Do you think venison tastes gamey?

Originally posted by Mark IV:

... I have worn our nation's orange in the hell of the northern woods, and may I say as politely as possible that your bizarre fantasies are based on a game, and not reality. It is one thing to move pixellated ruminants around a monitor and quite another to hold your position in a frozen blind when the acorns start dropping.

Gutless coward... no account REMF! You sat in a blind drinking scotch while the REAL hunters were stumbling, blindly drunk, about the bush.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Oh, believe me, I spent my time on the front lines... but those November maneuverists end up getting shot a lot. In fact it was the smack of a .30 into a nearby tree, and the sight of a party of "maneuverist" deer hunters peering at me through their Tascos for a better look (both incidents in a single weekend), that first spurred my interest in archery season.

But we digress... let's try to stay on topic, here. My personal memoirs would give you nightmares.

biggrin.gif

This silly thread has just given me A GREAT IDEA!!

Let's make up a computer game and call it "DEERHUNTER". The whole thing will simulate sitting in your computer chair instead of a blind, drinking yourself to numbing stupidity, and taking potshots at any pixel deer that appear. Sound exciting??

Then we could sell it to Wal-Mart and BestBuy. I'll bet they would line the shelves with it. We'll make the box orange, just like real hunter colors. Cool.

We could even have sequels of the same thing, like DEERHUNTER II, REVENGE OF THE DEER, BAMBI GETS EVEN, etc. Man, we could make a fortune.

Waddya think? Naahhh, nobody would buy something that boring. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

------------------

There are good reasons why the movie was called "Patton" rather than "Hodges".

Originally posted by Lawyer:

Let's make up a computer game and call it "DEERHUNTER". The whole thing will simulate sitting in your computer chair instead of a blind, drinking yourself to numbing stupidity, and taking potshots at any pixel deer that appear. Sound exciting??

Then we could sell it to Wal-Mart and BestBuy. I'll bet they would line the shelves with it. We'll make the box orange, just like real hunter colors. Cool.

We could even have sequels of the same thing, like DEERHUNTER II, REVENGE OF THE DEER, BAMBI GETS EVEN, etc. Man, we could make a fortune.

Waddya think? Naahhh, nobody would buy something that boring. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

That is damned funny. For those of you who don't know, Lawyer's idea was implemented a few years ago. He forgot about Bass Fishing, though.

You amatateur. Those are clickfests, totally unrealistic. We're talking about SIMULATIONS here. Idiot.

Originally posted by DeadHorse:

That is damned funny. For those of you who don't know, Lawyer's idea was implemented a few years ago. He forgot about Bass Fishing, though.

Bass Fishing!!!

What does bass fishing have to do with deer hunting?

This is a land based game. You cannot compare the three.

Next thing we'll start talking dove hunting!

Can't one thread stay on topic!?!

------------------

Ours is not to reason why, ours is to do or die!!!

...BAMBI GETS EVEN, ...

I think that I've seen than one on the Spice Channel... damnedest thing was, the guy "receiving" looked like Mace...

And it's obviously manoooooovrist, by the by, since the bullet/arrow/rock is in motion, get it now? That's why I've always tittered so over these pointless arguements... if the means of neutralizing your target move, then, ipso facto, sic gloria transit hamster, the aggressor is always a manooooooovrist and the defender an attrittionistt.

Duh.

Bassfishing is definitely attritionist, and therefore has no place in a thread about maneuverist hunting

Now that's just insulting and I demand you return to civil conversation or I will make sure you get banned, muttonsucker. This debate is whether or not hunting is attritionist or mooaoaonouovuvooouevuoveouveouoeuovuoauooavrist, if we had decided it was manurist all ready, there would be no argument, moron.

If you'd all pay attention, you realize that I started this thread with the express purpose of discussing whether or not venison is gamey. It's quite simple really. But leave it to you CM thread-wreckers to take a simple thread and quickly take it miles off the course of the original topic. (Did you ever notice how that seems to happen a lot around here?)

So if you'd please return to the original direction of this thread and discuss the gaminess of venison, and not the fact that hunters are most obviously manooveristicists and venison donors are most certainly attritionisticists.

By the way, the word is "attrite", not "attrit," dumbasses

Originally posted by PeterNZer:

The real question is whether Croda is manhoooverists or atritititionsistas?

PeterNZ

By manhooverist are you implying that Croda sucks?

And since gamey things suck...

then...

Croda is gamey!

I love Aristeetotallian logic!

Originally posted by Hamsters:

Now that's just insulting and I demand you return to civil conversation or I will make sure you get banned, muttonsucker. This debate is whether or not hunting is attritionist or mooaoaonouovuvooouevuoveouveouoeuovuoauooavrist, if we had decided it was manurist all ready, there would be no argument, moron.

There is no arguement... dumbass. The issue has been decided. We are now discussing whether venison/Croda are gamey

Synthesis?

One's Inner and Outer Croda should never meet.

If they did, we might face Crodageddon as the two thingies simply cause each other to cease to be in spectacular, bowelshatteringly awful fashion. I'd advice keeping the Inner and Outer seperated by a layer of skin and flesh.

PeterNZ

------------------

- Official owner of the sig files of Dalem, Croda and JeffShandorf -

Der Kessel scenario design group

Combat Vision movies

[This message has been edited by PeterNZer (edited 03-14-2001).]

Originally posted by Iskander:

Thesis: Croda is gamey.

Antithesis: Inner Croda is not gamey.

Synthesis: ???

Now don't you be dragging your Hegelian dialectic's in here young man. This is a respectable thread, not like your cesspool.

But the answer is......Synthesis = another loss for the Cro-boy. Sorry Croda, my former squire, but facts is facts.

------------------

If frogs had uzi's, snakes woudn't mess with them so much. - Hiram

[This message has been edited by jd (edited 03-14-2001).]

There is no arguement... dumbass. The issue has been decided. We are now discussing whether venison/Croda are gamey

Oh, I missed that part but, since you wrote it and, having never won an argument before you have perfect credibility, than we will move on to the gaminess of venison, which is not, it has a realistic flavor and of Croda which, having no real-life counterpart, is so obviously gamey it hurts.