Kursk CMx10 campaign looking for players

JasonC,

Sure I'll be overall Soviet commander. My command will be ruthless, violent, and strictly along party lines.

Some warnings and qualifications. First I am very reliable for doing gaming stuff during the week (ask my ROWV opponents), but weekends not.

Personally I am not overly enthused about the tactical battle side. I rate myself as a competent but far from outstanding CMBB player, so frankly I am not the best guy to actually do a fight.

Also I almost always don't have enough time for TC/IP, so I am a bad "fill-in" commander. PBEM I can do but I understand how that doesn't help so much. Something to consider, if that disqualifies me as Sove commander well that's life in the big city.

OTOH I like operational and have some experience with things Soviet.

Hope that floats yer boat. If it does for duplication's sake use two e-mails to get me:

dpaukraine@kiev.relc.com

korshakhome@kiev.relc.com

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the AAR question, players are supposed to write one after each tactical fight. They won't be public during, for the obvious reason. But there is no objection to others seeing them later. For that matter, we will have the scenario files, so...

I also heartily recommend players taking screenshots. I realize one doesn't have as much time for it in a TCP-IP game as in a PBEM, but you might manage to take 1-3 per fight and save them to "paint" etc.

There was no attachment on the email I recieved. It was addressed to you I believe from Adam.

I'd be grateful for a map, yes.

Email is reghimself@comcast.net

I hope its made clear to me when I need to fight a battle and/or wether or not unit commanders need concern themselves with the operational map at all or does the overall commander move our units on the operational map.

I think i've read everything yet these things are unclear to me.

The operational commander makes all the moves on the map. No tactical fights have occurred yet - we've just been setting up and dealing with a few operational preliminaries. Tactical commanders are encouraged to pay attention to developments so they know what is wanted from them in each tactical fight - but you don't need to give me operational orders. Your side commander will do that.

Okay, I think the idea finally penetrated this Chobham-armoured skull of mine.

Originally posted by JasonC:

Brent - the strategic commander is the leader for his side. He is expected to fill in and command a tactical battle whenever no one else on his team is available...[snipped by Brent]

If you find yourself stuck for a tactical commander (either side), send me an e-mail (b3b@telusplanet.net) as there should be times when I could spend several hours on CM, especially from June - Sept.

The first of the moves have been ordered, and the first of the resulting scenarios has been constructed. Several more to make before resolving them all, but we are well underway and close to the first tactical fight. In fact, the side commanders can think about assigning people to a fight to take place on the east flank of the front line, now - because the scenario is ready to go. Here is the common briefing.

6 AM - East Flank Common briefing

This fight takes place in the 6 AM (dawn) turn of 5 July, on the eastern flank of the front line. German units are advancing into prepared Russian positions. The terrain is rural open gentle slopes with heavy damage - a crater field in steppe. No man's land is thin - 200 meters between allowed set up zones. The ground is wet from brief rain last night and a few lower lying areas are soft ground. The orientation of the fight is south to north, with the north edge Russian controlled, the south edge German controlled, and the flanks neutral. Further information is restricted to each side.