Do you think venison tastes gamey?

The act of deer running away (aka Das Deertaktik) is in no way gamey. It ain't meat if it's still on the hoof. The hunter, in this case, is clearly too attritionist and insufficiently maneuverist to cope with the more cunning intellect of the superintelligent gamey-bastard deer.

Knock his horns off, wipe his ass, and send him on out...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously everyone who disagrees with me is high after sniffing the communal glue which manoouuouvreistas sniff before posting. Deer follow maaaaaaaanouvreouvreouvreouvreist doctrine, that is obvious, as is the number of deer victories achieved. Hunters, however, by attritting the deer, follow attritionist doctrine. This is as plane as the wart on Berli's bulbuous nose. You cannot kill a deer, no matter how gamey, without attritting it. Perhaps I should type slower. You cannot kill a deer, no matter how gamey, without attritting it. There. Got it? Good.

Guest Mikey D

Deer tastes like goat, which tastes like mutton. Gamey gamey gamey.

Goose tastes like duck. Gamey gamey gamey.

Rabbit tastes like... rabbit.

Moose tastes like fine beef.

What's the connection with the game?... Well, there is that 'cow under tree' mod out there!

Now for all the talk of deer, it seems you have forgotten one important group.

The moooodeer. These are those black and white (I know not all moooodeer are black and white, but I like to keep things simple) animals which are hunted by Yanks and city folk.

Now while you would assume that a moooodeer would be a maneuooooueverist they are realy atrisionists, as they don't move to much. Unless you milk them with cold hands, but I digress that is more of a social argument then a military one.

Bottom line, gamey or not moooodeer are cows too.

------------------

Ours is not to reason why, ours is to do or die!!!

Originally posted by BlueFalcon:

Now for all the talk of deer, it seems you have forgotten one important group.

The moooodeer. These are those black and white (I know not all moooodeer are black and white, but I like to keep things simple) animals which are hunted by Yanks and city folk.

Sounds like an Alaskan "Slow Elk."

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, and more!

Maneuvering, still on the hoof, not meat? Are you daft? Without meat, life itself would vegetate. And you shoot deer from the back of the pickup truck, where the beer is - not out in the woods. Or you wait for them to "boing" into the road and then get 'em mit der pickup truck. As for cows, cows are funnier than deer, though not necessarily gamier. But beware. Not all cows are as poorly armed as you might think. See this link, first item -

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/105/dana_lyons.html

Originally posted by Mikey D:

Deer tastes like goat, which tastes like mutton. Gamey gamey gamey.

Goose tastes like duck. Gamey gamey gamey.

Rabbit tastes like... rabbit.

Moose tastes like fine beef.

What's the connection with the game?... Well, there is that 'cow under tree' mod out there!

I think they all taste like chicken. Is chicken gamey?

Originally posted by jd:

Of course ulitimately we have to ask why BTS has not modeled the deerA3E8 in CM.

The official word from BTS is that there has been no resolution to the issue of whether the deerA3E8 as two lugs on its starboard (right) aft (rear) haunch or whether, in fact, this is in reality a depiction of the deerA1E8, which, as we all know, was produced in limited numbers in 1941-42. Some rather grainy photographs from a Serbo-Croatian website that purport to represent the deerA3E8, circa 1944, show only 1 lug.

------------------

"Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change." -- Oddball

"Crap." -- Moriarty

Originally posted by bauhaus:

I think they all taste like chicken. Is chicken gamey?

Trust me on this, wild duck does not taste like chicken.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, and more!

That was obviously a pacifist response.

All true Americans love to kill deer, wade into them, spill their guts, shoot them in the belly. When you put your hand into a gob of goo, that moments before was your best head of garden lettuce, well, you'll know what to do.

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

Originally posted by Hamsters:

Obviously everyone who disagrees with me is high after sniffing the communal glue which manoouuouvreistas sniff before posting. Deer follow maaaaaaaanouvreouvreouvreouvreist doctrine, that is obvious, as is the number of deer victories achieved. Hunters, however, by attritting the deer, follow attritionist doctrine. This is as plane as the wart on Berli's bulbuous nose. You cannot kill a deer, no matter how gamey, without attritting it. Perhaps I should type slower. You cannot kill a deer, no matter how gamey, without attritting it. There. Got it? Good.

Your idiodic posts clearly indicate that the closest you've been to hunting is ordering a cheeseburger at McDonalds

Were you driving at the time? If so, that would make you a maneuverist

Moron! Soon as someone achieves a victory it's seen a mooverist or exhibiting mooverist doctrine. It is clear that in this case the gentleman in question was an atritionist since he ran his car into the deer and killed it. Noowhere does it say 'I sauntered around the deer, jabbed it in the sides a couple of times, killed its aunt and convinced it to surrender out of depression'

No! he hit it with his car, clearly this is a perfect example of atritionist doctrine perfected. He hit it till it was dead and then probably ran over it for good measure, and maybe even ate it using his bowels to attrit it further.

