Am I the only one?

Sorry to throw this one at you, folks, but I'm more than a little cheesed-off!</P>

Last Thursday, I received a confirmation message from BTS, confirming that my pre- ordered copy of Combat Mission had been dispatched. Over a week later, I am still waiting for the thing to arrive!</P>

Admittedly, I do live in England. Having said that, however, the Post Office assures me that even if my package was dispatched via homing pigeon, it should take no-more than 4 days to reach my front door.</P>

The main purpose of this post is to see if I am the only person who is still waiting. If you received the confirmation message - but are still waiting for the game to arrive - please post your thoughts here!</P>

Perchpole</P>

Originally posted by Perchpole:

Sorry to throw this one at you, folks, but I'm more than a little cheesed-off!</P>

Last Thursday, I received a confirmation message from BTS, confirming that my pre- ordered copy of Combat Mission had been dispatched. Over a week later, I am still waiting for the thing to arrive!</P>

Admittedly, I do live in England. Having said that, however, the Post Office assures me that even if my package was dispatched via homing pigeon, it should take no-more than 4 days to reach my front door.</P>

The main purpose of this post is to see if I am the only person who is still waiting. If you received the confirmation message - but are still waiting for the game to arrive - please post your thoughts here!</P>

Perchpole</P>

If BTS says they shipped, then they shipped. If not, they are very upfront and would admit their mistake.

Sooooo, what is your local Post Office going to tell you? "I'm sorry Mr. Customer, but we are all useless gits, and probably misplaced your package, or ran over it with one of our trucks." or "Well, typically it should have arrived, but circumstances sometimes do arise that delay our expected delivery times."

Just relax, and remember "A watched post office box never boils."

------------------

To the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee...

Guest Mikey D

Long time ago, I recall a CM order I placed just across the border to Canada took FAR longer than it should have too. Maybe customs is inspecting each one for contraband from the decadent U.S.

Perchpole</P>

I also live in the UK and it took 10 days to reach me........ and the wait was worth it! smile.gif

------------------

unleash the dogs of war!

Well I ordered last Friday, and I haven't yet gotten mine here in Seattle, WA. One thing you shold be aware of is that Monday was "Presidents Day" and the PO was not open. Now if it got in the system before then, that wouldn't matter. But for most, it was not a "business day".

I live in UK too, ordered as a back order too. Now at bang on 10 days and it hasn't arrived yet - has yours? No complaints though - just a little anxious, no thats's crap, VERY anxious (always am when waiting for games in post). Perhaps you'd post when yours arrives.

A delivery in 4 days to U.K.? That would be an exceptionally fast delivery in my opinion. I live in Florida and I placed my order on a Wednesday and received it on Saturday and I considered that good time. I've heard people in Canada wait as long as 7 or 8 weeks. There was one fellow in South Africa, forget his name now, he was at 2 months last I heard. Never did hear if he got it or not. My guess any overseas or out of country deliveries are going to take a while. My guess its a combination of U.S. Postal and whatever your home country postal service thats slowing it up. Once it leaves BTS its really out of their hands and at the mercy of the various postal services. Perhaps oversea and out of country orders should go through Federal Express or some such more reliable deleivery system? At least with one of those services you can track its travel. Unfortunately it costs more. Does anyone know if BTS provides Federal Express delivery?

~Skott~

Four days to Europe does seem pretty fast. For mail to go from the west coast to east coast of the U.S. typically takes 5 days. It would be nice if you had the option to use various shipping agencies for an added cost. I don't know if BTS offers a choice or not. I'm sure those overseas would be willing to spend a few more... whatever it is they are spending if it meant getting CM faster!

------------------

Craiger

All your victory flag are belong to me

There was one fellow in South Africa, forget his name now, he was at 2 months last I heard. Never did hear if he got it or not.

Skott raises an interesting point. I think we're all agreed that Combat Mission is an excellent product. Moreover, BTS have gone to great lengths in order to market that product independently. Add these two elements together and surely it must make you wonder why the company hasn't gone that extra yard to ensure a better delivery system? Given the option, I'm sure many people would elect to pay a premium for some sort of courier service - for example. After all, it was only last night, having received an E-mail from a visitor to this forum, that I discovered my game had been dispatched via bog-standard air mail. Until then, I had absolutely no way of knowing how my package was being transported. This information simply isn't available. That's no problem for the folks on the other side of the Herring Pond, but what about the rest of us? Surely customer care should extend to all customers - wherever they may be?</P>

Ultimately, whilst I applaud BTS for the stand they have taken in the games market, I believe they must do more to tighten-up this end of their business.</P>

Perch

</P>

Boo hoo

You guys just have to wait your turn,

like all of us had too. I am in US and order CM last July,I had to wait longer than the suggested time. But I was not about to start telling BTS how to conduct their bussiness. For all who are not in the US, the extra time should be expected. I hear that the mail has to pass customs. This is most likely the delay. If I ordered something from UK I would expect it to take longer. This is just common sense guys.

