The long, slow wait for "early Summer"

Too pass the time...

I've been playing CM a lot more.

I just rented the Spider-MAn game for my PS2, that will pass a few days.

I've been reading We Were Soldiers Once, and I bought MArine SNiper, and Bravo Two Zero. None of them are WWII books, but they still somewhat satisfy that hunger.

Once all that runs out, I sure hope to be playing the DEMO... I'll also be taking a trip to the library for some true SC themed books.

SuperTed,

Please be advised that by promising to deliver said demo “pronto”, you have entered into a legally binding verbal contract with the party who really, really wants to play this game (hereafter referred to as “me” or “I”).

In order to protect my rights I have retained the services of an attorney (see below). If the demo is not available pronto (within the legal definition of the term), slow and indecisive legal action will commence.

Fairly be warned are thee says I.

lionel3.gif

Guy

Until I got involved with SC, I was playing Civ3, though the latest patches have muddled the picture a little. Now, I am more interested, once again, and always, in WW2 gaming.

Also reading William James' Variety of Religious Experiences, which I figure will help me to understand some of the comments on this board, most especially my own :eek: -- which tend to look odder and less coherent on the screen than when I thought of them.

If anyone would care to read a great book about the Paris Occupation, I would recommend -- Night of the Generals by Hans Hemet Kirst I believe his name was. It's about a series of gruesome murders, and how rank has its privileges.

The movie, with Peter O'Toole, was quite good. Hard to beat Cabaret for capturing that decadence and hovering evil, though.

They probably need more time to playtest it now that submarine warfare has been added. We probably have to wait until the very end of May or the beginning of June for the demo to come out. :(

[ May 06, 2002, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: Ancient One ]

Originally posted by Ancient One:

They probably need more time to playtest it now that submarine warfare has been added. We probably have to wait until the very end of May or the beginning of June for the demo to come out. :(

I don't think we will have to wait very much longer. The game already seems advanced enough for the release of a demo. Plus, releasing a demo comparatively early not only has the advantage of attracting potential buyers, but also will lead to additional bug-related feedback (sort of an "outsourced betatesting") which can be used for the final version. (This means no offense to the betatesters, of course. smile.gif There's just always that handfull of things which only are discovered once the game is in the grubby hands of the bigger crowd.)

Straha

Originally posted by Jeff Heidman:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SuperTed:

Elmo,

Sí, señor.

Ack!

We went from "soon", to "very soon", and now back to "soon"!

If you take the derivative of the time to release, it is clear that this game will never be done!

Vaporware!

Jeff</font>

Originally posted by SuperTed:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jeff Heidman:

Elmo,

Sí, señor.

Ack!

If you take the derivative of the time to release, it is clear that this game will never be done!

Vaporware!

Jeff</font>

Originally posted by Jeff Heidman:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jeff Heidman:

Elmo,

Sí, señor.

Ack!

Vaporware!

Jeff</font>