Top Ten Reasons Everyone Whines Too Much

1. You didn't code the game, stop thinking you know what you are talking about.

2. It's a game, repeat after me, it's only a game.

3. No, they won't open the code to third parties to add models and laser guns.

4. No, they won't export CM to XBox, quit asking.

5. No, they won't update CMBO to CMBB. Live with it.

6. You are not a better programmer than Charles, if you are then make your own game and blow us all away.

7. This is a tactical game, not an operational or strategic one. Stop thinking it is what it was never intended to be.

8. Stop asking for improbable additions or things BFC have repeatedly said can't be done. Let them get on with the new engine!

9. Nothing, repeat nothing is absolutely perfect, but CMBB is as close to it as anyone has ever produced before. Enjoy it dammit!

10. If you don't like it or feel the continual need to complain about the best wargame out there, DON'T PLAY IT. No one will miss you!

There, said my piece. Hope that answers a few questions.

:D:D:D

Oh, and feel free to add anything I may have missed!

[ February 09, 2003, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: Lord Dragon ]

LOL,

Forgot one,

11. No, there is no: blood, gore, mangled limbs, executions of civillians and prisoners, death camps, etc. Live your little dark perverted mastubatory fantasies on your own time!

There, that should cover it for now.

[ February 09, 2003, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: Lord Dragon ]

LD:

Good show!

i mite add from a previous post:

12. There are NO Horses for Calvary Charge.

13. Neither are there field-kitchens, Medics, Amulances or Sniper Companies.

14. There are also NO additional tractors, gun carriages.

15. Be thankful that Ampulomet color is gonna be fixed, quit complaining that it looks like a hugh cigarette...

[ February 09, 2003, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: laxx ]

A necessary post to counter the fodder that's been flying in here this whole week.

Sure, the forum whining exceeds excessive at times, but look at this friggin game! Without any doubt the best ever, but it caters to an extremely esoteric crowd. We live for the technical aspects of the game (I mean, doesn't everyone in here have a stack of WWII reference manuals in the bathroom?). So I have little sympathy for the Battlefront boys, they have to take some responsibility for what they've created, and the rather specific crowd they know they appeal to: Obsessive, introverted, dysfunctional, war-gaming geeks, that will never be satisfied.

Thanks for destroying what little social-life I had left in me.

Cheers, Walpurgis

[ February 09, 2003, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: Walpurgis Night ]

Walpurgis Night wrote:

Thanks for destroying what little social-life I had left in me.

Slowly but steadily each one was absorbed into the mass and assimilated before their frail and mortal minds could comprehend it all. Mahaha!

[ February 09, 2003, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: Bruno Weiss ]

BTW,

I noticed that there is no such thing as unity among wargamers.

A little bit like MacWorld where you have artsy-fartsy types mingling with unix geeks, the only common denominator is a love for OS X. Well, in our case, Combat Mission.

Hmmm, we have noobies, grogs, twitchers, mod-sluts, tnt-chuckers....

The BFC dilemmma.

Make the game too realistic and people complain that they cannot create what-ifs scenarios.

Make the game too unrealistic and people complain that it isn't historical enough.

Leave out certain models (JS III, T-44, Super-Marder, Cavalry, etc) on the basis that the cost outweighs the benefit and people complain that they want them.

Provide those models regardless of the cost and no one ever uses them.

Use the old CM engine that cannot handle multi-turreted tanks and people complain about the T-28, T-35 and Lend-Lease M-3 Lee being absent.

Wait till the new engine is ready and no one gets to play till 2004.

Leave out motorcycles for game balance issues and people lament their absence.

Put them in and people demand their removal due to gamey play.

Make the game's code open and risk losing control of it.

Make the game's code closed and then lack the resources to full exploit it.

A small group of enthusiasts never takes the risk, Combat Missions is never born, and we're all left to play Steel Panthers III.

A small group of enthusiasts does take the chance, Combat Missions is born, but we all complain anyway.

And BFC must know that one day their very success may attract larger computer game companies into the market that they alone kept alive in an attempt to take it all away from them!

Damned if you do and Damned if you don't. Don't worry BFC, no matter how much we complain (they call it feed-back don't they?) we all love you - just not in the Biblical sense!

Regards

A.E.B

Originally posted by Oberst Bergerbitz:

CMBB has increased my sitting-in-front-of-the- computer time by 100% Now I have hemorrhoids the size of a kubelwagen.

BTS!! Fix or (scratch scratch) do (dig) somefink!!

My grandpa,old cavalrymen,was saying that the best cure for hemorrhoids its finger .You have to push them inside(seriously)

good luck

konrad

JuJu

By Super Marder I mean the Marder with a L70/75mm. If they are in CM:BB, well, shows how much I know! :eek:

Love your mods by the way, esp. the factory. Now all we need is onion domes on our churches and thatch on our huts!

Regards

A.E.B

Originally posted by lenakonrad:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Oberst Bergerbitz:

CMBB has increased my sitting-in-front-of-the- computer time by 100% Now I have hemorrhoids the size of a kubelwagen.

BTS!! Fix or (scratch scratch) do (dig) somefink!!

My grandpa,old cavalrymen,was saying that the best cure for hemorrhoids its finger .You have to push them inside(seriously)

good luck

konrad </font>