Time to Lock the Forum and Concentrate on Peng Thread

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mace:

Oh yeh, while I'm at it.....Lorak, post a drumming for poor old Macey at the hands of Mr Morse. I was foolish enough to be selected by Mr Evil-personified (ie Rune) as the allies in his Battle of the Bulge scenario, and Joe Morse the Germans.

I'm sure that Mr Morse, being the fine example of a lawyer that he is, will be here soon to boast, rant and dance on my still warm body, and then charge me consultation fees.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

True so true. This bit of runnette evilness features SPOILER ALERT

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

+

70 Chaffees vs about 20 KT's I lost 8 he lost 69 with the last one pinned in the corner. 50 turns of plodding and laving a trail of burning hulks. It took him 3/4 of the game to realize that trading frontal shots at 44 m's the Chaffee loses to a KT. However, note that a number of KT's were left along the way due to track hits, a particular vulnerability. While I will not gloat on my esteemed southern brothers handling of his forces (facts speak for themselves) the fact that he found masochistic pleasure in being slaughtered makes me concerned. Thank heavens the width of the Pacific separates us and sheep are not plentiful here.

So Lorak chalk up a major victory for jdm over that Anzac roadkill Mace.

------------------

If frogs had uzi's, snakes woudn't mess with them so much. - Hiram

[This message has been edited by jd (edited 01-19-2001).]

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

And now today's Autoglass Third Division Match score

Stenhousemuir 1 Llanfair-pwll-gwyngyll-gogerychwyrndrobwll-llantysilio-gogogoch 0

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Such a long name for a very small Welsh Village.

To translate it.......( does anyone really give a ****?) But I'm gonna tell you anyway biggrin.gif

St Mary's church in a hollow, white hazels, near to the rapid whirlpool, St Tysils Church Redcave.

Beautiful place if you like scenic, but much too quiet for moi....

Lorak, the great abacus keeper. Chalk it up baby....(down Bauhaus)

GI Tom: Win

FlameBerliFlamingen: Miserable and utter defeat.

I do have to admit though, even with me getting 92 and Berli getting 8, he cheapened the victory for me. This game was one of those 800 pointers where the puter picked the forces. I got the frogs, he was Hans and Franz.

Well, when I sploded' his Hetzer with my Sherm 105, (which meant I was left with the only armor on the field) that pretty much did it and the flameboy himself pulled out without much of a fight, as my Sherm just shelled misery and destruction upon him unopposed.

So, while I pounded the lad into submission with my superior tactics, cat-like wit, cunning sarcasm and just all around greatness, I feel as if I didn't get Berli's "best".

Oh, and by the way, I'm kicking Wildman's arse too in our little tiff.

So, if anyone is ready to get in line next for their schooling, line up fellas (and the occasional lady) and be prepared to suffer against Tom's Combat Wombat's... the most effective fighting force in the polygon world.

May all of your blow-up dolls have unrepairable leaks this weekend.

GI Tom

------------------

To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GI Tom:

even with me getting 92 and Berli getting 8... I feel as if I didn't get Berli's "best". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

eek.gif !

I believe Chuppy is running a support group for Monodigitosis. Perhaps we should send the ambulance round, as this seems a little out of character?

Ahhh.. operation "Appease Girlfriend" has been successful. Much later tonight I will return to normal CM operations.

Berli and JD expect setups to be whizzing out your way soon. Since you specified no particular conditions I will select the conditions. The one thing I can tell you is that I will be attacking. Further details will forthcoming with the setup. I look forward with great anticipation since the thought of crushing both of you under my boot makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Stuka is getting married? Stuka, you are a fool. Just had to say that...

Jeff

------------------

First of all, David, you stupid sot, if names were meant to be descriptive, everyone would have the, culturally appropriate, name of, "Ugly little purple person that cries and wets itelf." -Meeks.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stuka:

I await your set up oh windy one.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Next open slot, I've just set hounds on Simon Fox. But my game with Moriarity is all but over, and when he's been rent assunder I shall send you a setup.

