MAc users.

Im pretty currious to know if there are a lot of Mac users that play Combat missions. Since all Ive seen till now are PC users. This only to share ideas and 'stuff' with mac users and to know if the mods are 'hybrid' compatible.

Thnx

Rat

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rat:

Im pretty currious to know if there are a lot of Mac users that play Combat missions. Since all Ive seen till now are PC users. This only to share ideas and 'stuff' with mac users and to know if the mods are 'hybrid' compatible.

Thnx

Rat<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes there are, and yes they are. ;)

Running it fully modded on an iMac DV SE 400, 256MB. You have to get one of the two mod managers though.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

Yes there are, and yes they are. ;)

Running it fully modded on an iMac DV SE 400, 256MB. You have to get one of the two mod managers though.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice. I have a Power Mac G3 with 300Mhz :( 193Ram and a 16mb Video card.

There are probably more Mac users playing CMBO as a percentage of total players than any other game out there.

I have no hard facts other than noting the number of Mac users that consistently post here.

I'm running a G4/450 320 MB of Ram ATI Radeon 32mb Video Card

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rat:

Show us your Mac!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Power Computing PowerCenter 132 with an XLR8 CarrierZIF, OWC 333/512K G3 ZIF overclocked to 402/201, 128MB RAM, 16MB ATI Rage Orion, still running MacOS8.1.

Agua Perdido

[Edited to note that, yes, I play CMBO on a six-year-old computer. And it's bee-yoo-tee-full! (The CMBO in smooth 1024x768, that is, not the computer. The computer's actually a bit grimy, and I wish it were a tower case so I could hide it under my desk.)]

[ 07-23-2001: Message edited by: Agua Perdido ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

About 25% of sales are to Macintosh users, which is twice the percentage of Macintosh computers in private hands.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where'd you get that from?

I thought no figures whatsoever have been released..

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jarmo:

Where'd you get that from?

I thought no figures whatsoever have been released..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

About six months ago one of the peanut gallery (I wont mention names) was gooning off that Macs were dead, Macs development should be shut down by BTS, and efforts directed to more PC games. Steve gave this idiot both barrels, and in the load of buck shot he said that mac sales were about 25% of the total sales, and that it represented about 1% of the calls for service.

AD

I had a Rage 128 in my G3 tower

I loved it when I bought it

But when I got the G4

(it was actually GIVEN to me) :D

I decided to spring for a Radeon Card

to totally bring the system up to where I wanted it

I notice a huge difference in Graphics !!!

For me anyway it was well worth it

and there is a rebate from ATI til July 31, 2001

[ 07-23-2001: Message edited by: jeffsmith ]

Mac user here!

I used to be playing on a G3 350 mhz, 192 RAM, and NO 3D card! :eek:

I have a new mac now, a G4 466 Mhz, 256 RAM, and an NVIDIA 32 meg card. Great graphics ability, but currrently it has some major flaws with CM. Hopefully some up-and-comming drivers'll get me back into CM.

I do love this game! smile.gif

I have a Rev D 333mhz iMac with 256MB of RAM running 9.0.4 which is rock-solid and a brand new Dual Processor 533mhz G4, 768 mb of RAM (And the 17" LCD ;) ) running 9.1 with the geforce2 MX card and it's one temperamental beastie.

Gyrene

Yes, I'm one of the tew, the proud, the MacAddicts (figured I'd get that in before Gluteus Maximus shows up)

Running an old PowerComputing PowerCenter Pro 240 (got in on the fire sale when they got bought out), upgraded to G3 400, 192 MB, and Rage Orion 16MB vid card.

It ain't flashy but the old dog works.

[ 07-23-2001: Message edited by: Moriarty ]