Thanks, guys

I suppose I shouldn't even comment on this one (Matt--feel free to slap a big ol' padlock on this one) but I wanted to thank those that voiced a note of support in that thread, the locked onewhere I was basically accused of being a Nazi lover because of a screenshot of a halftrack mod. :(

I suppose if I was to release a screenshot of the mod accompanied by a screed about racial purity then that would be warranted. But all it is is a mod. It's a graphic for a game that I based it off a period photograph I found interesting. It's not a statement of belief or even admiration.

I'm not going to waste time defending myself. I just felt the need to reply somehow I as I was dragged through the dirt and wasn't around to respond. Quite frankly I feel a little violated and offended.

That's all.

Nothing more to see here. Move along. smile.gif

I missed the accusation too. As a fellow modder I would just like to say that I know you and I and all the other modders do this because we want a great-looking game and for no other reason at all. Excuse the language but anyone who suggests otherwise is a complete a*sehole.

BTW - your revised Heer uniforms are outstanding, as is all your work. :D

ike and andy, you guys don't need to defend yourselves to the group. once in awhile, some idiot's going to come around and stir up trouble. i think the best thing the group can do is ignore them rather than defend or counter-flame. if no one responds, they no longer have a reason to post. in these cases our silence would be athunderous!

in any case, much thanks to both of you for your contributions to the game!

Andrew.....There are always idiots who have to hate something! As a tester back in 1994 for a game called "Across The Rhine" our game was delayed for almost a full year because of these same people calling anyone envolved in the game "Nazi Lovers" because of the SS emblems on the vehicles!

The game sucked....only because it was badly designed...not because of the protesters.

I have enjoyed your "art" and want to let you know that there are hundreds of wargamers that want authenticity in their game....not political correctness!. Keep the wonderful mods comming! ;)

None of you modders had been doubted of in any way by the community, nore were your mods, nore was Eichenbaums site.

I think the general reason why so many people replied on the accusations yesterday, was that it was done is such a demeaming way. When a few spoke out about it they also got accused and bad mouthed.

So there wend a ball on rolling.

Anyways, it has all ended now, and i dont have any less respect for all the people around here then before, if it changed; i have more now, not less. I have to say Eichenbaum after being so kicked and down showed me he was of a great karakter.

cheers

[ August 18, 2003, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: theike ]

Andrew, your work is fabulous and that chap was completely out of order in what he accused you of. Don't feel disheartened because for every 1 person that complains, there are 1,000 silent people who just download an AndrewTF mod and love it (like me).

I believe that you have already received my thanks in kind Andrew ;)

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

logo.gif

-----------------------------------------------------

</font>

• Sponsor of the (now infamous) Invitational (Ari Maenpaa)</font>
  • Sponsor of the 2 WineCape Tourneys (Fangorn’s Brazilian customs drank the wine prize up! + KiwiJoe)</font>
  • Sponsor of the Nordic Championships in honor of Nabla (His scoring system revolutionized CM tourney play)</font>
  • Rumblings of War, aka RoW I/II/III and beyond tourney sponsor (Wreck/Ali+Kanonier+Jon_L/~)</font>
  • Grateful donateur to the drinking habits of Battlefront.com (Baldy received the Fat Bastard Chardonnay)</font>
  • Thank You donation send to Manx (He used to run the “sexiest CMBO modsite on the net”)</font>
  • Wine donation send to Team Boots & Tracks for their scenarios created specifically for RoW tournaments</font>
  • Wine donation send to Gordon Molek for his CMMOS utility (Thereby making the installing of CM mods a breeze)</font>
  • Wine donation send to Andrew Fox for his CM modding work</font>
  • Wine donation send to Keith Miller @ Scenario Depot for his dedication in hosting CM scenarios</font>
  • Sponsor-to-be of Pengville’s “Gamey Bastard” tourney (In honor of Seanachai + Lars for showing an act of kindness to an outerboarder - Well, bribery does pay.)</font>

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

I'm not going to waste time defending myself.

