Time to Lock the Forum and Concentrate on Peng Thread

Originally posted by Elijah Meeks:

Now listen here, the whole lot of ya. I've always ran amok in the forum and I didn't realize that somehow I represented an authority figure now. I will stop.

Now, lads and lassies, we see the influence of a properly applied Brick finally making itself felt.

The Brick, the Mutha-Beautiful-Brick, will be bronzed, and placed on a discreet pedestal in the Peng Challenge Thread. Roborat will be charged with hosing it off and buffing it occasionaly, and explaining its true purpose and history to tourists, visitors, idjits, and any combination of the former. As he is young and Canadian, his position of toweling off Kitty and YK2 would only have led to him performing vigorous towelings, followed by hanging said towels neatly up to dry, while whistling and thinking studiously about hockey. Any other sordid or entertaining aspects inferred by Meeks would have gone flying miles above his honest, sturdy, clean-minded Canadian head.

Let it be noted that we've been granted a perfectly wonderful venue for our idiocy and brilliance (including vast debates on which is which), and that there seems to be a whole new crop of humourless Grogs and Grog wannabes, as well as earnest newcomers seeking salvation, on the main Board, and they often do not get the joke. They may never get the joke, or, in fact, any joke, but their inability is just as valid as any other soulless form of idiocy, and some of the recent discussions have actually been at least sporadically interesting. So let's allow them to find their feet before slinging Cess under their footing, shall we? And perhaps, just perhaps, even be helpful souls and aid the otherwise lost little tykes on to a greater understanding of Combat Mission and its inevitable evolution, The Peng Challenge Thread.

------------------

Tremble, tyrants and you perfidious opprobrium of all the parties,

Tremblez! your parricidal projects finally will receive their prices!

But these sanguinary despots, But these accomplices of Berli,

All these tigers which, without pity, Bauhaus the centre of their mother!

We will enter the career When our elder is not there any more,

We will find there their dust And the trace of their virtues

[This message has been edited by Seanachai (edited 01-21-2001).]

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bastables:

Sorry lads, I've been selected for service overseas and am off until November this year.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NoooOOOOoOOooo!!!! November?!?! That's far too long!!! Bastables!! =(

<tearily waves good-bye to Bastables>

Kitty

------------------

Hamsters at War!

Chicks With Tanks

Lorak's FTX

"I'd rather the Bees than your Mask of Shame." - Stuka

The True Blue Aussie Slang Source

Sorry lads, I've been selected for service overseas and am off to start pre-deployment training at the end of the week. This will mean that all of my pbem games are off until November this year

I should return with some cool UN kit that I'll have nicked an a brand new medal just for turning up cool.gif wish me luck and have a good one.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back in time for breakfast.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All the best mate!

You're not bad for a Kiwi, and we can forgive you for being a Pommie wannabee!

Meanwhile, keep us posted if you can! We'll remember you by talking about you behind your back!

And when the bullets fly, remember to keep your arse low!

Mace

Hey bastables, keep the world safe for liberty, all right!

Game update, I'm in the middle of handing my dear squire his ass. Poor Roborat, he needs a lot of work and I'm the man who's gonna give it to him.

------------------

"My mortar refuses to fire! He's Yellow!"

-Me

"Send him to CM2."

-Mace

I was flipping through channels the other day and was presented with something that, for once, confused me, and you lot here seem to be just the folks to answer this important question:

How come Xena is good on Xena, but when I saw her on a Hercules show, she was evil?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dalem:

I was flipping through channels the other day and was presented with something that, for once, confused me, and you lot here seem to be just the folks to answer this important question:

How come Xena is good on Xena, but when I saw her on a Hercules show, she was evil?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh god. Must keep taunts rated PG. Must not verbally decapitate dalem. Must observe dalem's right to be a moron. AAAAAAAAARGGGHH!!

Look, she was just a bit character on Herc, ok, but she was popular, so they redeemed her and gave her her own show. How do you not know that?!?!?

------------------

-Me

"Send him to CM2."

-Mace

How come Xena is good on Xena, but when I saw her on a Hercules show, she was evil?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That type of question is more appropriate to the "Frequently asked questions answered by Cesspoolers from the Peng thread."

Now go away.

------------------

"If you can taste the difference between caviar on a cracker and ketchup on a Kit-Kat while blindfolded, you have not had enough aquavit to be ready for lutefisk." (stolen from some web page about lutefisk)

For the same reason your dog currently has no ears: things change. I'm surprised you were paying enough attention to the plot to record that fact. Now, just to see how attentive you were: what color are her eyes? (the appropriate response is not: she had eyes?)

------------------

Sorry lads, I've been selected for service overseas and am off to start pre-deployment training at the end of the week. This will mean that all of my pbem games are off until November this year

I should return with some cool UN kit that I'll have nicked an a brand new medal just for turning up cool.gif wish me luck and have a good one.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back in time for breakfast.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There will always be a place for you here, lad. Not that that's much, but it's what we can offer. Take care of yourself, and return to us with spritely step.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dilemma:

Well that's proof enough that TV is bad for unadulterated morons like yourself.

