Can Vehicles randomly explode?

You mean in a middle of a line of vehicles? First of all, mines are not 100% sure shot weapons; sometimes a handful of vehicles pass through unscathed - and unaware - before someone trips a mine.

Also, you can never see the opponent's mines in the aftermath screen, although all the rest of his equipment is clearly visible.

Originally posted by Bone_Vulture:

Also, you can never see the opponent's mines in the aftermath screen, although all the rest of his equipment is clearly visible.

I've seen opponent's mines. Do you mean you can only see the opponent's mines that you have uncovered during play? So, if you didn't uncover his mines you want see those hidden mines in the after action screen?

That can't be right either because sometimes looking at the after action screen I've seen mines on parts of the map and remember thinking "I'm glad I didn't try going that way!".

BFC rather enjoys combining thin-skinned armor with big explosions. The only thing that makes a bigger bang than an expoding HT is a Bren carrier! Halftracks only have about 8mm armor. A German MG42 machine gun could've pierced it from 400m and set it off. Now if a Panther explodes without reason, THAT would be a cause of concern!

I am reminded of a story told to me by an old german named henrich, His battalion had arived in a pro german town in russia, they were driving through when one truck sudenly turned and everybody bailed out, it then burst into flame and then exploded, A freak electrical short had ignited the fuel pump and the fire spread to the fuel tank, a few boxes of ammo only made it a bigger mess, no casualtys, but a very embarassed head mechanic,,,

Originally posted by MikeyD:

BFC rather enjoys combining thin-skinned armor with big explosions. The only thing that makes a bigger bang than an expoding HT is a Bren carrier! Halftracks only have about 8mm armor. A German MG42 machine gun could've pierced it from 400m and set it off. Now if a Panther explodes without reason, THAT would be a cause of concern!

That's gotta be it, the MG-42. Or maybe an AT rifle team(depending on time of battle).

As for mines, yours or the enemies you would know for sure in the AAR. Aircraft attack, well that would be very noticable. But the MG-42 probably fired off a single lucky burst and the HT went boom, which isn't all that uncommon. If possible, i forget if it shows you, check the ammo loadouts of any enemy MG's or AT rifle teams to see if they fired at all. Assuming you surrendered immediately to find the culprit after said turn.