Big Ugly Tank mod

I was going to finish this up and post it soon, but Gordon said that the Churchill was a big, ugly tank, and no one uses it, so what was the point...

Churchill%20IP.jpg

Maybe he's right. I doubt Manx or der Kessel would want to host it anyways.... :D

I'll just run the last revisions by the rest of the testers, and then I'll just delete it.

Regards,

MSP

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

What a waste. Why don't you make yourself useful and mod the Hotchkiss?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The machine gun? Sorry, I'm afraid I can't mod machineguns very well. I wish I could, but - alas - I just don't have the necessary skills.... :(

Regards,

MSP

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

It may not have been very effective, but the Hotchkiss did have a main gun, you know! smile.gif

By the way, very nice mod!!!

[ 10-06-2001: Message edited by: Pvt. Ryan ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks!

You've played the Paris scenario, yes? I believe it's called "A Walk in Paris" or something like that. That is the only time I have run across the Hotchkiss. The Hotchkisses (I am using Tigers mod BTW) didn't fair too well. I don't think they had a chance to use their main gun, 'cause they were too busy 'sploding. Imagine that...

;)

The Panthers, on the other hand, were the devil to deal with....

O.K., the Hotchkiss goes on the list to mod, as per Pvt. Ryan.

Regards,

MSP

Of course, I was not serious about the Hotchkiss! I played a very short QB against the AI with nothing but a pair of Hotchkii, just to remind myself of what they were. The camo is nice, but the roadwheels make up a large portion of the vehicle's profile and they are hideously low rez. I think the Tiger still needs some more work, but if you want to work in the Hotchkiss go ahead. I really liked Tiger's Tiger when he did it, but it looks out of place next to Fernando's German armor mods now.

Hi Feldgrau

Originally posted by Feldgrau:

[QB]I was going to finish this up and post it soon, but Gordon said that the Churchill was a big, ugly tank, and no one uses it, so what was the point...

Hey its a 'Mother beautiful Tank' enough with the 'Negative Waves' smile.gif

I really like your Mod of the Churchill please have someone host it if possible.

I know the Churchill is ugly but it is a tough old sod well deserving of a good mod.

Cheers

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Feldgrau:

I was going to finish this up and post it soon, but Gordon said that the Churchill was a big, ugly tank, and no one uses it, so what was the point...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I said "I've never actually found the Churchill to be that ugly. It has a nasty sort of rugged, beastial brutality about it. The problem is, it's an ugly MOD." :D

No, it's actually a wonderful mod, and I have lot's of plans for it. smile.gif

Gordon

[ 10-06-2001: Message edited by: Gordon ]

[ 10-06-2001: Message edited by: Gordon ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gordon:

No, I said "I've never actually found the Churchill to be that ugly. It has a nasty sort of rugged, beastial brutality about it. The problem is, it's an ugly MOD." :D

No, it's actually a wonderful mod, and I have lot's of plans for it. smile.gif

Gordon

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heheheheheh!!!! I just love doing that....!

O.K., I was a bit giddy last night, because I made the cut on Friday (for those of you who may have suffered already from the enconomic downturn and Sept. 11, you'll know what I mean...), and I will be able to feed my family for at least 6 more months, so I was having some fun at Gordon's expense. I am almost finished with this mod; the testers have the final revisions to review, I have to make the chenges from that, and then they'll be ready to post.

I suppose you'll want these CMMOS compatible? Well, please offer Gordon your thanks, because he's already assigned me the offical Rules set numbers, and that's how they'll come! What I would like to find out is if there is anyone out there who wants them as Mod Manager compliant? Just curious if there is anyone who uses this program as I do as a supplement to CMMOS....?

Thank you all very much for your kind comments and feedback! I appreciate it very much. Gordon- sorry I picked you as my target!

BTW- for those of you that asked for a Cromwell / Comet / Challenger mod; please take a close look in the backgound of two of the pictures above... Up next....

Regards,

MSP

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael emrys:

Cool mod. :cool: Particularly like the complex detail work on the treads. :cool: :cool:

Michael<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I wish I could take credit for that, but those aren't mine.... smile.gif I honestly don't know where they came from, but I got them off of another mod, and they seem to be used on all of the British non-Sherman tanks, the Universal Carriers, and ALSO on all of the German tanks! One of those wierd texture sharing thingies that CMBO does.

Maybe this came from Kitty's King Tiger? Does anyone recognize which mod this is from, and who did it...?

BTW- this .bmp is not a part of my mod, and so won't come with it...

Regards,

MSP

Hey that is a great looking mod. The detail is fantastic and you got the coloring just right. Extremely nice looking mod. Now I normally don't play British because they are stuffy and nose up in the air ( Just kidding ) but I do on occasion in scenario's and your mod would make them that much more enjoyable - by a lot!

I can't believe I spent all the time scanning pictures and the bandwith to send the pictures to you for this. ;)

Drop-dead gorgeous.

BTW - the Churchill at Bovington has 9th RTR markings. As soon as I get the picture developed I send it to you.

Edited because I am worth it.

[ 10-06-2001: Message edited by: Germanboy ]

Feldgrau and Michael,

I've identified the track, it's from one of Marco bergman's Sherman packs.

Just look for this mod:

bergman_all_us_ff_m4_hr.zip

There a file named tracks.zip inside, if you open it you will find the track (which is 4020.bmp)

Marcus

[ 10-06-2001: Message edited by: mike8g ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mike8g:

Feldgrau and Michael,

I've identified the track, it's from one of Marco bergman's Sherman packs.

Just look for this mod:

bergman_all_us_ff_m4_hr.zip

There a file named tracks.zip inside, if you open it you will find the track (which is 4020.bmp)

Marcus

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Marcus,

Thanks! I wondered where it was from after Michael pointed it out. I've had it for so long I've completely forgotten where it came from...

Regards,

MSP

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

I can't believe I spent all the time scanning pictures and the bandwith to send the pictures to you for this. ;)

Drop-dead gorgeous.

BTW - the Churchill at Bovington has 9th RTR markings. As soon as I get the picture developed I send it to you.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, yeah, sure.... like I haven't heard that before....

What ever happened to the pics you were going to scan and send to me from that 79'th AD book you spent 49 pounds on? I'm still waiting on those so I have some historical precendant to add an a/c recognition star to the turret top like you've been yammering on and on about.... :D

Seriously, I have a large debt of gratitude to you for providing all of the pictures you have so far, which have helped tremendously in the creation of this mod. Thank you once again!

Regards,

MSP