+rou|}le

New to the game?

Huge gaps between something or other? (This is rather hard to decipher!) One or two thoughts.

FIrst, did you download the full game onto your PC? You're not playing off the CD, are you? Madmatt says he still gets six emails a day from newbies where that's the main problem.

Second, how's your graphics accelerator? Got any other big games that run well/ badly off your PC?

A bum CD sounds highly unlikely. You should hunt down a buddy's PC to see if works on his.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by funnyman:

Hello Im havin a li++le pro|}. wih my CM cd. when a paly CM here are HU(,E (,APS an |}e+ween. Can any1 +ell me whas wron, Id really ha+e +o |}uy ano+her copy.

(key|}oards |}us+ed in some keys)<hr></blockquote>

Now that was Funny

Funnyman,

If you dont like the sarcasm, you might need to start using your keyboard like a big boy. ;) Just a word of advice man, that 3L33+ ^IO*YU()UJYHO kind of talk is hilarious, and youre just begging to be jeered at with it.

Now there are times when I have experienced a huge gap (of time?) in between playing. This is known as the calculation phase. You will see a blue bar at the bottom center of your screen. This is your computer calculating the action for the 60 second movie playback.

If you got your CM cd from a source other than Big Time Software, their copied version of CM might have a problem on it. If so, go ahead and post the url (and IP#) for the website where you got it, and I am certain that one of BTS's support staff will get right on it, and solve your problem.

Hope that helps smile.gif

funnyman - which OS are you using ? There's an Accesibility program called On-Screen Keyboard that comes with Windows 2000 and probably 98/ME and XP that you can use until you purchase another keyboard (you may have to install it though). It's usually found on the Start Menu > Programs > Accessories > Accessibility > On-Screen Keyboard when it's installed.

As for your 'huge gaps' you'll need to be a little more descriptive of the problem. Are you saying that the game slows down while scrolling around or that it pauses for much too long while you're issuing commands, etc. ?

What video card, CPU and OS are you using with CM ?

If you have actual technical problems with running CM you may want to post and/or search in the Tech Support Forum in the future.

[ 12-05-2001: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]</p>

OK now that i have a different board i can tell you the story in clear words: I

1:I did buy the CD from Battlefront

2: CDs got sratches but its always been able to work

3: The game play has gaps EX: the game starts but skips to 22 sec. with out showing the game play then skips to 60 sec. and the end of the turn

4: NO MORE SARCASM PLEASE

5: I AM NOT A HACKER!!!!!!!

OK now I dont want cracks about the KEY BOARD thats not the reason i posted this.

OK, first things first - a new keyboard will cost you $40, tops. If you can afford this game, you can afford a new keyboard. Your posts are annoying to read and I'm not going to bother to try to figure out the details of what you're trying to say.

Since the gist of what you seem to be trying to say is that you think there is a problem with your CM CD, I am happy to inform you that if you REALLY have a problem with your CD, I am sure BTS will be happy to send you a new one, free of charge. They did for me - mine was bent nearly in half when the mailman tried to jam the package into my overfull mailbox.

I am equally sure that Madmatt (who handles these kinds of things at BTS) will not even bother to read more than two words of your compliant email if you can't figure out a way to type it using the full 26 letters of the modern english alphabet, and some punctuation marks for good measure.

The 'skips in playback' would not be due to scratches on the CM CD. Did you perform a 'full install (327Mb)' or did you perform one of the other partial installs that install far less ? I'd highly suggest the full install, since you may be dependent on the CD's speed at certain points during the game (but not during turn playback to my knowledge).

Some users have seen a problem where the movement on screen is jerky and the time jumps ahead, but it isn't related to their system's performance. I believe this was a problem for some users using laptops with NVidia chips and some other players who had NVidia cards. I can't recall what the solution was, but it may have something to do with other programs that you may have loaded up (in the background, in the System Tray or elsewhere). You may want to do a Ctrl-Alt-Del and see what is running (Explorer and Systray you'll want and possibly some other programs). A Ctrl-Alt-Del listing won't show every piece of running software that could be affecting your playback in CM, but it's a start.

OK now that i have a different board i can tell you the story in clear words: I

1:I did buy the CD from Battlefront

2: CDs got sratches but its always been able to work

3: The game play has gaps EX: the game starts but skips to 22 sec. with out showing the game play then skips to 60 sec. and the end of the turn

4: NO MORE SARCASM PLEASE

5: I AM NOT A HACKER!!!!!!!

OK now I dont want cracks about the KEY BOARD thats not the reason i posted this.