Kursk CMx10 campaign looking for players

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 out of 6 fights finished, though I still need a password for the end of game file (from Andrew) for one of them. 3 km west and 4 km west fights still to be resolved. So far, the Germans are advancing across most of the frontage, on the east half of the operational map.

Originally posted by JasonC:

Akula - I hear you, I prefer having the time for a PBEM myself. But it takes long enough to resolve 6 fights per op move even this way. PBEM, we'd never get through a day.

I know Jason. I had a little too much to drink last night and sometimes I come here and spam rather than go out and drive. Tcip is ideal for this situation. You have no argument from me there. I'm glad we're all pulling it off so far. =)

I guess the russians are having staffing problems.

me, akula2, and das noogie have been available to play those but nothing has happened. I think things will be on hold if jason c goes out of town. kinda hoping the last 2 battles would be done so we could move on to the next turn this week.

The first operational turn has been completed. Germans advanced 1 km deep pretty much across the battle locations, stretching from the eastern flank of the front line westward for a total of 5 km. Details on losses and such are of course restricted because neither side knows the other's.

The easternmost 2 locations featured German tanks accompanying infantry, while all the rest were infantry only forces. All the Russian defenders were infantry only (by force type, understand). All the locations were heavily fortified, but not defended too bitterly. Basically the Russians were content to watch the Germans navigate their obstacles, shoot a bit, then retire. Each side expended a battery's worth of mortar fire, at different locations.

That much is common knowledge.

And here are a few screenshots, meant to be not too revealing about anything essential the other side might not know already, but still adequate to give a feel for the first turn's actions.

An approaching German infantry dilemma - mudholes or wire?

mudholesorwire3mz.th.jpg

A Russian ATR team's view, at 4x zoom -

anatrsview4xzoom5fk.th.jpg

Looking over the shoulder of a Panzergrenadier hauptman -

pzgdrhauptmanview0ot.th.jpg