Are you like that Martin Tupper character in Dream On?

Was that question about Xena suggested by a Black&White pre presidential Ronald Reagan in your head?

Xena was on the Evil side because she had one of those moments where the Only thing you could do with such women is to kick them.

It was then apparent that she was a lesbian bitch and that she needed a Gabrielle more than an Hercule.

Thus illustrating the shrewdness of the US media since that following pic is obviously a fake in the light of what I've just told you:

catalog.gif

Now my understanding of our customs in here is that you should refrain to post questions like that because frankly we can't refrain to answer them.

And for MadMatt's own personal pleasure:

Never mind the Morlocks!!

------------------

You are not Obsessive-CMpulsive, you are Allied-Retentive.

Mark IV

[This message has been edited by PawBroon (edited 01-21-2001).]

Lorak!

Let it be known that I have informed Roborat of his place in the Squire-Knight food chain. The poor lass was wiped off the face of the Earth. His topplement was the kind of legend. 76-24 but it wasn't nearly that close. His poor Allied fools never knew what hit him. I figure with 3000-4000 more games, he may be able to improve his skill such so as to hold me to only a minor victory. This assumes I don't play any CM in that span of time, get hit by a car and my computer acquires a rare virus that forces CM to only be displayed in Farsi.

Roborat: Disheartening, total loss.

Meeks: VICTORY!

------------------

-Me

"Send him to CM2."

-Mace

Sheepshagger clean out your email! I've been getting automated messages for two days that my last file to you is undeliverable but enqueued because you're too busy with your sweet little ovine friends.

------------------

"If you can taste the difference between caviar on a cracker and ketchup on a Kit-Kat while blindfolded, you have not had enough aquavit to be ready for lutefisk." (stolen from some web page about lutefisk)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elijah Meeks:

Lorak!

Let it be known that I have informed Roborat of his place in the Squire-Knight food chain. The poor lass was wiped off the face of the Earth. His topplement was the kind of legend. 76-24 but it wasn't nearly that close. His poor Allied fools never knew what hit him. I figure with 3000-4000 more games, he may be able to improve his skill such so as to hold me to only a minor victory. This assumes I don't play any CM in that span of time, get hit by a car and my computer acquires a rare virus that forces CM to only be displayed in Farsi.

Roborat: Disheartening, total loss.

Meeks: VICTORY!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, he spanked me bad, but the score makes it look not too bad, and if I hadn't tried some endgame desperation moves, I wouldn't have lost so many men, thus having a better score. Besides (-insert usual losers whine here), the AI picked the units, resulting in me having two 75 shermans and two tracks, with three companies of rifles and little at units, AND no arty, against 2 hetzers, 2 pumas, two at tracks (234/3s??), one track, and apparently every smg delivered to france. But, I did scare him a few times, so it wasn't a total loss wink.gif, and nailing his puma was fun.

His estimate is entirely two pessimistic. I figure it should only take 1000-1500 or so games. Actually, I had a deeper plan, with the news that I actually lost to Meeks, others will stampede to play me, assuming an easy win to pad their stats, thus presenting me with more opponents, as they are, except for two, apparently afraid to play me. How's that for being devious (oops, that part was supposed to be a secret, don't read it ok?). Well, since you learn most from your mistakes, theoretically I have learned a lot tonight, back to spanking the AI to practice a few ideas I have.

------------------

"With cat-like tread, Upon our prey we steal;

In silence dread, Our cautious way we feel." -G&S

I'm back to inform the Pool of further spankery. Lorak! Please note that I beat Frenchie so bad it crashed his machine! He only had an MG team left, so we can assume the score was, roughly 100 - 0 in my favor. Yes, we have witnessed the first perfect score! It's too bad the game crashed. Oh well.

Pawbroon: He's French, what'd'ya expect?

Meeks: VICTORY!!!!!!!!

Meeks

------------------

-Me

"Send him to CM2."

-Mace

[This message has been edited by Elijah Meeks (edited 01-21-2001).]

Elijah, He of multiple Gloatings...

The machine crashed because it rather be dead than play you a second further.

So let see how the accountant in me tally that.

One dead HT with MG on the back 5 seconds into the game.

3 PzIV from 25 meters without even a wave from your tankers.

Some 20 odd grunts all of that in a small QB.

You're right.

100 to 0...

Lorak chalk that one to MightyMeeks and Elijah remember to paint a frog on the side of your cockpit...

------------------

You are not Obsessive-CMpulsive, you are Allied-Retentive.

Mark IV

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seanachai:

As he is young and Canadian, his position of toweling off Kitty and YK2 would only have led to him performing vigorous towelings, followed by hanging said towels neatly up to dry, while whistling and thinking studiously about hockey.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He might be young, he might be canadian, (is a sucker for accents) but who elected Roborat the job of toweling off anyone, never mind kitty and I?