And what on earth for? We're witchoo, Andrew. smile.gif

And for those who missed the 'accusation': it was directed at me, as I was being mistaken for being the author of Andrew's HT Mod. Guess I'm lucky he didn't see my swastika pack. ;)

There was nothing wrong with the mod or the web site dedicated to CM. That guy was just looking for attention. Who in their right mind could possibly come into this forum about a WWII strategy simulator and start throwing around accusations of people being neo-nazis? Is this cat for real or what? What does he think the Fourth Reich is being started at Battlefront?

The whole post was so ridiculous I couldn't believe my eyes when I read it. No wonder this guy has been warned by Battlefront to knock it off.

That poster doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. If he had done even a modicum of research, he would have seen you have completed mods for the Italians, Romanians, Russians, Hungarians, not to mention all those ones from CMBO. You're probably the most "apolitical" modder out there. Keep up the good work Andrew.

Cheers,

Jason

All the famous ones have to attacked/stalked/slandered by someone at least once. Consider it a rite of passage.

--------------------

Marc S

Boots & Tracks

That is exactly correct. Having dealt recently with a troll myself at the Scenario Depot, it seems there is no shortage of non productive, uneducated critics in the world that like nothing better than to tear down the hard work of others for no useful purpose.

jw

[ August 18, 2003, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: jwxspoon ]

Thanks again. I know that the guy was just an irrational idiot, but it was a bit shocking to come home after a Sunday barbeque at my parents' house and find myself pulled into this unpleasantness that started when he was haranguing poor Eichenbaum for god-knows-what.

Admittedly, overt display of swastika flags is usually in very bad taste (and I really thought hard about deciding to put the aerial recognition flag on the mod for just that reason), but I would like to think that all of us--well, most of us anyhow--on this forum are mature enough to understand its use its historical context.

smile.gif

I got the CDV version of this game and my first action after a quick loss to the AI was to mod the axis flags to add a swastica.

Little did I know the long lonely road I was to follow. Suddenly my next door neighbour, a butch motorcycle rider wearing large amounts of shiney leather, was seen in a whole new light.

I have begun to learn german as well (Are capital letters in the middle of sentences different words : sie and Sie?). There is a guy in my street that has built a plastic model of a Tiger tank and his brother owns the video Das Boot.

I hope to organise a rally as soon as my uniform arrives in the post.

Kudos AndrewTF - The comments were enough to make me laugh. Your work is quality, nothing more nothing less. Your reputation is untarnished as far as I am concerned

I'll just weigh in with my vote of support for all modders who take the time and effort to produce graphics for the CM games. I have little reason to doubt that you will all be doing the same for the Med when it hits the streets and am very much looking forward to seeing the results of your labours in the fullness of time.

I sincerely hope that we haven't reached a point in time where members of this board or of the public cannot differentiate between the production of a graphical representation of a historical insignia and active advocation of the principles represented by that insignia. I wholeheartedly support the rejection of Nazism: neo or otherwise but would further say that the supporters of that particular philosophy are more likely to be working their deviant little schemes in the dark and quiet of the night and not in the full glare of this board.

I confidently say that if there was ever collected together a better informed group of individuals about the whole period in question than on this board then I have not yet encountered them. Knowledge of the facts is the greatest defence against re-occurance and, as I said, I know of no better collection of knowledge on the period than here. Please do not be hasty to judge. Collectively this board could be a considerable resource to draw on and educate those who wish to learn.

I hope I have not gone too far. If I have caused offence I apologise now but my support for the modders remains unaltered.

Originally posted by Juju:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by AndrewTF:

I'm not going to waste time defending myself.

And what on earth for? We're witchoo, Andrew. smile.gif

And for those who missed the 'accusation': it was directed at me, as I was being mistaken for being the author of Andrew's HT Mod. Guess I'm lucky he didn't see my swastika pack. ;) </font>

Wow, I just got through reading the threads in question.

:eek: and :mad: turning to :rolleyes:

The stuff you can miss here in two days!

I'm fully behind all you modders out there (no homosexual pun intended) who bust your buns (again, no pun) making historically accurate mods for the rest of us to enjoy.