So quit your whinning we all had to wait. smile.gif

I must say that having shipped a CD by priority mail (faster than typical mailing and more expensive) to France last week that the ship time I was given was 7 or 8 days. That's priority mail. I can assure you that if your postmaster informed you that 4 days should be all that's required to receive your cross-Atlantic shipment, he told you a bald-faced lie.

It appears some of us seem to entirely disregard BTS when they tell you 2-4 weeks. I'm not sure I comprehend ordering a product with a declared shipping time of 2-4 weeks and then raising the roof when you don't receive it in 4 days. I live in the very heart of the U.S. midwest, and waited 10 days for my CMBO CD. So reign in the dismay a little fellas. When you get the game you'll not care an iota how long you waited for it.

Clubfoot.

Ignore anything that the Post Office tells you. Only start panicking if it's not there in twice the stated delivery time. In the meantime, plan your mod collection and learn how to beat the demo even when you give the AI +1 experience and +25% forces smile.gif

For reference, my UK order generated a confirmation email on 22nd December, my card was debited on 28th December, and it arrived on 12th January. So that's slightly less than three weeks even in the christmas rush - I figure that 10-14 days to the UK is normal, just as British Tommy experienced.

Originally posted by Shatter:

Boo hoo... I was not about to start telling BTS how to conduct their bussiness.

Whilst I'm sure BTS welcome your support, you appear to have missed the point. Everyone who has ever taken part in this forum has - in effect - told BTS exactly how to conduct their business. More often than not, you - the customer, tell BTS - the developer, how you think the game should be improved. I have done exactly the same! As such, my thread is just as much a part of this game's development as any other. If it serves to hi-light a weakness in the company's strategy - we will all benefit.</P>

Accordingly, I still maintain that as this game is not available off the shelf - a better system should therefore be in place to handle [overseas] sales.</P>

Perch

Guest Germanboy

Look - I live in the UK, and it took 12 days (Coventry then). A better system would cost an awful lot more money. I don't know how much more it would cost for BTS to set it up, but if there are any extra cost, for the small gain involved (since not all customers would choose the option), I can understand them for not doing it.

Your postmaster told you a plain lie. There is no way on earth that it could be delivered in four days. Not even Fed Ex would promise that. There is a reason they are called Parcelfarce. Consider yourself lucky if it arrives at all. The amount of stuff they lost that I had shipped from Germany (which takes 4-6 days, BTW) is phenomenal.

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

I appreciate your point but recorded delivery here costs an absolute arm and a leg so from the US I hate to think what it would be, probably more than the game. In any event it would come by air AND still have to clear customs and I doubt you would do that in much under 10 days anyway. On that basis and IMO I think the 10 days BTS indicate for European delivery to be reasonable. Even within the UK I've waited 5 days plus for a game. That said I shall still be happier when I am holding it in my hand (CMBO that is!).

I also would think Royal Mail's claim to be more than a little optimistic. If only they could deliver everything within the UK within 4 days, it often takes 3 for first class to get to me.

[This message has been edited by Apache (edited 02-24-2001).]

Guest birdgunner

Hey, don't all feel bad, I live just across the border in Canada and it took 24 days till mine arrived through customs.

------------------

So many Battles and so little Time... Sleep!!! Who needs Sleep!

I ordered last week, and haven't even received my confirmation e-mail yet. I sent an email to their sales department, but haven't receieved a response there, either. Its going on 4 days now. I don't care how long it takes to ship, i just want to know if they are going to debit my credit card and let me know.

I used to live outside of London... know where East Horsley is? In between Effingham and Guilford. Great time..

While I lived there, first class airmail took between 10-14 days. The absolute fastest was 7 days. So I'd just hold off for a little while. Sorry to say that, but it's probably just still en route.

scott

Whilst I'm sure BTS welcome your support, you appear to have missed the point. Everyone who has ever taken part in this forum has - in effect - told BTS exactly how to conduct their business. More often than not, you - the customer, tell BTS - the developer, how you think the game should be improved. I have done exactly the same! As such, my thread is just as much a part of this game's development as any other. If it serves to hi-light a weakness in the company's strategy - we will all benefit.</P>

Perch

No I did not miss the point, BTS has had the same shipping method since I have been a member back in Aug(changed name from Shatter50 to Shatter) and I do not think they are going to change anytime soon. Yes I was not happy my CM took longer than suggested, infact I even e-mailed BTS twice. Steve told me to chill out and patience, it will arrive.

[This message has been edited by Shatter (edited 02-25-2001).]

It's not called "Snail Mail" for nothing.

I'm in the same boat. I got confirmation on Feb 25th that CM was on its way to me, in Canada. My friends inform me that it should take about 2 weeks for it to reach me.

Meanwhile i'm playing the demo to death, and have all the mods i can find. I even managed to get all the ASL mods before the sight went down.

If the game is only half as good as the demo, I'm gunna be in gamers heaven.