I dunno about you Kitty, but personaly if anyone is gonna towel me off I want to have a say in the matter biggrin.gif

And seeing as this is pure fantasy can I have Nick Cage? Mmmmmmmmmm sex on legs. This whole world is "WILD AT HEART" and crazy on top.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elijah Meeks:

Look, she was just a bit character on Herc, ok, but she was popular, so they redeemed her and gave her her own show. How do you not know that?!?!?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh, it's because I've never watched much of either show. And like I assumed, this was the high-culture place to come for answers, thank you. It was very amusing to see you perform though, I'll have to do it again. Soon I will do it through a CM challenge so wittily crafted that you will be powerless to refuse, even though you deserve far less, he of the "Post as I say, not as I do - wait a minute, don't do it that way either" directives.

In the end (too easy) it seems that you're far too delicate and episodic to be entrusted with the pool, Mister Meeks. I say we give the next one to someone with class, or at least a functioning brain cell. Maybe OBGYN and a fake Scottish burr in the subject line is what we need. Or Kitty - she actually knows how to post links and such, almost like a real person.

[This message has been edited by dalem (edited 01-21-2001).]

Ok, My E-mail address is now included in my profile. As for an excuse, I was attempting to isolate my self from possible dribble in the old inbox. But I have learned that I need not worry about that. Because I have yet to see any derogatory remarks or tripe since joining the board. It must be safe. :-/

Check 6, we need to start the killing before the war ends.

[This message has been edited by Jarhead (edited 01-21-2001).]

Bas - you better watch out I don't nick your kipper while you're away wink.gif

ATB for OLOC

JonS

-----------

If you eat well, and **** strongly

You will not fear death

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Check6:

I have sent my setup. Perhaps it would be amusing to the 'Poolers if we were to email our updates and musings to someone who would post them in a discussion that Jarhead and I wouldn't read?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If would be far more amusing if you would just verbally disembowel each other here. That's the whole point. You'll never be accepted here until you do so. No. Wait...You'll never be accepted here anyway. Nonetheless, we'll at least tolerate your continued presence if it is to report on pain an suffering inflicted upon each other, preferable with a good deal of hyperbole, editorial enhancement, and vicious slander. A little titillation (sit down Bauhaus!!) for Bauhaus wouldn't hurt either. Keeps his dose of meds low to be amused.

The following is not what we want to see:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cannedinajar:

Check 6: I sent you a reply to your E-mail.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CheckeredPants will see soon enough that you have sent the file, in fact he'll get it before he reads your pathetic post here. You should be boasting of your fictional greatness, and his true vileness.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by YK2:

And seeing as this is pure fantasy can I have Nick Cage? Mmmmmmmmmm sex on legs. This whole world is "WILD AT HEART" and crazy on top.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Careful there, Emma, I've a sneaking suspicion that Meeks looks strikingly similar to Bobby Peru. Look out for yourself, Peanut.

BTW, I do a mean Elvis imitation.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

"We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech." -- Dr. Kathleen Dixon, Director of Women's Studies, Bowling Green State University

JarOfPickles wants to sully the beauty of this battle by playing it via IP. I told him, forget about it. He must hope that he can make me do something stupid under time pressure and thereby eke out, perhaps, a draw. Surely that's his only chance, and I have denied it.

(soup nazi)NoIPfahyoo! Come back... NEVAH!(/soup nazi)

[This message has been edited by Check6 (edited 01-21-2001).]

Being the avatar of the Living God, I have to answer a lot of questions of a lot of people, every last one of them far more important than any one of you, except for Geier due to his historical significance and Berli due to his religious significance. In fact, the reason I haven't addressed the issues brought up by the ugly but redeemably stupid Dalem and the, "I was a teenage CM player" Kitty was because I was busying myself with truly urgent questions such as, "God, why is the world unfair?" and "God, why did my daddy go away?" and "God, why do I need to eat liver and onions?". (The answers, for those who are curious, are, "That's life you little biter.", "Because he ate too much bacon you moron." and, "Stop being so damn British, Chup, you need the vitamins and minerals or you'll never be able to kick Andreas's ass.")

So, now that I've fulfilled my ceremonial duties as the Avatar of the Living God, I can turn my attention to less important and less intelligent matters, to whit:

1. Dalem, you imbecile, I still don't know what a dalem is and I won't be fighting you unless you develop an as-yet-unseen wittiness and tauntability. Your topplement would take all of ten minutes for me to engineer but I would rather spend that ten minutes walking on the sharpened bones of my sacred ancestors than spend it interacting with you.

2. Kitty. It's hard for me to snicker as loudly at you as I do at everyone else as you are female and, therefor, easily frustrated, angered, knocked up, et cetera. All I can say is that you are a mook, gender notwithstanding.

And who the hell is Bobby Peru?

------------------

-Me

"Send him to CM2."

-Mace

[This message has been edited by Elijah Meeks (edited 01-21-2001).]