Sure is Quiet... Too Quiet

Shep

Hardly a peep from Hubert the last few days, and relatively little action on this board.

Will the demo come out a significant amount of time before the game goes gold? I know it was coming out "soon" a few weeks ago, but software development "soon" is often akin to "soon" in paleontological terms.

I can hardly bear to hear another one of those awful "when it's done" proclamations, but I'm willing to put myself at risk, I suppose, just to glean another small nugget of info.

Yes, it's a bit quiet lately. Not even SuperTed dropped by today.

The absence of Hubert hopefully has to do with him preparing the demo. smile.gif

If the game does not come out this summer, there will maybe be a problem for me with ordering because it's more and more likely that I'm leaving the country in fall.

Straha

Originally posted by Ancient One:

I expect the demo to be released in the last week of May at the very earliest, more probably early to mid June.

Based on what? Curious minds want to know if you have inside info or are just guessing like the rest of us.

At the end of this month, I'll be getting MEDAL OF HONOR: FRONTLINE for my PS2. I was hoping the DEMO would be out by then, so I could balance play between the two. If its not out by then however, FRONTLINE should keep me busy until it arrives. Is anyone else here picking up a copy? There is free Overnight Shipping at EB online.

I think the DEMO will DEFINATELY arrive a while before the full game does. My evidence is this:

Hubert recently said that he would think about implementing variable Action Points for non-major Corps, etc... but that even if he did this, it would NOT be in the DEMO. That has to mean that the DEMO is coming soon, and that he will still be putting some touches on the final game after that... doesn't it?

Originally posted by Mr. Clark:

...snip...That has to mean that the DEMO is coming soon, and that he will still be putting some touches on the final game after that... doesn't it?

"Soon" is a subjective, meaningless actually, term used when you don't want to or can't give a straight answer on when something will be ready. Back in mid-April our hosts said "soon" for the demo. If I told my boss he'd have something from me soon and still hadn't deliverd it a month later I'd probably be looking for a new job.

Originally posted by Mr. Clark:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Canuck_para:

It is quiet, maybe we should talk about the quality of the Canadian army.... oh wait I think that was already briefly mentioned in another thread. :D

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

:D

Thanks for the cheer up!</font>

Canadian Army? When has Canada had an army?

Canadian military?

Jeff

Jeff, as a visible Canadian minority (visible because it's hard to conceal a cased rifle under one's toque), I nearly fell out of my chair laughing at this one. Particularly '"They were armed. With guns," said Omari. "Canadians. With guns. And a warship. What is this world coming to?"'. :D

BTW, I'm also eagerly waiting for SC. Looks like a great way to take over the world.

Hey!!! [walks huffily into the room] This is an American thread!!! All Canadians out! out!! out!!!

If I'd a wanted you around here, I would have baited the place with Labatt's or... or... whatever attracts Canadians.

Shoo! Git!! Go talk about your mythological military somewhere else!!!

Originally posted by Canuck_para:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jeff Heidman:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Canuck_para:

It is quiet, maybe we should talk about the quality of the Canadian army.... oh wait I think that was already briefly mentioned in another thread. :D

Canadian Army? When has Canada had an army?

Canadian military?

Jeff</font>

Originally posted by Shep:

Hardly a peep from Hubert the last few days, and relatively little action on this board.

Will the demo come out a significant amount of time before the game goes gold? I know it was coming out "soon" a few weeks ago, but software development "soon" is often akin to "soon" in paleontological terms.

I can hardly bear to hear another one of those awful "when it's done" proclamations, but I'm willing to put myself at risk, I suppose, just to glean another small nugget of info.

Remember, the less we hear from Hubert on these forums, the more time he has to work on the game. A lot of talking makes for great conversation, but not a great game.

As for people who don't respect statements like "when it's done" or "soon". You have absolutely no idea what it's like to create a game. If you have made a game before, you know what it's like and will not complain. If you have never made a game, (and I'm assuming the overwhelming majority of you have not), when just sit back, relax and give Hubert some space to finish your game.

-Keep up the good work Hubert

I am willing to wait as long as it takes, if the designer is looking at some of the ideas that get presented here and trying to implement them.

Too many games get released as Beta, because of a publish on time or be damned mindset. I think a little patience here will be rewarded.

Originally posted by BloodyBucket:

I am willing to wait as long as it takes, if the designer is looking at some of the ideas that get presented here and trying to implement them.

Too many games get released as Beta, because of a publish on time or be damned mindset. I think a little patience here will be rewarded.

Ditto!

(and we all know that you need a Hockey Puck, a Mullet, and a Beer to bait Canadians!) tongue.gif