I didn't realize Australia practiced the custom of 'Arranged Marriages', but it must, because I simply cannot imagine a woman agreeing to marry you of her own free will. The assumption naturally follows that marriage to you was agreed upon by the families, probably while she was still a child, and that she hasn't as yet met you, otherwise she'd have emigrated.

------------------

Tremble, tyrants and you perfidious opprobrium of all the parties,

Tremblez! your parricidal projects finally will receive their prices!

But these sanguinary despots, But these accomplices of Berli,

All these tigers which, without pity, Bauhaus the centre of their mother!

We will enter the career When our elder is not there any more,

We will find there their dust And the trace of their virtues

[This message has been edited by Seanachai (edited 01-19-2001).]

An announcement.

My ISP is going down for scheduled maintenance for several hours anytime now, and I also have a trip up to Northern Victoria that will encroach into about 12 hours of what could have been valuable CMing time.

So, could you please keep the posts down to a minimum so I won't have that much catching up to do on my return.

Also, behave yourselves. Don't make me have to use the sheep costume on you!

Mace

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mace:

...I also have a trip up to Northern Victoria that will encroach into about 12 hours of what could have been valuable CMing time.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Must be some real nice sheep up there in Northern Victoria.

I hope your crotch becomes infested with bushmen.

Jeff

------------------

First of all, David, you stupid sot, if names were meant to be descriptive, everyone would have the, culturally appropriate, name of, "Ugly little purple person that cries and wets itelf." -Meeks.

Bugger, now I have to determine what I've done to offend Lorak. Not one acknowledgement of my recent victories or question regarding noting of same.

I have begun operation "Aussie, aussie, aussie, die, die, die". Besides my current game with Goanna, and my recent (admittedly narrow) victory over Mace, I have begun a game against Simon Fox (another horrible Rune creation, I'm told, although Mr. Fox maintains that Rune restrained himself somewhat), and will soon begin a game against Stuka (he's Australian, isn't he? Or was he a Kiwi? Samoan? oh, well, he was from some island or other). Then, of course, at some point I will have to give Speedy a sound thrashing as well. Will I need to include the Kiwis in this, I wonder? Most Americans mistakenly lump them all together, but it seems to me that they share an antipathy for each other, rather like human beings and Texans.

------------------

Now that work has calmed down a little, I've reviewed the last few pages of the pool. Other than Stuka's being fitted with a ball and chain, and Meek's running amock on the main board, I haven't missed much.

Well, back to it: As a further public service to the 'Pool, and the CM community at large, I have taken on the position of Pool fight promoter (I've even let my hair grow like Don King's). For the first matchup on the card, Wildman vs. SteveTheRat. I received the first file from Wildman in the Battle of the newbie gits, and I will be providing a play-by-play of all the gory details of their little love fest:

In this corner, in the matted fur trunks, smelling of dead animals, Wildman. His opponent, with the beady red eyes, and naked tail, SteveTheRat. This fight is for the title of Cesspool Doormat, with the winner entitled to the High Honor of having all who enter scrape the crap off of their boots on his back. The loser''s head will be used to replace the Cesspool drain plug that got lost the last time Meek's escaped.

A few updates:

Its good to see that jd has bailed Croda out of the county lock-up, as the pool just didn't seem right without his senseless ravings. BTW me boy, try to keep your nose clean from here on, I told you that you can't do that with chickens, even in Pennsylvania. In our battle-o-doom, Croda has gained a little bridgehead on my side of the River Styx on the west side of the map (soon to be thrown back across the river with heavy losses no doubt); while I am sending a massive armored attack across the eastern most bridge. Soon the river will run red, and the fish will feast on the severed limbs of the Crodatruppen.

