Ive won so many games Im getting bored

Fair enough Joe, dragging out a game when you feel you have no chance of winning or drawing does seem abit silly. Saying that, I had to do exactly what you pointed out in the game i mentioned, that is "goto ground". If I hadnt I wouldve got slaughtered. What do you expect any opponent with half a brain to do when he realises you have superior forces, shout "tally ho" and continue the advance? You er obviously have to revise you tactics/objectives when you take losses. LOL it sounds like your to used to the AI and its banzi charges. :D

[ 04-21-2001: Message edited by: Londoner ]

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never played the AI so I wouldnt know.

What I expect my enemy to do when he feels he his no chance at all to even get a draw is to surrender. Unless there are only a few turns left then I'd have no problem with playing out the time.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KiwiJoe:

My record is 3 loses, 1 draw, 52 wins. All 3 loses are threw bad luck... (luck plays quite a role in these small 1500 point battles). Ive yet to see a player any where near my skill level. NEVER have I been out played. Yeah Yeah... Im an arogant son of a bitch... true... but Im a damn good player.

[ 04-20-2001: Message edited by: KiwiJoe ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try Fionn & then see how good you are. One condition... whatever the result you've got to post the details.

Regards

Jim R.

Firefly, dont you think the score system at RD is abit dodgy? Somebody who total vics 10 peeps has the same score as a dude who has 10 minor vic? In my experience a minor vic can be a VERY close game, while a total isnt even comparible. I was gonna join the RD ladder but i think i'll stick to TH. smile.gif

IMO the TH scoring system makes for a much harder game. Peeps generaly are less inclined to surrender as you point out Joe. Exactly the way I like it. Maybe its just a matter of taste.

[ 04-21-2001: Message edited by: Londoner ]

Londoner,

I'm registered with both the Blitz gaming club and RD and both use different scoring system. I can live with the RD sytem; after all if Liverpool beat Man Utd 1-0 they get the same number of points as is they beat them 6-0 (wihsful thinking smile.gif ).

Besides as I've said before I'm not too worried about rankings, I just use the ladders to meet opponents, winning is nice, but it's playing I enjoy.

[ 04-21-2001: Message edited by: Firefly ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KiwiJoe:

]Never played the AI so I wouldnt know.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Ive been playing Cm for well over 1 yr now. Ive lost 3 games.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure, sure. And one time I caught a 350 pound halibut when I was fishing for dolly varden with five pound test line and salmon eggs as bait. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Like I said, I'd love to PBEM you, but I won't be able to. Meet me in CMHQ chat tonight if you (or anyone) wants a game.

[ 04-21-2001: Message edited by: 109 Gustav ]

KiwiJoe has been here for a very long time. I have been laughing my a** off reading this constantly expanding comedy.

Kiwi, I dont know what you have been taking lately, but I bet I would reduce the dosage a tad.

This is cool. You bunch of tragic losers. I dont want to watch, but I can't look away.

Kiwi, Your giving us Joe's a bad name!! 2-3 games???? You should be ashamed. smile.gif You should have no less than 10 at all times. Then comes bragging with your wheelbarrel full of the family Jewels. 3 games!! My sister can handle 3 games. smile.gif

I finished my game with Kiwi Joe(allied player) yesterday evening. It was a tough game and Kiwi played very well, but I won after 4 turns(kiwi surrendered).

Here were the settings and restrictions:

Dec 1944

Light trees

modest hills

village

clear

dry

Meeting engagement

Unit restrictions:

Short 75 Rule

No AA half tracks or trucks.

No Axis SMG squads

No flag rushing on the last turn

No scouting with AT teams or crews

Axis must pick from only one service branch

Allied can pick from mixed branches.

120mm Maximum for artillery.

The forces I chose were:

2x reg STuH42 assault howitzer

2x reg PSW 234/3 heavy armored car

1x reg 81mm spotter

1x reg pak 40 75mm AT gun

2x reg pak 38 50m AT gun

6x reg 75mm INF guns

7x reg volksgrenaider rifle squads

Since the settings were light trees and modest hills, both of us would have few places to hide our support units. My objective in the game was to use the INF guns and 81mm artillery to deny Kiwi of any good positions and then locate and destroy his infantry first.

During the setup I noticed that Kiwi's setup area only had 2 good tree spots on top of one major hill. Out of his buildings, only 3 of them had commanding LOS.

On turn #1, I opened fire with my 6 INF guns and armored vehicles and destroyed the 3 buildings. Also, I targeted the top of his main hill with my 81mm spotter.

On turn #2, I lost one gun to mortar fire. After tracing the shell holes back to the hilltop, I area fired all of my guns/vehicles at the main tree patch at the top of his hill. Near the end of the turn a few of my mortar rounds hit the top of his hill.

On turn #3, I lost yet another INF gun, but all of my direct fire HE and 81mm arty seems to stop his mortar fire. Also absent is any form of offboard artillery from Kiwi. Late in the turn one of Kiwi's tanks(cromwell) tries to make a move for a new position, but my pak 40 kills it after two shots (I also had a pak 38 with a shot opportunity earlier, but it was on hide).

Turn #4, Kiwi joe surrenders. After looking at the AAR, it appears that I had killed all of his artillery spotters in two of the three buildings. On turn 2 and 3 I destroyed the rest of his support units(3inch mortars, 75mm howitzer, 6pdr at gun) located in the trees at the top of his main hill.

After the game Kiwi requested a rematch game. I agreed and requested that we play the exact same game but with sides switched.

I'll post my results if we do play the second game.

catnip:

Can you post a screenshot? If you can't, could you email me one so that I can post it on the board?

It would be nice to see the battlefield.

BTW: you're quite nasty for demanding a rematch with the same battle. :D

[ 04-23-2001: Message edited by: Nabla ]

Yeah his plan worked well... map helped. I had 3 houses and 2 spots of trees on my side... that was it. considering he had several hills with cover and 9 guns I didnt stand too much of a chance. But well done catnip... u stuck to your plan and it worked out well. rematch will hopefully see a more even map.

Wouldnt laugh too hard Jazza.. i remember kickin your ass not too long ago smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JAZZA:

LOL! Yeah,Whatever KiwiShmoe,you never kicked my ass.I never surrendered in 4 turns LOL!! in fact I never surrendered in that game it went the distance and it was also my first pbem.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey JAZZA! Stop quarelling with your NZ mate and send me your return file. If you've got time for these posts then you've got time for "CMing".

BTW, looks like KiwiJoe's statistics are about to plummet now that he is finally taking on the rest of the world rather than just playing opponents in his backyard. tongue.gif

Regards

Jim R.