Moron!

PeterNZ

------------------

- Official owner of the sig files of Dalem, Croda and JeffShandorf -

Der Kessel scenario design group

Combat Vision movies

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Your idiodic posts clearly indicate that the closest you've been to hunting is ordering a cheeseburger at McDonalds

I do not need to point out that disparaging remarks such as yours are what destroys good debate. I'm insulted and shocked. As to your little thought expiriment, no I haven't gone hunting but I've read many books written in very stodgy manner relating what happens around the activity of hunting. Some of these books have been called false but I've recreated a deer, three moose and a gazelle in model form as well as two hunters following standard TOE (K-Mart style camo, Beer, gun, 'nother gun, more beer, dog) and, in my calculations, my attrition argument works perfectly, you gooseheaded bastard.

If you agree with the deer in advance as to how he will taste, then it does not matter if it is gamey. But gamey is a relative term. Is the venison fresh? Was the deer tied to the hood of your car for a week before you cooked it? There are just too many variables.

I can't personally speak to the manueverist vs. attritionist argument in the U.S. as I have not personally observed any actual CM deer movies.

However, I believe that I can speak to areas in Central Europe. While spending six months in Budapest, Hungary (and eventually marrying a local (although that is a story for another thread)), I noticed that most restaurants had a Entree with the english translation as "Game" or "Game of the Day". Now clearly, these dishes were simply the roadkill found by the restaurants scouts (not sure if they used split squads on foot or banzai jeeps). In this context it is clear that the former Warsaw Pact tactic is clearly maneuverist (ie hit it with a moving vehicle).

Speedbump

...no I haven't gone hunting but I've read many books written in very stodgy manner relating what happens around the activity of hunting. Some of these books have been called false but I've recreated a deer, three moose and a gazelle in model form as well as two hunters following standard TOE (K-Mart style camo, Beer, gun, 'nother gun, more beer, dog) and, in my calculations, my attrition argument works perfectly, you gooseheaded bastard.

So, you are an 'Armchair hunter' with no real experience in the actual art of hunting. No computer model can include all the variables involved in real hunting, therefore your arguements are based on false data to begin with. I suggest you try at least interviewing some veteran hunters rather than the theories put forth by authors who, in most cases, have no actual experience in hunting

What if you happen to be fang'in along a freeway in your natty pickup, and by pure chance your eye catches a mortally wounded deer laying by the road, immobilised by Hamsters.

And you then roger the lucky animal to death with your huge 'thingey'?

Is that attritionthingey or maneuverthingey?

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

So, you are an 'Armchair hunter' with no real experience in the actual art of hunting. No computer model can include all the variables involved in real hunting, therefore your arguements are based on false data to begin with. I suggest you try at least interviewing some veteran hunters rather than the theories put forth by authors who, in most cases, have no actual experience in hunting

It's a well documented fact, you dunderhead, that hunters commonly misremember their hunting experiences, doubling the range and size of the target while halving the ammunition expenditure. In fact, real life hunters are so unreliable as to render anyone who has hunted to be completely unqualified to take part in any discussion about hunting, you soiled diaper.

Only by removing the hunter, gun and deer from the situation and reducing it to a simple series of mathematical equations with a collapsing theoretical to represent the success of hunting can we truly analyze hunting and it's proper, tactical usage in real life, you dip.

According to these infallible equations and books written by others using similar infallible equations, we can see that hunters utilize attrition warfare and that deer are realistic, not gamey, you cheap whore.

Originally posted by Stuka:

What if you happen to be fang'in along a freeway in your natty pickup, and by pure chance your eye catches a mortally wounded deer laying by the road, immobilised by Hamsters.

And you then roger the lucky animal to death with your huge 'thingey'?

Is that attritionthingey or maneuverthingey?

Obviously you would be attritting the dead beast with your thingie, as this mathematical model shows:

Stuka(Thingie)^.6* x Dead(Hamsters{Noshing}Deer) / You Sick Bastard2

And of course, vis a vis, the deer would be practicing Maoauaunoueoeaoaaoiuoaiiaovre doctrine.

Guest Andrew Hedges

I think this thread clearly shows that infantry need a "hunt" command. Anything else would not be realistic.

I would also appreciate more discussion on deer TOE's. It's easy to bag one isolated deer, sure, but it's much more difficult when faced with a deer platoon, company, or battalion. I understand that SMG-wielding late war Volksgrenadeer were particularly vicious. smile.gif

And of course, vis a vis, the deer would be practicing Maoauaunoueoeaoaaoiuoaiiaovre doctrine.

The deer is mortally wounded! It is lying at the side of the road after suffering a transfer of momentum from a car-deer interaction, in fact it won't be maneuvering at all.

I think that invalidates your algorithm.

However, Stuka would be a proponent of maneuver, as is evident with his fine passion for mounting roadkill (and I don't mean on the Den wall).

Mace

[This message has been edited by Mace (edited 03-13-2001).]