My little doglessdalem, it would seem that you have managed to show some uncharacteristic tactical skill in the last few turns, and are gamely hanging on. But I still hold most of the VLs, and outnumber you, so its pay me now, or pay me latter.

Lawyer Boy, you gamey bastard. You will be getting my setup whenever the hell I manage to get around to it. What the hell is with locking me into Canadians on a heavily wooded map? Doubtless you will be loaded for bear with SMG equipped Krauts to torment my poor little Canucks. Too bad you have no soul, as if you did, Berli would surely use yours for his hemorrhoid ring for all eternity. No matter, I will rise up and smite you with the smitiest of smites nontheless.

Shandorf's men advance on my prepared defensive line. Come a little bit closer Shandy Baby. I am preparing a very warm reception for your men. I hope you have lots of pine boxes ready to ship them home.

I am instructing Hiram on the finer points of an infantry defense vs. a combined arms attack. Many of his Brits lie face up in the snow covered valleys of "Chupazuma's Revenge."

Battles against Nijis and Elvis are in mop-up mode, and I should be adding a few more ears to my collection very soon.

Peter has apparently lost my last file, so I will send it again tonight. The Bazooka of DOOM rides again.

Finally, let me say a word about that cheating, gamey, ugly, sore pocked, lice ridden, sheep shagger Speedy. Somehow he has managed edit my files and insert his own orders for my troops. Nothing else could explain how this low life cretin could actually be winning our little fight.

------------------

This message brought to you by

Marlow's Salvage and Wrecking Service,

Proud Sponsor of The Cesspool

formerly The 'Meeks currently exists as Polar Bear excrement' Memorial Thread

I approve of keeping Newcomers busy taunting each other. It is a good training ground for them, and their efforts in their early days here are so pitiful that they should only be inflicted on each other.

I also adovcate a close watch on Meeks, who's gone quite mad...that is, his normal and inherent madness has moved into an energetic phase again, and he is annoying and terrorizing people on the main Board again.

------------------

Help, I have fallen to page two and I can't get up!

Geeeeezus! All those stupid threads from the newbies just push the pool into page two. What is the world coming to?

Jeff

------------------

First of all, David, you stupid sot, if names were meant to be descriptive, everyone would have the, culturally appropriate, name of, "Ugly little purple person that cries and wets itself." -Meeks.

Depending on how late you are up Meeksy I will send you an e-mail when I get home tonight. If you are up for a TCP/IP I will play you.

Yes! I will play you like a two string banjo, I will!

Jeff

------------------

First of all, David, you stupid sot, if names were meant to be descriptive, everyone would have the, culturally appropriate, name of, "Ugly little purple person that cries and wets itself." -Meeks.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark IV:

eek.gif !

I believe Chuppy is running a support group for Monodigitosis. Perhaps we should send the ambulance round, as this seems a little out of character?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bah, I've beaten Moriarty worse than that. Post a real score and I'll deign to comment.

------------------

Soy super bien soy super super bien soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super

I will play you tonight, Jefe, and I will kill you tonight, Jefe.

By the way, Roborat is no longer in charge of toweling off the glistening bodies of YK2 and Kitty after they change out of their biohazard suits and shower off. This duty will now be held by Marlow, who is far more eminently qualified for it as he is much more intelligent and hard-working. Roborat is now in charge of throwing Hiram's dirty underwear into the pit where Wildman and stevetherat fight.

Apologies to Wildman and Marlow

I have just realised I have sent you the most humungous files known to man. I have learnt from this and am now in the possession of MacZip.

My files will now be smaller and more efficient, but no less deadly. Think of them as concentrated arsenic as opposed to full cream milk.

Once again, apologies.

Steve

Guest Wildman

Apparently the fear you feel as you prepare to watch those poor Ami soldiers dies is felt by your computer and was sent in the file, you pathetic ratshagger.

**Serious Mode ** Good Lord! 1.09 Meg. Not that I mind, its works bandwidth ** Serious Mode off **

Prepare for your turn in the barrel, RATboy!

