 2003, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]

...my newest book "The Justicar Rides Again!" ... $17.95 at fine booksellers everywhere ...

Joe

Wow. Fairly pricey for a coloring book, wouldn't you say?

As for the Flammenpanzers, when that one nailed your T-34 and the thing JUST EXPLODED? That was fun!

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

...my newest book "The Justicar Rides Again!" ... $17.95 at fine booksellers everywhere ...

Joe

Wow. Fairly pricey for a coloring book, wouldn't you say?

As for the Flammenpanzers, when that one nailed your T-34 and the thing JUST EXPLODED? That was fun! </font>

I need two volunteers to test my latest. In honor of a battle during Joe's time, i have created this:

Title: Rourke's Drift

Type: Allied Assault

Date: Jan 22, 1879

Region: South

Weather: Clear, hot, dry

Terrain: Steppes and Small Hill

Wind: Breeze from the E

Turns: 15+

Best played as: Two Player.

Author: Tim 'Rune' Orosz

Background: The men of "B" company 2/24th Regiment and others who had been ordered to stay behind at the Rorke’s Drift supply depot had reason for feeling left-out. The rest of the column had gone farther into Zululand with the intent on destroying the capital at Ondini (Ulundi).

Lt. Chard was left behind to build a bridge. having no military experince in warfare, he was the ranking officer and in command.

As the sound of distant gunfire was heard, followed by heavy artillery, several men climbed Oscarsberg Hill to see what was happening...what they saw was a mass of zulu's heading directly for them.

By now, survivors of the battle at Isandlwana had reached the drift, and told of how the column was wiped out.

Some Natal Horsemen rode into camp, and were ordered to slow down the impi. After too brief gunfire, they were seen riding away.

This left the 139 defenders of Rourke's drift alone. Making walls of Mealie (maize/corn) sacks, each weighing 200 lbs, they prepared for what awaited them.

Lts. Chard and Bromhead readied the defenders...as the Indluyengwe Regiment of over 3000 Zulus appeared.

Let me know if you are itnerested in testing it out.

Rune