---

[This message has been edited by Wildman (edited 01-19-2001).]

Tome updates:

jdmorse-win

Mace-loss

GiTom-win

Berli-loss

Seanachai, I know I recorded your games. If I forgot to post them in a tome update....who cares. But I did record them.

Several People would like to know why I insist on trying to teach them... and moreover what in the hell type of teaching system I use.

(well, they haven't really ask. But I know all my obscure rambeling on so many topics has them wondering)

So.. here is a brief introduction in the teaching system of Lorak.

The first lesson I teach all of my students is discontinuity.

I barage them with snatches of astrology, Kabbalism, the I ching, conspiracy theries, Greek myths, Catholic rites, the tarot, crystals, druids, Gehenna, demonology, evolution, alchemy, the Book of the Dead, Lovecraft, Orphic mysteries, Ufo's, the Grail cycle, Nostradamus, quantum theory, archangels, the Golden Dawn, radical relativism, neopaganism, the Book of Nod, Catharist heresies,ect...

Everything I teach is kept uncontaminated by any specific context. Logical progressions, whether they be chronological or conceptual, are harshly suppressed. All theories, even the most tenuosly held, are placed on equal footing. Each is presented as being equally plausible and, in the final reckoning, true.

If a student should show signs of a developing enthusiasm, I immediatly change tack- perferably taking up a tradition that vilifies or is at least openly dismissive of the previous one. But there are ample other distractions to take the novice's mind of the drudgery of any one particular subject.

The Cesspool is a symphony of taunts and curses- tolling the hours of study or of service; calling the faithful to meetings or mealtimes; announcing the arrival of emissaries or idiot invaders. In all this frenzied activity, there is an elegant discontinuity... not only of topic, but of time.

The benefits of discontinuity are legion. It discourages overspecialization, attachment and sentimentality. It gives the novice the broadest possible base of knowledge. It developes healthy reserves of sophism, cynicism and intellectualism to carry them through thier coming struggles.

This is my system and it is what I try to provide to you, my students, with all my heart and free. Sadly my work is an unthankful one, and my heart grows weary when I realize what a sorry lot of twits I have taken to teach. My lessons are deep and full of deep thinking and understanding. The problem is that most of you have the attention span of a constipated maggot. In fact I would be really surprised if more that one of you even bothered to read this whole post...

Lorak the loathed

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Cesspool

Combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX

and for Kitty's sake

=^..^=

I dream? have I found my place in life? This is Where you all went. Right under my nose all along. In "The Pool." For Gawd sake.

*ATTENTION!*

I would like to welcome myself to "The Thread." Also Make some room, because here I come. Running... Leaping high... Head first...

------------------

Semper Fi.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jarhead:

Ooga ooga, me Lothar, want to be let in so I can have frat party and pick up on glistening chicks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, moron, this is the only response you get, you need to find and beat up on someone in your same position (Worthless newcomer to the all-glorious Pool of the Gods), preferably someone you can pull out of the forum, for us to acknowledge your existence.

Now back to my fastidious ignoring of the fact that something just came in and wanted my attention.

[This message has been edited by Elijah Meeks (edited 01-19-2001).]

Originally posted by Elijah Meeks:

Welcome aboard Jarhead. God it is great to have you with us. May I just say that I have played all your user created battles, they are great. Oh, just so you know. I have made for myself a name on this thread. So I will need to send you a nasty gram from time to time. Please do not take any of it serious as I worship the ground you walk on. Again do not let on to anything I've said here, as it could hurt my "mean" appearance. Welcome and good luck Marine!

Question to the pool:

If a hard working, strikingly handsome yet all round great guy comes home to find his CM cd removed from the drive and her Soldier of Fortune disc in its place, is that grounds for anullment?

Prior to the fact? Ceterus parabis...Caveat emptor....there must be a legal term for this, surely?